Thoughts? Gov. Shutdown

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Thoughts? Gov. Shutdown

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Mikey wrote:Really, Ted Cruz, that slimy fuckhead. I guess there are halfwits that even vote for dumb cunt Rick Perry.
I'm afraid Mikey's no longer debate club either. So sad! Speaking of which, I had to flip channels to Lifetime after only a couple minutes of the rabble rouser and his typical shameless self-promotion.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

jlv wrote:It would have been a wet dream for small government guys like me!
Kinda one of the main reason's I liked Cruz. Big government =/= better government.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:Another 2 year senator
Would 4 years be better? Honest question, I want to know how long someone should be a national level political member in order to run, in your opinion.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
TeamHavocRacing

I've always said that anyone that ascends beyond city council is already a bought and paid for politician. Just don't expect much from such noobs. They're too pie-in-the-sky. The crushing reality of D.C. politics needs to set in at least 6 years.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

Interesting. So you think Obama wasn’t seasoned enough to be president?

I, personally, don’t like lifetime politicians. I’d like to see a term limit for US Senators and Representatives. Too many people with the same thinking getting elected every year because they don't change anything. Dems and Reps both.

When they get elected, they say they’ll do something different but usually stick to mostly the same plan and don’t help the country any. By no means am I saying we should elect common people to the highest office every 4 years, and I’m not saying Trump is a perfect President either. I just think it’s nice to have someone who hasn’t made their millions off politics have some insight.
TeamHavocRacing

DBRider251 wrote:...they say they’ll do something different...
This has always been the case. Think how we're on the brink of this fabricated "National Emergency" when it was supposed to be paid for by Mexico. What did he say? "I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall." Please re-read this and soak in all of his boasts and claims. It's this kind of thing that a seasoned politician would never consider. What a total about face it has been on his part and he's gonna drag the military into this? Think of the raft of shit a democrat would get for even half of this B.S. Hate to say it, but I can't wait to get back to the old status quo.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Wwwaaahhhh... ORANGE MAN BAD... waaaaahhhhh

Was glad to see Trump addressed the Russia treaty, immigration (of course), abortion, and economy. Wish he could get over this immigration hump, would like to see a focus on addressing this healthcare issue. Maybe it’s a second term issue.
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

While all of you complain about this man, he made a pretty HUGE claim last night. As someone going into the medical field, I want to see this succeed so bad. His plan to eradicate HIV transmission by 2030 is a daunting task that may be almost impossible to accomplish. There are about 40,000 newly diagnosed HIV positive individuals every year and the goal is to reduce this number by 75% over the next 5 years. The goal isn't to cure HIV patients, but to prevent it from being passed on to someone else.

https://www.vox.com/2019/2/5/18210455/s ... hiv-health
TeamHavocRacing

m121c wrote:...second term...
Hello? Vladimir? Could you help me again?
m121c

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
m121c wrote:...second term...
Hello? Vladimir? Could you help me again?
Evidence?
TeamHavocRacing

He's in office.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

That's not evidence lol
TeamHavocRacing

Yeah. What was I thinking? It's not apparent at all. Pshhh. How did I so terribly misinterpret all that's been going on? What a leap that was! When the evidence comes out it's obviously already doubted because of your obvious confirmation bias. Oh yeah, not to mention his continuous attacks on every Institution that would have a case against his campaign, fixers and minions.
Just look at the revolving door they had to install on the White House keep up with turnover. How many people close to him have already been busted and then brushed off as having nothing to do with him or the administration or his campaign? Christ.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

This is where I think I disagree with JLV on CNN pushing Trump. Foolish Dems thought Hillary was a sure thing.

Obviously more Republicans would vote for someone that wasn't their first choice in the primaries than young(er and ish) Dem voters switching to Hillary after she/they fucked Saint Bernard. Plus, anyone with half a brain wasn't buying any of her progressive pandering nonsense.

I don't think Trump needs help from Putin (weather that's true or not) because I imagine the same thing happening in 2020 is higher than anyone lefty would like to admit. Though, Uncle Joe seems more favorable than Hillary? No way they'll allow Saint Bernard go through again.

I guess that's the fun thing about not being American here, it's like following a reality show but actually meaningful :lol:
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I've always said that anyone that ascends beyond city council is already a bought and paid for politician. Just don't expect much from such noobs. They're too pie-in-the-sky. The crushing reality of D.C. politics needs to set in at least 6 years.
You know the answer to that? Raise their salaries. I'm serious. You might not like it but you can't have someone making billion dollar decisions getting a 200k salary. When I hear about politicians being bribed by donations, I'm always amazed not at the corruption but at how small the bribes are. It should cost a *lot* to bribe a senator. We should probably be paying house members at least a million and senators 10 million. It wouldn't even be .1% of the budget. If it saved us from one F-35 level disaster it would pay for itself 100 times over.
Mikey wrote:I guess that's the fun thing about not being American here, it's like following a reality show but actually meaningful :lol:
Sorry. When we can't roll over our bonds we're taking the whole world economy down with us! Would you buy US bonds when the last two presidents financial strategy has been "print money as fast as possible"? Cruz was your only hope Mikey!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
m121c

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Yeah. What was I thinking? It's not apparent at all. Pshhh. How did I so terribly misinterpret all that's been going on? What a leap that was! When the evidence comes out it's obviously already doubted because of your obvious confirmation bias. Oh yeah, not to mention his continuous attacks on every Institution that would have a case against his campaign, fixers and minions.
Just look at the revolving door they had to install on the White House keep up with turnover. How many people close to him have already been busted and then brushed off as having nothing to do with him or the administration or his campaign? Christ.
Come on Havoc... enough of the assumptions, you are portraying a straw man with all of this nonsense.

I won't say he is a clean as a whistle, but neither are any of the politicians, so what is use is crying over it?