*Foggy Valley MX*

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

*Foggy Valley MX*

Post by Mittocs »

Here is the new track! My best one yet by far. ENJOY!

http://www.puremxs.com/Tracks/TrackView ... rackID=110

Thanks to:

Ottowa: for the textures and shading.
ddmx: for the track map and really helpful tips.
everyone else: for beta testing
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!
brasher454
Team: Privateer

Re: *Foggy Valley MX*

Post by brasher454 »

freakon awsome! thanks
brent26
Team: OverTheEdge

Post by brent26 »

Good job mittocs! :D
sam-brinkley
Team: Pro Privateer

Post by sam-brinkley »

Good job but what made me feel wierd is that there is a texture of dirt called "PENIS" ?? lol whats the deal :)
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

My puremxs review

Disp: good, fun, built pretty well, pretty realistic
Texs: plain, only 2 decals looks like, shading x2 good attempt but not great
Objects: some tires, a stock finish line thing, some billboard trees
Environment: no flaggers, no finish guy, some trees
Realism: didn't feel real at all
Fun Factor: very fun track albeit the other factors
overall rating 2.3/5

This is your what, 4th track? You need to put more time into it. The contest tracks set new standards both visually and gameplay wise. A simple track like this is no longer going to get good reviews in my book. You need to spend more time on decals, take the time to make an environment, and place more objects, there are plenty of public ones available. I hate to be the one to tell it like it is, but if I don't, it doesn't look like the other guys are.
Mittocs

Post by Mittocs »

Looks like this will be my last track then. I could have placed objects everywhere if I wanted to but I was going for this kind of feel. I don't have photoshop nor do I have any knowledge of creating custom objects or anything else for that matter. I guess I am sh*t out of luck. Thanks for opening my eyes.

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

dalboy06

Post by dalboy06 »

i think mittocs simply likes to create circuits he believes are fun to ride and look well graded, nice track mittocs keep em coming :)
533#Image
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

ddmx488 wrote:My puremxs review

Disp: good, fun, built pretty well, pretty realistic
Texs: plain, only 2 decals looks like, shading x2 good attempt but not great
Objects: some tires, a stock finish line thing, some billboard trees
Environment: no flaggers, no finish guy, some trees
Realism: didn't feel real at all
Fun Factor: very fun track albeit the other factors
overall rating 2.3/5

This is your what, 4th track? You need to put more time into it. The contest tracks set new standards both visually and gameplay wise. A simple track like this is no longer going to get good reviews in my book. You need to spend more time on decals, take the time to make an environment, and place more objects, there are plenty of public ones available. I hate to be the one to tell it like it is, but if I don't, it doesn't look like the other guys are.
Need to chime in here....

David, We can't treat everyone's track creations with that kind of attitude. Not everyone has 2 months, lots of time, or is getting paid to make a track. It takes the fun out of track making sometimes when there are obligations involved.

Mittocs actually spent quite a while tweaking the track and getting everything how he wants it. The way i look at it, Have fun creating things because you enjoy doing it and want to contribute to the community.

I happen to think the track is pretty realistic. It feels like a tight backyard MX that you or me would build with some shovels or a small bobcat. Its got a feel like its a foggy fall day on the weekend, just chilling out and ripping up the dirt. We have already had some pretty fun sessions on this track as it seems to make for some good, tight online racing.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

What the hell mittocs,we dont want every track realistic or something,and just few guys sometimes do realistic tracks.Everyone love your tracks and tracks is pretty realistic,like real pro rider backyard track or something...
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

You smoking crack DDMX? :lol:

I think this is a great track. The disp is unreal for a 4th track, and for someone still using editor. The textures arent that bad, and are better than a few tracks in the comp. The track altogether is better than a few tracks in the comp.

I say, excellent work Mittocs!
Mittocs

Post by Mittocs »

Thanks DJ! that really means a lot to me. Thanks to everyone else too I really appreciate it!

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Please take as constructively and not, "I hate everything you do, you suck, please quit at life". It's not like that. You make amazing disps, and quite honestly, I wouldn't mind teaming up with you were you would make the disp and I would do everything else. :wink: I just think that with what we saw with some of the contest tracks, and what I know is possible, this track wasn't worthy of the currently 4/5 it had. Just my 2 cents.
staydown
Team: Building Tracks Only

Post by staydown »

Good job, the track rides pretty smooth and it doesn't make me bored. I do see what DDMX means, but we have to remember that alot of the great track makers here have been making tracks for a long time and have evolved with the games progress. I think as a new creator, your skills are improving at more than an acceptable rate. For your next project, try focusing on your textures. Make it a goal to "one up" yourself on every new track you release. I'm looking forward to your work in the future.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

I am also hoping yo will continue creating tracks, because they are really fun and the most realistic to me.Joe Supercross wa amazingly fun and is now in the video contest thing.I think only more great things can come from you mitocs. :mrgreen:
DJD

Post by DJD »

Fun Little track mittocs, nice work.

Yeah, the decals are plain and not much variety, but you were going for the practice track look anyway.

I love the roost! Nice atmosphere too. :wink: