R.I.P. Mx Simulator

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Racers52

Re: R.I.P. Mx Simulator

Post by Racers52 »

DBRider251 wrote:Am I the only person who doesn't care about the game looking absolutely fantastic? I'm fine with the way it looks, even running lower settings with my R5 1600 and 1070. I'd rather the game look bad, but I can see erode and get 125 frames, than spend a ton of money on getting a i9 and 2080ti just to make it look pretty.
I think you are missing the point. Hopefully we can get a graphic update that makes the game look better and run smoother, that would be ideal.

How JLV wants to do that I do not know.

I know I could appreciate some lighting/decal love, multipoint lighting for SX, moving shadows with the rider and track objects, displacement mapping for decals and some other stuff could be really nice.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Yeah, I can get with that. But I just don't get the people that fuss about the graphical quality as much as they do. Maybe I'm misunderstanding when he's saying graphics. Is he talking about how the game looks, or how it performs? Because by him saying "older pro players left the game and it was mostly the graphics part" it sounds like the game just doesn't look good.

I agree the game needs some things added to it to make it look/run better. Opening it up to a couple of people who understand the language and willingness to help improve the game I think would be the move. Hard to justify that though because that's just breeding trouble.

Either way, JLV just needs to get his shit together and put this bad boy in Unreal 4!

Totally kidding, luv u Michael
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
BcMxKx37

Post by BcMxKx37 »

Uollie wrote:I definitely miss when elsinore servers were always active. I always jumped in and did the quick 8 lap sx races for hours every day. I don't even know what servers anyone plays on now if at all. The range of skill between everyone was huge between complete noobs to pros.

I'd love to see a push for main official public servers again. I don't know where to go to race people who aren't rF racers anymore.
this man, i miss going in 03 and legit having to wait to join the server because it was full, nowadays you are lucky to find 00, 01 02 or 03 with even 3 people in them.
beast 519
Team: RIDE365.com

Post by beast 519 »

DBRider251 wrote:Because by him saying "older pro players left the game and it was mostly the graphics part" it sounds like the game just doesn't look good.
I think the thing that pushed out a lot of the OGs was the shift in the demographic of this community.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

beast 519 wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:Because by him saying "older pro players left the game and it was mostly the graphics part" it sounds like the game just doesn't look good.
I think the thing that pushed out a lot of the OGs was the shift in the demographic of this community.
You’re both high. We’re all still here, but too busy to be as active as we once were. The graphics pushed the OG’s out? We all fell in love with the game before decals. Before you could even lean forwards and backwards. Who comes up with this crap?
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

The only thing that will kill MXS is MXSimulator 2 or another similar game that does physics as well or better and graphics as well or better and performs as well or better while allowing user content and attracting content creators.

The only thing holding the game back (holding back, not killing) is the speed and iterations of updates/features.

Reason the prices of models are so steep? There isn't a system in place to control a user from downloading the model and just sharing it with their friends for free. So instead of 100 people paying $1 for a bike, creators have to charge $100. This hasn't been a development priority because other things have taken its place.

Lighting, UI, visuals, erode, optimizations; there is nothing that doesn't make me believe JLV is capable skill-wise to pull these off. It comes down to time and prioritizing time.
Quinten
Team: QM1

Post by Quinten »

checkerz wrote:The only thing that will kill MXS is MXSimulator 2 or another similar game that does physics as well or better and graphics as well or better and performs as well or better while allowing user content and attracting content creators.

The only thing holding the game back (holding back, not killing) is the speed and iterations of updates/features.

Reason the prices of models are so steep? There isn't a system in place to control a user from downloading the model and just sharing it with their friends for free. So instead of 100 people paying $1 for a bike, creators have to charge $100. This hasn't been a development priority because other things have taken its place.

Lighting, UI, visuals, erode, optimizations; there is nothing that doesn't make me believe JLV is capable skill-wise to pull these off. It comes down to time and prioritizing time.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Quinten
Team: QM1

Post by Quinten »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Image
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

The thing keeping this game alive is mostly community made content. Bike graphics/models, gear skins/models, tracks, objects, etc. If you look at the base game there really isn't much to it (aside from the amazing physics). The stock models are outdated. The stock tracks are outdated. The graphics are outdated. The menu/UI is outdated. The track creator is outdated. The optimization is subpar.

This game can keep going on at the rate it's going with player numbers slowly dwindling but the game being active enough to survive. But I truly hate to see that. This game has so much untapped potential, it's a shame. This is JLV's game. It's up to him where he wants to take it. If he wants it to grow and become a game that rivals MXGP/MvA game series, he can do that. If he wants to keep it to a small community (albeit toxic) and not worry about becoming a "huge hit" then he's welcome to do that as well. But I think he is doing his hard work a disservice by not going for the former option. What he has accomplished by himself is huge, now imagine a team of ~10 people with similar goals and a roadmap to keep them on track. Working on updating the graphics, the lighting, better erode, better UI, track creator updates, etc. The opportunity is there, it's just up to him if he wants to go for it.

Personally, I'm happy either way. I get on every couple of days and go in Time Trial and mess around on old outdoor tracks. But I would also be excited to see him change the path of this game to be a real competitive (sales wise) moto game. Some things I personally think would grow this game...

Appearance. Update the Main Menu/User Interface. Some people may love the simple style but I personally do not and know a lot of other people who I tried getting into the game that when they first saw it were immediately turned off. The game still looks like it's a decade old with the interface. Update the graphics (I understand this is a huge undertaking.) The game looks severely outdated in it's base form. Make new models that come with the stock game. They don't have to be replicas for licensing issues but at least make them look modern with the associated colors. Update the website. If you want to attract new players, the first thing you see has to look better than what's there now. First impressions are everything when people are quick to spend their money on a different game. Also, doing something about this toxic community. Although I haven't really been around a lot to see what people are like now. A few months ago it was terrible. Get some volunteer moderators that have good reputation to manage this and improve the community.

I have loads of ideas and could go on and on but I feel like they will fall on deaf ears. I will probably get flamed for something in this post but it's worth a shot to get my opinion out there. JLV... this is a great game, and probably the best moto game, so I hope you don't think I'm shitting on it. I just hope to see you take it a step further. You could genuinely make a living out of this given the right moves.

- Cameron
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
TeamHavocRacing

Clfitty wrote:This is JLV's game. It's up to him where he wants to take it.
A very good take on this, but imagine being on that diving board with an empty pool. You take that dive hoping there's enough greenage down there to pad your fall. Think how niche a hardcore simulator is nowadays anyway. Everything else can be cheated. This does have that awkward moment with the hack, but otherwise you are laid bare. Talent only. THAT is what keeps it alive! JLV is smart to keep a regular lyfe parallel to this.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

It doesn’t matter why we’re talking about this. Jlv isn’t going to read this Bc he is contempt with how the current game is
TeamHavocRacing

I'd say you're wrong.
Brent929
Team: MAPW

Post by Brent929 »

jlv wrote:
A smaller, friendlier community like in the first few years wouldn't bother me at all.

:wink:
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Brent929 wrote:jlv wrote:
A smaller, friendlier community like in the first few years wouldn't bother me at all.

:wink:
that is why doing all this is pointless. He doesn’t care that much anymore