2019-03-20 snapshot (Updated)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
lukas_reagan

Re: 2019-03-20 snapshot

Post by lukas_reagan »

come on jlv its not april fools yet
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

First post updated.
Phathry25 wrote:What's this projected slip business?
It's for modeling deep heavy materials. It makes the effective slip speed dependent on the direction the wheel is moving. If the slip is with the motion, the speed will be positive otherwise it'll be negative. This lets you ramp up the friction way sooner for braking and turning without affecting acceleration. The idea is if the slip is with the motion, it's moving material and should ramp up. If it's against it, it's not moving material and should ramp down if anything.

If you use something like this the bike will handle like a jet ski:

friction 0.8 -1.0
friction 1.0 -0.5
friction 1.0 1.0
friction 1.5 1.5
slip_function 2
Jeremy150 wrote:I'm assuming that now that the slip speed is calculated differently, our current setting is going to be way off. That's what is probably giving that "sand" feel.
It had a bug where it was using a slip speed of 0 to terminate the list. Originally if there was an entry with a speed of 0 it would change it to slightly more than 0, but with the projected slip thing slip speeds at or below 0 make sense, so I allowed 0 but forgot to fix the list terminator value which made it terminate at the first entry if you used 0 for the slip speed.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

KaseoDip wrote:
Atom6246 wrote:video
LOL
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

jlv wrote:First post updated.
Phathry25 wrote:What's this projected slip business?
It's for modeling deep heavy materials. It makes the effective slip speed dependent on the direction the wheel is moving. If the slip is with the motion, the speed will be positive otherwise it'll be negative. This lets you ramp up the friction way sooner for braking and turning without affecting acceleration. The idea is if the slip is with the motion, it's moving material and should ramp up. If it's against it, it's not moving material and should ramp down if anything.

If you use something like this the bike will handle like a jet ski:

friction 0.8 -1.0
friction 1.0 -0.5
friction 1.0 1.0
friction 1.5 1.5
slip_function 2
Jeremy150 wrote:I'm assuming that now that the slip speed is calculated differently, our current setting is going to be way off. That's what is probably giving that "sand" feel.
It had a bug where it was using a slip speed of 0 to terminate the list. Originally if there was an entry with a speed of 0 it would change it to slightly more than 0, but with the projected slip thing slip speeds at or below 0 make sense, so I allowed 0 but forgot to fix the list terminator value which made it terminate at the first entry if you used 0 for the slip speed.
In stoopid head terms how does this all affect gameplay cuz all these big words are scaring me
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
C.Blakita919
Crushed Dissenter
Team: DeCal Works

Re: 2019-03-20 snapshot (Updated)

Post by C.Blakita919 »

How about just add some damn traction...
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

C.Blakita919 wrote:How about just add some damn traction...
Ya JLV just add mx.add_traction...
:roll:
Ripping_reckless

Post by Ripping_reckless »

i switched to this one on 19 seattle and back to the last one and there is slight traction differences i noticed atleast the newer one feels alot like ice compared to the other one where i dont even lose traction maybe its just me idk
C.Blakita919
Crushed Dissenter
Team: DeCal Works

Post by C.Blakita919 »

Jeremy150 wrote:
Ya JLV just add mx.add_traction...
:roll:
You can lower the traction pretty easy it seems like just do the opposite please
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

What do you mean? Tracks can already use Velcro traction if they want. But no one wants that because it's boring and unrealistic. If you mean "conditionally add traction for deeper feeling dirt without being too grabby" I think you'll find this change allows tracks to do exactly that.
Ripping_reckless wrote:i switched to this one on 19 seattle and back to the last one and there is slight traction differences i noticed atleast the newer one feels alot like ice compared to the other one where i dont even lose traction maybe its just me idk
The updated version using the default "slip_function 0" should have the exact same traction as the pre-2019-03-20 versions. If you're sure it's different I can check for bugs but I think it's probably just placebo effect.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

Ever since this update I keep getting disconnected from elsinore 01 with like 20 guys when it restarts and it says mx.exe has stopped working... have had no issues racing 40 man gates in the past on solid graphic settings
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol:
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Snopro704 wrote:Ever since this update I keep getting disconnected from elsinore 01 with like 20 guys when it restarts and it says mx.exe has stopped working... have had no issues racing 40 man gates in the past on solid graphic settings
I got a crash too. Looking into it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

Well im glad it wasnt in my head like i assumed, downloaded the snapshot the day after the race and played seattle and it just felt so different i thought i lost all skill overnight :lol:
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

jlv wrote:
Snopro704 wrote:Ever since this update I keep getting disconnected from elsinore 01 with like 20 guys when it restarts and it says mx.exe has stopped working... have had no issues racing 40 man gates in the past on solid graphic settings
I got a crash too. Looking into it.
Looks like it's Jake Kazarian's fault! Just kidding, but there's a file named "~Privateer Kazarian SX Setup~" that triggers it. The ~ character sorts last which exposed a bug in my file search function. If it fails to find a file that would have been last in the file list it goes off the end and crashes. You can work around it for now by creating a file named "~~~~~~~~" in your install or personal folder. I'll have a true fix posted soon.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

hella lag when loading the results or chat tonight. games fine until the leader crosses the line and then all hell breaks loose for a couple seconds. same when i press t to bring up the chat.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Phathry25 wrote:hella lag when loading the results or chat tonight. games fine until the leader crosses the line and then all hell breaks loose for a couple seconds. same when i press t to bring up the chat.
Might be something in the track script. Does it happen in a demo replay?

I wouldn't expect it to affect the chat though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com