R.I.P. Mx Simulator

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Sendaaja
Team: Privateer

R.I.P. Mx Simulator

Post by Sendaaja »

Sup.

I'm a goon from Finland, and I've been playing since 2009. I went under the name of Kembo back in the days. I remember how and why I got into playing MXS over every other motocross game that was out there at that time; It was the hardest game I had ever played, and my competitive nature made me want to learn it and at least get decent playing it. After that, the first crush with the game, I fell in love with the community. Laid back guys, lots of players, talented MF'ers making awesome, yet free content. I couldn't believe it. Heck, back in the days, you connected into 00 on a Saturday evening and had a sick battle with 20 guys. Then some random guy send you a new custom model over Skype, told you how to use it and how to modify it, and you were pumped. Then I went on a 4 year hiatus from the game, and got busy with other stuff in life.

I got back playing the game couple months ago. These days, there is not stuff like that. No full servers, no sick battles. There is maximum of 15 players on a server on a very good day, using their full real names as their in game names and having a fancy "team" name after that. There are licences, there is unnecessary shit. Alright, I get it - E-sports are huge these days. (And kinda cool) But guys are selling 150$ rider models these days? I get it, it's a lot of work, but I'd rather break steaming hot light bulbs with my asshole than pay 150$ for a rider model. What on earth is going on here? I've never heard of a game that has such outrageous prices for something that is created within a community. (By a very, very talented individuals of course.) I don't know how much money are those big names making with stuff like that these days, but in my opinion, it just sucks to see stuff like that. The innocence of the game is long gone, and now it's full of guys that are either too serious about it or trying to make money off of it. I'd imagine there is no free content at all in a year or two. How is that going to work in a such a niche game like MXS?

I don't know, I guess I'm just getting old and I'm pissed about things that are changing. I'm still having a lot of fun playing the game, but it's weird. What do you guys think about the state of the game? Good, bad or what?
Lewis Lynds

Re: R.I.P. Mx Simulator

Post by Lewis Lynds »

What rider model costs $150?
Sendaaja

Post by Sendaaja »

Lewis Lynds wrote:What rider model costs $150?

I
willyt366
Team: TTT Racing

Post by willyt366 »

+1
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Sendaaja wrote:

I
Nothing in the real world is free, only way to have great content is to pay the price and honestly I dont see anything wrong with that.

I mean, lets look at how paid content has advanced this game despite community push back.

I couldnt even find a screenshot of a decent track from 2008-12.

Lewis Lynds

Post by Lewis Lynds »

Sendaaja wrote:

I
The price was lowered to $40 for boots and rider model (psd as well as blend) about a week after it was released.

nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

To your point on empty servers, the ability to easily buy a private server has really killed JLV's public ones. Personally, if I'm just spinning laps with my brother I would prefer to use my own rather then a public one. Not that it's a bad thing though.
yFMX

Post by yFMX »

Racers52 wrote:Nothing in the real world is free, only way to have great content is to pay the price and honestly I dont see anything wrong with that.

I mean, lets look at how paid content has advanced this game despite community push back.
Are you really comparing 2019 stuff with tracks and models from 10 years ago and saying they're better because it's paid content? That's ridiculous.
It's just that the tools and skills of the creators have gotten better in the last 10 years. If you compare the original MVA with MXGP, it's night and day and they're both paid content.

And MXS still looks like it's from 2012, paid content or not.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Racers52 wrote:I couldnt even find a screenshot of a decent track from 2008-12.
:cry: :cry: How about the old Stewart compound, or Avalon? :shock:
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

yFMX wrote:
Racers52 wrote:Nothing in the real world is free, only way to have great content is to pay the price and honestly I dont see anything wrong with that.

Are you really comparing 2019 stuff with tracks and models from 10 years ago and saying they're better because it's paid content? That's ridiculous.
It's just that the tools and skills of the creators have gotten better in the last 10 years. If you compare the original MVA with MXGP, it's night and day and they're both paid content.

I agree, the tools and skills have gotten alot better but from my experiences paid content is usually higher quality than free content.

Considering the nature of the community, the only positive incentive to making a high quality model for this game is some side money and I cant blame anyone for that.
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

yFMX wrote:

This!
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

I got into the game in 2014 and all I ever did within it was play on the 03 sx server and get hyped over a top 10. I feel like right around that time is when the game started dipping hard, so I never really got to experience this game in it's "glory days"
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
yFMX

Post by yFMX »

Racers52 wrote:Considering the nature of the community, the only positive incentive to making a high quality model for this game is some side money and I cant blame anyone for that.
Eventhough I don't like the paid content aspect (except championships entry fees to pay for server and prices which I think is fair), I can't really blame the creators when there are people willing to pay for the content. I'm blaming those people more than the creators for the situation the community is in now.
808 wrote:I got into the game in 2014 and all I ever did within it was play on the 03 sx server and get hyped over a top 10. I feel like right around that time is when the game started dipping hard, so I never really got to experience this game in it's "glory days"
I don't know if the game game started dipping hard in 2014 but I stopped enjoying big races around 2011-12. It seemed like with rF coming, the fun kind of went away. That and that I got punted like 5 times in the first heat of the first race in 2011 (I think) :lol:

I think rF is the best and worst thing that as happen to MXS at the same time.
It's the best because it grew the game a lot imo but it's also the worst because it made the community lazy. People now have something around 40 quality tracks every year whereas before rF, the only times you could get a bunch of quality tracks were after track contests. So if you wanted something, you pretty much had to do it. Now people are just waiting for rF tracks and throw money at the creators to make them gears and bikes which is fine until there's no free quality content.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Wilson's Honda was free. So many quality creations are free. Laziness and mommy's credit card are equally to blame. Not to mention how entitlement has sunken into the community. It seems now creators and hosts tend to focus on negativity like "track is aids" and "game is broken" and "sim is dead". I think new life has been breathed into the game with the scripting and ambient sounds. Just focus on the praise, ignore the little pricks and forge ahead! Excelsior!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Uollie

Post by Uollie »

I definitely miss when elsinore servers were always active. I always jumped in and did the quick 8 lap sx races for hours every day. I don't even know what servers anyone plays on now if at all. The range of skill between everyone was huge between complete noobs to pros.

I'd love to see a push for main official public servers again. I don't know where to go to race people who aren't rF racers anymore.