Thoughts? Gov. Shutdown

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
christianjonse
Team: Privateer

Thoughts? Gov. Shutdown

Post by christianjonse »

Have friends that work for the gov. And not gettin paid. Any thoughts about this whole crap goin on?
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Thoughts? Gov. Shutdown

Post by Phathry25 »

Don't work for the government.
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

Phathry25 wrote:Don't work for the government.
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

What's up, fill me in.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Wahlamt wrote:What's up, fill me in.
Our government can't agree on budgets for border security, due to two words "physical barrier". The current admin and republicans are requesting 5.7 billion for border security, which includes a large border wall (or expansion thereof, not a full coast to coast wall).

Democrats positions are to have open borders (for the most part), lacked immigration laws, path to citizenship, and a physical barrier is ineffective, immoral, and racist. They advocate for an increase in technology for border security, and say a wall is not only inhumane but out dated.

Republicans positions are exactly as you would think, the complete opposite on all fronts.

Now it's just a political shit throwing storm. Dems don't want the Trump Administration to win and get their "wall" promise, therefore blaming this shutdown on him. Trump is blaming the dems for their inaction and reluctance to negotiate/work. The administration is pressuring the Democrats with the claims they do not care about border security and do not want to work while people aren't paid, and the dems are pressuring the administration with throwing a temper tantrum and shutting the govt down, thus not carry about peoples pay.

Long story short, don't work for the government in a non-essential capacity.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Before...
Donald Trump wrote:"I'll totally own this." "If we don't get what we want, one way or the other ... I will shut down the government. Absolutely," he said. "I am proud to shut down the government for border security.".
After...
Donald Trump wrote:"It's totally the democrats fault"
Fucking tool.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Perspective Havoc.

Others could see it as him saying he would do it, dems knew this yet failed to make any attempt in negotiation or reason, so Trump follows through as promised. Seems that blame is on dems.

No different when Obama did it... its all their problem really.
christianjonse
Team: Privateer

Post by christianjonse »

I think it’s dumb he needs to figure out that Mexico isn’t gonna pay for that wall of his. People are losing homes, can’t pay bills, etc. this is the longest shut down in history and it still shut down. About to go into another civil war or another great drepression.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

christianjonse wrote:About to go into another civil war
Wouldn't last long. Considering one side is anti-gun and doesn't own any, and one side is literally stockpiling in case the other tries to take them. I see CW2 lasting maybe 2-3 months.
christianjonse wrote:another great drepression.
The economy is thriving right now.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:After...
Donald Trump wrote:"It's totally the democrats fault"
Trump offered a plan to appease DACA which the democrats rejected. Which flipped the narrative 100% from wanting something for DACA, to hating Trump. The democrats only want the wall not to get funded because Trump suggested it. Being as most democrats were for border security under Obama.

The US budget is $4.407 trillion. He's asking for $5.7 billion for better borders. 0.129% of our budget for better border security. Not to mention it will create jobs by building sections of the wall that need to be built, and adding more border patrol jobs to protect high traffic areas.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

DBRider251 wrote:The democrats only want the wall not to get funded because Trump suggested it. Being as most democrats were for border security under Obama.
Border security != expensive wall. There are plenty of things we could be shoving money towards as a country that would actually help people.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Politics is only an echo chamber of what you believe. I have never seen a discussion where at the end of it someone goes "Oh, I see your valid points and thanks for listening to mine."

The stance on the wall is that its primitive and using technology in hot spots would be better suited than an end to end fence. In every offer turned down by mitch there has been wall money it's just not the number they want.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

KTM57 wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:The democrats only want the wall not to get funded because Trump suggested it. Being as most democrats were for border security under Obama.
Border security != expensive wall. There are plenty of things we could be shoving money towards as a country that would actually help people.
Do we though? If we took that 5.7 billion and put it to better the nation, then I'd be all for it. It's squandered in Washington and ends up in politicians pockets. Too bad our country will never do it.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Good thing we have AOC and her new tax policy will fix all that. Right?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

KTM57 wrote:There are plenty of things we could be shoving money towards as a country
I could think of a few out-of-work government employees who could use a paycheck or two of back pay right now to prevent foreclosures, loan defaults and eviction notices for starters. Let's get that giant wall along Canada's border first to stop all the radical Islamic terrorists that certainly pour across that border from the Muslim-Rich big cities in Canada.

Fucking tool. Not you August
ColtHans wrote:
model_90 wrote:
So, if a mountain lost a flank and the landslide wipes out your entire existence, just tell the surviving family members that you shouldn't have lived in a valley?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.