2019-01-26 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2019-01-26 snapshot

Post by jlv »

Hm. Even though I only mentioned Nvidia, the code for the dedicated graphics override was for both brands:

Code: Select all

// http://developer.download.nvidia.com/devzone/devcenter/gamegraphics/files/OptimusRenderingPolicies.pdf
  __declspec(dllexport) DWORD NvOptimusEnablement = 0x00000001;
  // http://developer.amd.com/community/blog/2015/10/02/amd-enduro-system-for-developers/
  __declspec(dllexport) int AmdPowerXpressRequestHighPerformance = 1;
I wonder if that might be the problem. Is there any chance your integrated graphics is actually faster than your card?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
K-Xtreme
Team: Privateer

Post by K-Xtreme »

jlv wrote:Hm. Even though I only mentioned Nvidia, the code for the dedicated graphics override was for both brands:

// http://developer.download.nvidia.com/devzone/devcenter/gamegraphics/files/OptimusRenderingPolicies.pdf
  // http://developer.amd.com/community/blog/2015/10/02/amd-enduro-system-for-developers/
I wonder if that might be the problem. Is there any chance your integrated graphics is actually faster than your card?
My card is definitely faster: Rog Strix RX580 8GB 1400Mhz.

What 2015/10/02/amd-enduro-system-for-developers/ is for ? maybe the 2015 version is too old ?!? I don't know, I'm guessing because I don't a thing in software programming. but if you want me to find info about my setup or performance I can!
K-Xtreme

Post by K-Xtreme »

K-Xtreme wrote:
jlv wrote:Hm. Even though I only mentioned Nvidia, the code for the dedicated graphics override was for both brands:

What 2015/10/02/amd-enduro-system-for-developers/ is for ? maybe the 2015 version is too old ?!? I don't know, I'm guessing because I don't a thing in software programming. but if you want me to find info about my setup or performance I can!
what's the : AmdPowerXpressRequestHightPerformance = 1 ? maybe the number change something ?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

K-Xtreme wrote:
K-Xtreme wrote:

what's the : AmdPowerXpressRequestHightPerformance = 1 ? maybe the number change something ?
It's asking the driver to not switch to the integrated GPU. The two URLs are just comments. They don't have any effect.

I'll try compiling an exe for you without it just in case that's what's causing it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
K-Xtreme

Post by K-Xtreme »

jlv wrote:
K-Xtreme wrote:
K-Xtreme wrote:

It's asking the driver to not switch to the integrated GPU. The two URLs are just comments. They don't have any effect.

I'll try compiling an exe for you without it just in case that's what's causing it.
Great!
Glad to help you JLV
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

K-Xtreme wrote:
jlv wrote:
K-Xtreme wrote:

Great!
Glad to help you JLV
Sorry, forgot to do this yesterday. Is this any better?
http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx-2019-02-04-1446.exe
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
K-Xtreme

Post by K-Xtreme »

jlv wrote:
K-Xtreme wrote:
jlv wrote: It's asking the driver to not switch to the integrated GPU. The two URLs are just comments. They don't have any effect.

Great!
Glad to help you JLV
Sorry, forgot to do this yesterday. Is this any better?
http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx-2019-02-04-1446.exe
Thank you JLV, No problem

unfortunately, it doesn't run any better. :/ On the 2018-02-11-1391 I run between 119 and 125 FPS on 2019 A2 but with the 2019-02-04 I run between 78 and 105 FPS. Both on single player Ultra Low track.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Those tracks have pretty uneven performance so they might not be the best test cases. Do the frames go up when you pause?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
K-Xtreme

Post by K-Xtreme »

jlv wrote:Those tracks have pretty uneven performance so they might not be the best test cases. Do the frames go up when you pause?
IN the last snap you made me yes the frames go back up to 125 in pause.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

K-Xtreme wrote:
jlv wrote:Those tracks have pretty uneven performance so they might not be the best test cases. Do the frames go up when you pause?
You probably just happened to be close enough to one of the objects with the bloated collision files when you tested with the new snapshot. When you're paused it isn't doing the collision check.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
K-Xtreme

Post by K-Xtreme »

jlv wrote:
K-Xtreme wrote:
You probably just happened to be close enough to one of the objects with the bloated collision files when you tested with the new snapshot. When you're paused it isn't doing the collision check.
OK?!
but it does this everywhere on the track!!
Why an old Snap doesn't do this and the latest is that unstable?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Here's the list of snapshot posts.

Does it start at 2018-05-25-1405? I.e. 2018-05-06-1400 is solid but 2018-05-25-1405 isn't?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

A couple of requests for scripting

-Scale billboard
-Get camera location (maybe rotation as well) - this would be useful for optimising rain/snow animations

Regarding custom frames, does unfilled areas just default to black when there's no alpha channel, and fully transparent if there is? Would it be possible to blend 2 textures, e.g. have a textured background, then paste characters with alpha channel over the top?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

DJ99X wrote:Regarding custom frames, does unfilled areas just default to black when there's no alpha channel, and fully transparent if there is? Would it be possible to blend 2 textures, e.g. have a textured background, then paste characters with alpha channel over the top?
It's initialized black and transparent if there's an alpha channel. It does blend since this snapshot.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
K-Xtreme

Post by K-Xtreme »

jlv wrote:Here's the list of snapshot posts.

Does it start at 2018-05-25-1405? I.e. 2018-05-06-1400 is solid but 2018-05-25-1405 isn't?
2018-05-1400 works fine it's from 1405 and latest!