decals require original track

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
callmepapi
Team: average boi

decals require original track

Post by callmepapi »

i need help with my decals. im making club mx and its my first track and compound that im planning to release so i stole some good decals from coronet bay and mototech husqvarna compound.

in notepad ++ i go to change the @mototechhusqvarnacompound to @clubmx but when i go in game they dont show up. when i change them back to @mototechhusqvarnacompound they start showing up.

I watched a couple videos from multiple people and they all changed the original track name to their custom track name. What am i missing?

i sent the track to one of my friends and the decals dont show up for him unless he has coronet bay and husky compound in his personal folder.

if anyone could help me that would be great
christianjonse
Team: Privateer

Re: decals require original track

Post by christianjonse »

You have to change the name of the trackfile as well. Everything in notepad++ has to be the same name as the trackfile
ColtonD719
Team: Privateer

Post by ColtonD719 »

It wasn’t clear from your post whether you’ve done this already, but just in case: If you want everything self contained, you also have to make sure that the decals that you are referencing are actually located in your track’s folder.

So if you want to use “cooldirtdecal.png” from huskycompound, make sure you copy the actual png into your clubmx folder.
callmepapi
Team: average boi

Post by callmepapi »

thanks guys i figured it out