2019-02-20 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2019-02-20 snapshot

Post by jlv »

willyt366 wrote:Anyone created a track yet with sounds thats ready to DL? Id love to hear the sounds in the game but not too experienced in Java
Just a nitpick - the game's new scripting system is in Javascript. Java is a different language.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote:
willyt366 wrote:Anyone created a track yet with sounds thats ready to DL? Id love to hear the sounds in the game but not too experienced in Java
Java is a different language.
Shhh, don't spill the beans.

Seriously though, I wonder how common of a misconception Java - Javascript is 8)
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Some more requests:

-Get tile index from x,z location
-Get bike wheel data (e.g. whether it's contacting ground, slip velocity, absolute velocity). Whatever data is readily available really.

Both of those are mainly for doing ground related sounds, but there's potentially other applications they would be useful for.
christianjonse
Team: Privateer

Post by christianjonse »

Rider animations would be awesome, can JavaScript do animations for riders?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

christianjonse wrote:Rider animations would be awesome, can JavaScript do animations for riders?
Not sure if I'd want to use it for that or not. There'd still need to be code to make it work online.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
christianjonse

Post by christianjonse »

jlv wrote:
christianjonse wrote:Rider animations would be awesome, can JavaScript do animations for riders?
Not sure if I'd want to use it for that or not. There'd still need to be code to make it work online.
Hope to see something in the feature like a tear offs feature. You the man jlv
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Trying to figure out how you mapped the coordinates of the numbers/letters on that scoring tower.

Code: Select all

xoffset: 0,
yoffset: 0,
xscale: 1,
yscale: .25,
width: 1024,
height: 256,
line_height: 64,
overlap: 8,
coords: [ [ 0, 0, 24 ], [ 24, 0, 32 ], [ 56, 0, 48 ], [ 104, 0, 40 ]
What I think I understand is for example, [24, 0, 32] means it makes a cell starting at 24, the top is set at 0, and the other edge is at 32. The cell's height is determined by the line_height: 64, so the box is 64 pixels in height. Is that right?

When I try to reference these points on the scoreboardstuff image, I can't seem to get any of them to match up. I'm assuming it has to do with the X & Y scales. Not sure what overlap or offset numbers do. I was assuming the width and height was the dimensions of the texture, but they are way different.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

aeffertz wrote:Trying to figure out how you mapped the coordinates of the numbers/letters on that scoring tower.

Code: Select all

xoffset: 0,
yoffset: 0,
xscale: 1,
yscale: .25,
width: 1024,
height: 256,
line_height: 64,
overlap: 8,
coords: [ [ 0, 0, 24 ], [ 24, 0, 32 ], [ 56, 0, 48 ], [ 104, 0, 40 ]
What I think I understand is for example, [24, 0, 32] means it makes a cell starting at 24, the top is set at 0, and the other edge is at 32. The cell's height is determined by the line_height: 64, so the box is 64 pixels in height. Is that right?

When I try to reference these points on the scoreboardstuff image, I can't seem to get any of them to match up. I'm assuming it has to do with the X & Y scales. Not sure what overlap or offset numbers do. I was assuming the width and height was the dimensions of the texture, but they are way different.
It's kind of a mess. The width, height, line_height and coords are generated by a shell script I wrote for chopping up a font and rearranging the cells to fit in different dimensions. The pixel units refer to an intermediate image when the font was created. It'd be better if the coords values were all pre-divided by width or height so it wouldn't be in such random units, but I was trying to avoid doing any more math than I had to in the shell script.

If you want to try to re-use those fonts, don't change anything but the offset, scale or overlap values. If you change the size of the font, you have to change the scale value to reflect that. The yscale of .25 in the scoretower font is because it has been scaled down to 1/4 of the full height of the texture.

The offset values let you change the position of the font in the texture. If you moved the font down so it starts at the middle of the texture you'd use .5 as the yoffset value.

The overlap value sets how far it spaces the characters apart.

I still have the shell script so if you want it let me know. I could also generate a new font image if you want a different aspect ratio or resolution. The scoretower is a really tall aspect ratio so that particular font image is kind of specialized for that usage.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
fuzzynachos10

Post by fuzzynachos10 »

i downloaded and followed a tutorial on youtube but i cant play online i dont know want im ment to do
:D :D
Jannikmx15
Team: JIBR.CO

Post by Jannikmx15 »

jlv wrote:
aeffertz wrote:I can't figure out how to save or convert audio to a .sw file.
Just export as mono 16 bit signed PCM with no header. You can definitely do that in Audacity.
When I export it as "Signed 16-bit PCM" the only headerless option I have is "RAW (headerless)". Please someone show me how to get it to .sw.
(this is in Audacity)
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Jannikmx15 wrote:
jlv wrote:
Just export as mono 16 bit signed PCM with no header. You can definitely do that in Audacity.
When I export it as "Signed 16-bit PCM" the only headerless option I have is "RAW (headerless)". Please someone show me how to get it to .sw.
(this is in Audacity)
.raw and .wav files work. Son't bother trying to convert it to sw.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Jannikmx15 wrote:
jlv wrote:
(this is in Audacity)
That's just a filename extension. As long as the file itself is 16 bit signed samples with no header it'll be fine. If you like you can rename it from .raw to .sw if you want the filename to indicate what kind of data it contains.
aeffertz wrote:.raw and .wav files work. Son't bother trying to convert it to sw.
.wav has a header so you definitely don't want that. If you hear a little click of noise at the beginning of the patch you're hearing the header getting played as if it was sound data.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com