POVRay exporting as png's?

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
D_ROY178

POVRay exporting as png's?

Post by D_ROY178 »

Trying to make shadow maps, how do I change the output file type to a bitmap (.bmp) insted of a png (.png)??
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Re: POVRay exporting as png's?

Post by Sandhapper »

2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Save as .pgm in photoshop. It's the ppm, pgm etc option. You'll have to enter .pgm yourself as it will suggest .ppm I think.
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

Wahlamt wrote:Save as .pgm in photoshop. It's the ppm, pgm etc option. You'll have to enter .pgm yourself as it will suggest .ppm I think.
I was having trouble with getting read errors in game when I did that, at the time I thought it was a problem with povray exporting pngs instead of bmp, but I think I was me not rescaling the file before exporting from photoshop lmao.

I took the long way round and installed version 3.6 which exports them as bmp by default, since I couldn’t figure out how to place that code into povray that changes the output file type.

But thanks anyway :)
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

next to the output resolution in POV-RAY, there will be a clear white box, before running a render put "output_file_type=s" in that box and the render will save as a bmp. at which point you need to then open it in Photoshop and follow the step that are in this forum post;

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6371&hilit=rendering+shadows