Hotfootsteel: a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young gamer

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Re: Scrap the current erode system

Post by SKlein »

Phathry25 wrote:I wish I could claim the account as one my mine, but I can’t.
IIIIIIIIII don't know.....
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

First off, let me just say you are an absolutely stupid fucking moron who has no clue what he's talking about.
HotFootSteel wrote:-the current erode system does not seem realistic at all
Find me a better/more realistic one?
-does not work on the whole track only corners
Some very strange looking corners in this picture.
-The shape of the ruts that form look and feel nothing like real life
If you had any clue how the game works you'd know it uses displacement maps for terrains (just like MX vs ATV) and with that, there is no way to do "overlapping" terrain. Beyond that, again, there isn't a more realistic system out there that I've found.

-
It feels like the lower terrain tool is attached to the rear tire and the front tire does nothing to the track so its like riding on bumpy cement
If it's just the lower tool, then how is it building up as well?
-FPS goes from 125 to 15 constantly and cause unnecessary contract between riders
Erode has nothing to do with the fact your PC is as big of a piece of trash as you are... as far as "unnecessary contracts", I don't think anyone is signing any contracts in MXS.
-we would probably have a better overall system if the erode system were built today rather than in 2008.
I don't see why it matters when it was made if it were to be made the same regardless?
-comparing 2017 to 2018 traction keeping your momentum is more important on the erode tracks as it seems to be a bit more "slick" feeling
The traction hasn't changed. Your lack of skill and knowledge are coming through again.
-The original version (from way before the current online version) worked by tracking the roost. I think that's why I called it "erode", because the roost was eroding away the dirt. Turns out roost is not the major factor in how a motocross track deforms so it didn't work well at all.(low key admitted you have no clue how dirt works in real life)
You're right, JLV is clueless. Yep...if you change JLV in that sentence to your name, it is a true statement.
-The game tries not to move the ground under your wheels because it makes things inconsistent.(Stupid fuck dont call it a simulator if it does not even simulate how dirt pushes)
Yep, you're still the only stupid fuck here.
- If it didn't do braking bumps I doubt people like HotFootSteel would have cared or even noticed(Has nothing to do with your precious braking bumps, It has every thing to do with the gaming being so shit it cant even simulate how dirt pushes correctly)
With the right settings, it's actually pretty dang accurate in most cases... including actually having braking bumps which no other game is doing.
- I don't have any ideas to further improve the actual deformation(again low key admitted you have no clue how dirt pushes in real life)
No, he's saying the tools are in the toolbox, it just takes someone to put them together correctly to make good settings.
-always had a feeling if the ground moved under you, it could hold you in such "material" as sand and give a nicer feel. As it stands, sim has always felt like hard packed dirt that has varied rates of slipperiness.(JLV READ YOU STUPID FUCK, how many people have to come out and say the game feels fake and does push dirt so its like riding on slippery concrete)
Why so hostile? I think you should not post again until you're off your period.
- There's a reason only Chris and yourself play with the current erode in such depth and no one else
Yes, because dumbass people like yourself would rather just spend time bitching than actually learning and progressing the game.

-
quads suck but this community just assume alot about people they have no idea who they are to talk shit to each other, cool.
This sentence almost made as much sense as you do. What I gather from your PMS, anger, and clear stupidness is that your ride quads.
JLV ignored all these points because he has no idea how to fix the problem, good thing he has aheckman tonging his ass hole and other people trying to fix it for him.
Poor Heckman. More shit gonna be coming out of his mouth than yours. But I don't think you've made a single point other than that you are a couch racing loser with no life or knowledge.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

checkerz wrote:Poor Heckman. More shit gonna be coming out of his mouth than yours. But I don't think you've made a single point other than that you are a couch racing loser with no life or knowledge.
:lol: thnx chex lol
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

HotFootSteel wrote:JLV READ YOU $"#¶= ##@€, how many people have to come out and say the game feels fake and does push dirt so its like riding on slippery concrete
If it feels like concrete or slippery concrete, that is up to the trackmaker who might have made a poor choice on traction. Also I've seen no one saying it feels fake, rather that it doesn't work very well since it's still "new" to being added online and not enough people has taken the time to learn the settings.

From what I've seen on the last few pictures, the settings are really coming together. If we can learn from this by Guru Checkerz, we might have some dope ass tracks in one years time. However if so, we do have to rely on the community actually caring and learning what settings work, which seems to be a lot of work for people these days, unlike 7-10 years ago, where it was only natural to experiment with what was given.

HotFootSteel if you want, take a track like Alcrest, put your traction on there and your erode settings. You wouldn't need to learn how to make a track, just a few bits of trackmaking. I could teach you what things you'd need to know in order to get it started.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

checkerz wrote:long post
Honestly Chris, I know people have told me in the past to just let shit go and I didn't listen, but I'm trying to return the advice here. The advancements in erode have been astronomical over the past year and I'm extremely happy with the current state that erode is in right now. Last year was up and down and I didn't enjoy the erode, but you kept your head down and kept working hard despite what people like me were bitching about and here we are coming into 2019 and erode is in a really good spot. I'd just ignore these noobs complaining about erode and focus on the constructive criticism that the racers who are actually racing every week and relevant in the community are saying.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Ddavis wrote:
checkerz wrote:long post
Honestly Chris, I know people have told me in the past to just let shit go and I didn't listen, but I'm trying to return the advice here. The advancements in erode have been astronomical over the past year and I'm extremely happy with the current state that erode is in right now. Last year was up and down and I didn't enjoy the erode, but you kept your head down and kept working hard despite what people like me were bitching about and here we are coming into 2019 and erode is in a really good spot. I'd just ignore these noobs complaining about erode and focus on the constructive criticism that the racers who are actually racing every week and relevant in the community are saying.
He's so out to lunch it actually didn't bother me, and I enjoyed making sure he knows that he sounds like a tool.

And I am very, very aware of how good erode has gotten, and this guy clearly hasn't played the new stuff; so not really offended at this point.

Thanks for looking out though and the kind words on erode too.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Phathry25 wrote:
checkerz wrote:If you could learn the erode settings, you could do this easily.

Good luck, have fun.

WWDJD?
Like this?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=51084#p847955
HotFootSteel
Team: Privateer

Post by HotFootSteel »

checkerz wrote:First off, let me just say you are an absolutely stupid fucking moron who has no clue what he's talking about.
HotFootSteel wrote:-the current erode system does not seem realistic at all
Find me a better/more realistic one?
-does not work on the whole track only corners
Some very strange looking corners in this picture.
-The shape of the ruts that form look and feel nothing like real life
If you had any clue how the game works you'd know it uses displacement maps for terrains (just like MX vs ATV) and with that, there is no way to do "overlapping" terrain. Beyond that, again, there isn't a more realistic system out there that I've found.

-
It feels like the lower terrain tool is attached to the rear tire and the front tire does nothing to the track so its like riding on bumpy cement
If it's just the lower tool, then how is it building up as well?
-FPS goes from 125 to 15 constantly and cause unnecessary contract between riders
Erode has nothing to do with the fact your PC is as big of a piece of trash as you are... as far as "unnecessary contracts", I don't think anyone is signing any contracts in MXS.
-we would probably have a better overall system if the erode system were built today rather than in 2008.
I don't see why it matters when it was made if it were to be made the same regardless?
-comparing 2017 to 2018 traction keeping your momentum is more important on the erode tracks as it seems to be a bit more "slick" feeling
The traction hasn't changed. Your lack of skill and knowledge are coming through again.
-The original version (from way before the current online version) worked by tracking the roost. I think that's why I called it "erode", because the roost was eroding away the dirt. Turns out roost is not the major factor in how a motocross track deforms so it didn't work well at all.(low key admitted you have no clue how dirt works in real life)
You're right, JLV is clueless. Yep...if you change JLV in that sentence to your name, it is a true statement.
-The game tries not to move the ground under your wheels because it makes things inconsistent.(Stupid fuck dont call it a simulator if it does not even simulate how dirt pushes)
Yep, you're still the only stupid fuck here.
- If it didn't do braking bumps I doubt people like HotFootSteel would have cared or even noticed(Has nothing to do with your precious braking bumps, It has every thing to do with the gaming being so shit it cant even simulate how dirt pushes correctly)
With the right settings, it's actually pretty dang accurate in most cases... including actually having braking bumps which no other game is doing.
- I don't have any ideas to further improve the actual deformation(again low key admitted you have no clue how dirt pushes in real life)
No, he's saying the tools are in the toolbox, it just takes someone to put them together correctly to make good settings.
-always had a feeling if the ground moved under you, it could hold you in such "material" as sand and give a nicer feel. As it stands, sim has always felt like hard packed dirt that has varied rates of slipperiness.(JLV READ YOU STUPID FUCK, how many people have to come out and say the game feels fake and does push dirt so its like riding on slippery concrete)
Why so hostile? I think you should not post again until you're off your period.
- There's a reason only Chris and yourself play with the current erode in such depth and no one else
Yes, because dumbass people like yourself would rather just spend time bitching than actually learning and progressing the game.

-
quads suck but this community just assume alot about people they have no idea who they are to talk shit to each other, cool.
This sentence almost made as much sense as you do. What I gather from your PMS, anger, and clear stupidness is that your ride quads.
JLV ignored all these points because he has no idea how to fix the problem, good thing he has aheckman tonging his ass hole and other people trying to fix it for him.
Poor Heckman. More shit gonna be coming out of his mouth than yours. But I don't think you've made a single point other than that you are a couch racing loser with no life or knowledge.

Trash game, trash erode, trash community. like i said there is much better MX games out there but your problem is you wasted so much of your life on this trash game your personally offended not to mention to time it took you to make a comment on each of those points I and other people made. can you even call it erode if the bike does nothing to the track until it already passed the spot? well I guess so if you can call this a simulator.
AHeckman2

Post by AHeckman2 »

Wait a minute, I didn’t know a bike could affect the track before the bike rode over the track....because you just said that’s how it works :lol:
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

That's not at all what he said Adam. Quick scenario to prove your dumb ass wrong though.

Hard braking in sand, front wheel pushes sand in front of it before it rolls over it.

Well thought out post kiddo. :roll:
AHeckman2

Post by AHeckman2 »

Phathry25 wrote:That's not at all what he said Adam. Quick scenario to prove your dumb ass wrong though.
Hard braking in sand, front wheel pushes sand in front of it before it rolls over it.
</3
HotFootSteel
Team: Privateer

Post by HotFootSteel »

AHeckman2 wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:That's not at all what he said Adam. Quick scenario to prove your dumb ass wrong though.
</3
Lmao everyone hates this adam heckman kid
AHeckman2

Post by AHeckman2 »

HotFootSteel wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote:
</3
Used it it ;)
AHeckman2

Post by AHeckman2 »

AHeckman2 wrote:
HotFootSteel wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote: </3