2019 Indy Kickstart: Something New

Post your screenshots and videos here
model_90
Team: Heemlock

2019 Indy Kickstart: Something New

Post by model_90 »

Im gonna try something new this week and let jesus take the wheel on this round's litkit winner. Each candidate had a really fire setup so I thought it might be fair to let you (the community) vote on this rounds litkit winner. Didnt have as many pics this week as I was busy being intoxicated at indy and Nick had lots of work so plz enjoy what you guys get this week. As always feedback is appreicated.
Link to the discord: https://discord.gg/fnfjqx6

AND YOUR CANDIDATES FOR INDY SX LITKIT OF THE WEEK IS:
Tyler Lang, all white katoom with pink and white gear to match

Dcope, Smexy TBT Ansr gear with a LE Graphics Kit to match

The heavy hitter of the week Jeremy Cohenhour, Classic Historical legendary priceless Stewbra gear....nuff said
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
model_90

Re: 2019 Indy Kickstart: Something New

Post by model_90 »

My goal is to have you the community vote in the discord.
beast 519
Team: RIDE365.com

Post by beast 519 »

Such sick stuff week in and week out... Keep plugging along kickstart crew!
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Oh dick! I made another one!!
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

Stellar work as always :!: :mrgreen:
InfernalKerr77
Team: Jack Daniel's Racing

Post by InfernalKerr77 »

i think it is really awesome every time you do it, but i mean, is it difficult to look over the captions? not the best grammar, or spelling.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

InfernalKerr77 wrote:i think it is really awesome every time you do it, but i mean, is it difficult to look over the captions? not the best grammar, or spelling.
I agree with this, try to use less acronyms and make it more "professional." Kind of like how you would see in a magazine.
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

InfernalKerr77 wrote:i think it is really awesome every time you do it, but i mean, is it difficult to look over the captions? not the best grammar, or spelling.
That’s the point. They aren’t supposed to be professional magazine articles. Spelling is usually on point with Matt.
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
I agree with this, try to use less acronyms and make it more "professional." Kind of like how you would see in a magazine.
I’ll repeat! Kickstarts aren’t supposed to be like a magazine article
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

MOTOZ293 wrote:
Jakob Hubbard wrote:
To be fair I did say this before you replied so you saying this twice is insignificant. But I would think it would be cool if it was more magazine like. Just my opinion.
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
MOTOZ293 wrote:
Jakob Hubbard wrote: I agree with this, try to use less acronyms and make it more "professional." Kind of like how you would see in a magazine.
To be fair I did say this before you replied so you saying this twice is insignificant. But I would think it would be cool if it was more magazine like. Just my opinion.
That’s why him and Braden are doing the how was your weekend. Those are more “professional” format
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

MOTOZ293 wrote:That’s why him and Braden are doing the how was your weekend. Those are more “professional” format
Just my opinion, I'm not going to stop reading these anyways. I really enjoy reading them, and am in no way saying it's bad to have a not-so-serious tone. People will disagree with me, but that's ok. They can keep doing what they're doing because it works.
InfernalKerr77
Team: Jack Daniel's Racing

Post by InfernalKerr77 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:
That’s the point. They aren’t supposed to be professional magazine articles. Spelling is usually on point with Matt.
yes ok. but still, that spelling mistakes don't make it look like he is doing it on purpose. It looks like he is actually making a mistake by accident. Like him saying 'Justy' doesn't look like he did it on purpose. I can get the 'Forker' instead of 'Forkner' as a joke, but still. just my opinion
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Honestly... I think whoever this #111 is should get the lit kit award 8)
model_90

Post by model_90 »

To address all the grammar nazis,
I use acronyms in my descriptions on purpose so as to project a more casual tone with my writing, I feel like the "magazine" style writing your referring to is more of the stat-vomiting robot voice that I see whenever I read something like race recaps on RacerX. I've been reading swaps "kickstarts" for years and they always have a more casual tone to them. Yes he does recap the race but he does it in a way that sounds like his opinion/take which is what I aim for.

And for all the grammar mistakes, I am sorry but I'm only human and all of my english professors never gave a shit about little grammar mistakes, it's the content or message you are projecting that matters. Little grammar mistakes are something that the nitpickers will look for.

I always make it a point to explain to all my writers that I don't want them to think of this as a race recap, I would prefer them to voice their opinion thru their writing of the descriptions. I make sure that I allow them to develop their own unique style and voice thru the descriptions of each racer they write about. If that entails calling them nicknames,poking fun at them or just pointing out some dumb mistakes they might make over the weekend so be it.

This was never meant to be a serious weekly post thing and I honestly never pictured it getting to this level of quality,this is meant to be a fun and productive way for me to give my take on the weeks races, and sh*t-talk some people like Matthes does. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: