Ways to make a realistic environment for tracks

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Chicken_Burrito
Team: privateer

Ways to make a realistic environment for tracks

Post by Chicken_Burrito »

so, I already know about using clouds on Photoshop to make an environment, but it just seems overly bumpy and unrealistic to me. What are some other ways that you can make an environment that have a good feel, or what can I do to make the cloud technique not as rough/bumpy?
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Re: Ways to make a realistic environment for tracks

Post by AtlasZoor »

for the cloud technique when you go into the editor just spam the smooth tool on like 5. then just use the raise and lower tool to get it to how you want. Other ways are to just look at irl tracks and their environment.
Chicken_Burrito

AtlasZoor wrote:for the cloud technique when you go into the editor just spam the smooth tool on like 5. then just use the raise and lower tool to get it to how you want. Other ways are to just look at irl tracks and their environment.
alright, thanks. Ill try it out and see if I can get it to work better.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

I have cs6, which doesn't have the cloud option. Is there a way to get it on cs6?
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

808 wrote:I have cs6, which doesn't have the cloud option. Is there a way to get it on cs6?
im not sure if you can get it on cs6, but another way is go to google and look up hightmaps. there are thousands of different hightmaps to choose from. then you can go into Photoshop crop it to a square if its not one already and wallah, you a pretty neat environment to make a track in.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

808 wrote:I have cs6, which doesn't have the cloud option. Is there a way to get it on cs6?
You have it. Go to..tools?, then render->clouds.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Wahlamt wrote:
You have it. Go to..tools?, then render->clouds.
It should be filter>render>clouds, but there's no render tab thingy
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I wouldn't say this is realistic, but if you want to create a random terrain that's more interesting to ride than pure noise give this a shot:

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2077
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Chicken_Burrito

jlv wrote:I wouldn't say this is realistic, but if you want to create a random terrain that's more interesting to ride than pure noise give this a shot:

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2077
Thats actually pretty cool, might take the terrain if I cant get something I like if that is alright with you.
Also I like how you have the map as the height map.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

You can use it if you like. Pretty easy to generate a new ones though. You might find some settings you like better if you play around with it.

I believe the topo map was made by using posterize followed by edge detect.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.