R.I.P. Mx Simulator

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Re: R.I.P. Mx Simulator

Post by Jeremy150 »

That's typically not how hiring a team works. Normally you tell them what to do :lol:
All I can really do at this point is make suggestions.

Also when you say the game is not all that ugly, just a reminder, this is what you get when you purchase it.
(along with rF's SX tracks)
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

The stock bike and rider models definitely aren't that pretty. That's not really where I was going with that thought, but you have a good point. The game presently is capable of looking pretty nice when you install user content, and I'm frankly not paying a ton of attention when in motion and focusing on staying off the ground. My wager would be that the audience shallow enough to buy in solely for the graphics is generally not going to enjoy the gameplay. I think MESX has that market totally cornered.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Jeremy150

Post by Jeremy150 »

I believe if we saw a huge update graphically, paired up with a re-work of his "arcade" physics, a lot of people would stick around. In comparison to MESX, or MXGP, I think JLV's predicted collisions is unmatched. Although, I haven't played MESX 2 or the newer MXVSATV online yet. I just remember playing any of the other MX games and just seeing tuff blocks flying around everywhere :lol:
beast 519
Team: RIDE365.com

Post by beast 519 »

Jeremy150 wrote:I believe if we saw a huge update graphically, paired up with a re-work of his "arcade" physics, a lot of people would stick around.
I don't think we truly have a grasp has to how many people actually play this game to be honest. How many people show up for an rf pro night nowadays? Maybe 80-100? I think the number of people that play casually in singleplayer, but don't race is far beyond our expectation. That's all I do now and I'm sure there's many others in the same boat. That's partially the reason I've been stocked to see all the scripting ideas from DJ, Aaron, Aeffertz, etc. recently because its triggered my interest in the game again.
Jeremy150

Post by Jeremy150 »

I'd have to look into it further, but I believe it's estimated around 300+ different people race rF throughout a series. I think it is a fairly large amount of players that don't compete in rF events. But the issue is, I feel like those players typically don't know too much about the game, so they are left with stock models and tracks. If we could get that experience better for players, I think we would see a big boost in active players.
beast 519
Team: RIDE365.com

Post by beast 519 »

I definitely agree with you there. I remember how hard it was back in 2012 trying to figure out how to even open up my personal folder... let alone put skins and tracks in it :lol:
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Racers52 wrote:The notion that MXS is dead is pretty dumb.

Just because it isnt the way it used to be, doesnt mean the game is failing.

All up from here boys.
I agree with that. Big difference between "past peak popularity" and "dead". It might get smaller but it's not going to die. A smaller, friendlier community like in the first few years wouldn't bother me at all.

I haven't forgotten about doing a series for casual players. Some nasty stuff got in the way but I'm definitely going to do something for the regular guys.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MOTO NATIOM112
Team: PoGo

Post by MOTO NATIOM112 »

Gonna throw my 2 cents in. I've been around since 2009-2010 (had the demo 08-09, bought the game in 2010) and the amount of progress this game has made is insane. While I do miss packed Elsinore servers and free content, I truly don't mind paying for content. I used to make content for this game (and still do, just don't release them) so I know the kind of work that goes into user created content. I've been supporting the creators for god knows how long. But let me say this, no one NEEDS to buy anything for this game. No one needs the newest model, gear, helmets, etc to go fast and be good at this game. People do it because they want to support the creators and look the best while racing. So if you don't like spending money on user created content, then don't. There are still people who make and free release models and gear that you can use. Spending money on this game is no different then buying DLC for COD, only difference is your helping someone put food on the table, rather than giving it to a multi-million dollar company.

One thing that is killing this community is toxic people. People that have the "my wang is bigger than everyone else's" mentality. And the ones that complain about EVERYTHING without giving advise/criticism on how to make it better. Take this years SX for example, I've seen so many people complain about the track, but not give feedback. Instead of jumping on this forum and rage typing things like "omg this track sucks ass" you can say "not a fan of this, this, or this about the track, maybe try changing X,Y, and Z, everything else is good though" Like, is it hard for some people to not be toxic?

I think the game is fine how it is, and I'm looking forward to the improvements that are going to be made. Only thing I would bring back is the fun racing that people used to host. Other than that, this game is still 10/10.
Ripping_reckless

Post by Ripping_reckless »

only thing that killed this game was graphics never being updated in my opionion and not being optimized so more people can race without lagging
Ac Dash
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Ac Dash »

Ripping_reckless wrote:only thing that killed this game was graphics never being updated in my opionion and not being optimized so more people can race without lagging
Definitely needs to be optimized for a fact.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Nah, what killed the game was people wanting too much out of one guy whenever it hit its peak. You had people screaming they needed new dyno's each year, people wanting erode online, people hacking, people just wanting too much for him to complete everything people were asking for. Then when he got something done, he had to work on it for months because people hated it or found ways around it. Honestly, if JLV could work this game the way he wanted to instead of the way the community was pushing him, I think it'd be farther ahead. My $0.02.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Ripping_reckless

Post by Ripping_reckless »

DBRider251 wrote:Nah, what killed the game was people wanting too much out of one guy whenever it hit its peak. You had people screaming they needed new dyno's each year, people wanting erode online, people hacking, people just wanting too much for him to complete everything people were asking for. Then when he got something done, he had to work on it for months because people hated it or found ways around it. Honestly, if JLV could work this game the way he wanted to instead of the way the community was pushing him, I think it'd be farther ahead. My $0.02.
ya i can agree but i was coming off of why alot of older pro players left the game and it was mostly the graphics part and some people just cant run the new erode for racing sadly :(
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Ripping_reckless wrote: ya i can agree but i was coming off of why alot of older pro players left the game and it was mostly the graphics part and some people just cant run the new erode for racing sadly :(
All of the older pros are old enough to have a job right? Save money buy new parts. I don’t think that is an excuse. When I got this game I was 13, I’m 20 now and bought all of my PCs besides the laptop I started on. The issue is when jlv started this game pcs were no where near where they are now. Him creating this game of one core was okay, because I’m pretty sure they didn’t have a whole lot already. I’ve heard him say this time and time again. For him to optimize the game and make it run off of more cores then he basically would have to remake the game due to it would mess up the physics and some other things (correct me if I’m wrong jlv) so unless he does what dcope and Jeremy suggested then I never see the game being optimized
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Am I the only person who doesn't care about the game looking absolutely fantastic? I'm fine with the way it looks, even running lower settings with my R5 1600 and 1070. I'd rather the game look bad, but I can see erode and get 125 frames, than spend a ton of money on getting a i9 and 2080ti just to make it look pretty.

I don't think you can make the argument that the reason old pro's left was because of the graphics. I think they left because life gets in the way or other issues they had with the game.

Personally, the only issue I have with the game is front end lock. If it were predictable, I wouldn't care. But I swear, I can get T boned and ride away easier than if someone barely taps a knobby on my front tire.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

DBRider251 wrote:Am I the only person who doesn't care about the game looking absolutely fantastic?
No, you're not. Still rocking pre 2012 stuff on regular bases, tracks especially. To a certain degree I feel like the people that got in now when the game looks pretty good cares much more about it when people tried to get it to this good point around 2014-2016.