Track Uploading Help

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
User avatar
Clummzy32
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:04 pm

Track Uploading Help

Postby Clummzy32 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:19 am

I trying to publish a track to the forums that is originally shredbud, I rebuilt the track and added more tracks onto the map. Apparently, when people download the track the edits do not show up and I'm really confused what's going on with it. I thought I did everything correctly but I'm not too sure anymore.

Anyone had this issue before? Any advice would be very helpful because I'm lost at this point.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

User avatar
AtlasZoor
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:51 am
Team: Atlas Trackworks
Location: Zimbabwe

Re: Track Uploading Help

Postby AtlasZoor » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:16 am

Are you sure you are even uploading the right file? The only way people will be downloading shredbud is if you are uploading the original shredbud.
Image

User avatar
Clummzy32
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:04 pm

Re: Track Uploading Help

Postby Clummzy32 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:47 am

AtlasZoor wrote:Are you sure you are even uploading the right file? The only way people will be downloading shredbud is if you are uploading the original shredbud.

Yeah, I'm sure of it. That's why I'm very confused on what the problem is. When I download the file myself then put it into my game it loads up just fine. It's a weird problem
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

christianjonse
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:36 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Track Uploading Help

Postby christianjonse » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:21 am

Clummzy32 wrote:
AtlasZoor wrote:Are you sure you are even uploading the right file? The only way people will be downloading shredbud is if you are uploading the original shredbud.

Yeah, I'm sure of it. That's why I'm very confused on what the problem is. When I download the file myself then put it into my game it loads up just fine. It's a weird problem

Is the track file named the same as the original shredbud?

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 13459
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Track Uploading Help

Postby jlv » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:01 am

The game saves in "%localappdata%\MX Simulator". To find the correct folder do this:

1. Open a file explorer window.
2. Click in the location bar where it shows the current folder.
3. Type %localappdata% and press enter.
4. Open the "MX Simulator" folder.

You should now see the folder where your changes are.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

User avatar
Clummzy32
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:04 pm

Re: Track Uploading Help

Postby Clummzy32 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:34 am

jlv wrote:The game saves in "%localappdata%\MX Simulator". To find the correct folder do this:

1. Open a file explorer window.
2. Click in the location bar where it shows the current folder.
3. Type %localappdata% and press enter.
4. Open the "MX Simulator" folder.

You should now see the folder where your changes are.


Thank you! I was taking the track file out of my Program files instead of the local data. Makes sense now.
Thank you for all the hard work into this game! :D
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.


Return to “Track Editing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests