2019 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Re: 2019 SX Discussion

Post by 137 »

nickuzick wrote:I was honestly surprised Webb didn’t come in harder. I thought that was the most fair last corner pass in a while. I was still screaming at Webb though
I feel the same, but damn I want Kenny to win so damn bad!!
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Phathry25 wrote:
checkerz wrote:
m121c wrote:
Using your motorcycle as a weapon to intentionally hurt another rider shouldn’t be tolerated, glad it wasn’t. However, the decsion really makes the AMA look poor in the power department given their history on the matter with other incidents.
Yea...when roles were reversed, nothing happened.

Nothing should have been done beyond MAYBE a fine.

https://exhaust.racerxonline.com/2018/0 ... -las-vegas

Let them race.
Are you high?
Nah, not my thing. Not drunk either before you ask. In recent memory, I can only think of two riders who have hurt someone with aggressive passes...Barcia twice (Bowers leg and Deans shoulder) and Craig on AMart. None of those that actually resulted in injury were given a DQ or points penalty... but this does?

In 450 SX Bowers doesn’t have half the track record of Barcia either.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Didn't Mike Alessi's legendary drill job on Broc Tickle hit hard enough to injure him?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Didn't Mike Alessi's legendary drill job on Broc Tickle hit hard enough to injure him?
Pretty sure Tickle missed a couple races after that
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

DBRider251 wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:Didn't Mike Alessi's legendary drill job on Broc Tickle hit hard enough to injure him?
Pretty sure Tickle missed a couple races after that
No. Tickle finished 7th in the main that night and Alessi 6th. Alessi was not DQ’d either - $4000 fine and probation. And do we all agree his move was far worse? The inconsistency is the issue.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Last corner, last lap, for a main win. Im sorry but I think anything goes. I wanted Roczen to win but Coop rode amazing
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Alessi clearly should have been DQed back then, too. Bowers hasn't even been smart enough to act like it was an accident or more than aggressive than he intended. He wasn't even turning, and he accelerated directly into the apex of the corner. There are questionably aggressive moves, and there are punts.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I liked Webb's nose wheelie running it in on Musquin. That was intense!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

KTM57 wrote:Alessi clearly should have been DQed back then, too. Bowers hasn't even been smart enough to act like it was an accident or more than aggressive than he intended. He wasn't even turning, and he accelerated directly into the apex of the corner. There are questionably aggressive moves, and there are punts.
But he wasn't. And Barcia definitely should have been DQed a few times then too by those standards. But nothing.

The inconsistency is the problem. Bowers didn't cross a line that isn't often crossed, he just suffered penalty for it.

Gallagher has been fucking up calls since the early 2000's when he was the AX referee so this is nothing new.
m121c

Post by m121c »

checkerz wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:
checkerz wrote:
Yea...when roles were reversed, nothing happened.

Nothing should have been done beyond MAYBE a fine.

https://exhaust.racerxonline.com/2018/0 ... -las-vegas

Let them race.
Are you high?
Nah, not my thing. Not drunk either before you ask. In recent memory, I can only think of two riders who have hurt someone with aggressive passes...Barcia twice (Bowers leg and Deans shoulder) and Craig on AMart. None of those that actually resulted in injury were given a DQ or points penalty... but this does?

In 450 SX Bowers doesn’t have half the track record of Barcia either.
Wasn’t the Deano one due to ET way back on 250s?

I see the Barcia vs Bowers Vegas incident different being that Barcia turned and slowed down, he didn’t put his front tire square into Bowers leg trying to take him down (and him) in the process. Dirty yes, unfortunate as well for Bowers getting his leg caught between the frames.

I don’t really like either of them to be clear, and Bowers has a point about the decsion making not being worth a damn. However, if you want the AMA to start drawing a line, they have to start with someone, Bowers is that someone. You can’t point fingers or reference the past and want the AMA to start making these decsions better, and then cry when they start to because it starts with you.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Agreed. Regardless of any call made in the past, malicious targeting of another rider should never be allowed. So long as a new precedent is set regarding safety of riders, I'm not concerned with whether or not this is inconsistent with a previously terrible choice not to DQ Alessi. If someone punts another racer MXS-style next week and doesn't get DQed, then I'll join you in complaining about consistency.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Webb was nice last turn, Roczen should have expected it, cutting down super low... Still glad to see him playing it smart and seemingly getting a full season together.

What happened to the wildness of the early 2000's? Team managers fighting and screaming, riders taking each other out with intentions. Motocross is almost acting like it wants to be politically correct!
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Racers52 wrote:Last corner, last lap, for a main win. Im sorry but I think anything goes. I wanted Roczen to win but Coop rode amazing
That was fine. The issue is with Bowers being DQed from LCQ being inconsistent.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Hands down, the best part of the broadcast was that footage of the drunk dude screaming at his television watching last week's race. Also, Ricky telling Ralph "you gotta stop, dude."
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

KTM57 wrote:Ricky telling Ralph "you gotta stop, dude."
what was the context? i missed that.
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!