Kamouraska Hilltop Training Grounds

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Sam_Destroyer

Kamouraska Hilltop Training Grounds

Post by Sam_Destroyer »

https://mega.nz/#!LioCiQBD!_LCCDWJyjbFc ... uHZKraVgFM

This is it, my first track!
It is a polished version of my miserable first attempt. It is built on and for 125s. Very short track, around 1:10 lap times. Thanks every one that may have any assets in this. I have not made any of them but I got lost in what I mashed together so If you recognize some of your things just shout! Looking for constructive criticism and feedback. Hope you Enjoy!

sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Re: Kamouraska Hilltop Training Grounds

Post by sethypeety »

I didn't really have the time to do a good amount of laps and get a super strong opinion on the track, but I do think the track has HUGE potential. I have a really bad computer so I won't judge the looks too much, but the little bit I played with high detail on, the track looked really good. It has pretty good flow but I think you went a little bit over board with the split lines, around the power lines made sense but the other ones should have just been one corner. Other than that the track is really fun. After I play it a bit more I will give you more feedback. Great Job :D
Sam_Destroyer

Post by Sam_Destroyer »

sethypeety wrote:I didn't really have the time to do a good amount of laps and get a super strong opinion on the track, but I do think the track has HUGE potential. I have a really bad computer so I won't judge the looks too much, but the little bit I played with high detail on, the track looked really good. It has pretty good flow but I think you went a little bit over board with the split lines, around the power lines made sense but the other ones should have just been one corner. Other than that the track is really fun. After I play it a bit more I will give you more feedback. Great Job :D
Thanks alot for the input! Means alot since it's my first track.

I know I went quite cray cray with the split lines. Don't know what I was going for there but it does the job alright.
Nice to hear somebody think it looks good. Thruth is I probably have a worse pc than you and I kinda rushed that part of making the track. Really wasn't aiming for perfection on that aspect.

If I had to choose one thing as my favourite on this project it'd probably be the finish line jump (on a 125) or the uphill sand berm in the pit. Super nice to whip the hell out of the jump after that berm.

Super happy you enjoy it. I've already got another track I'm building right now but progress is slow cause riding season is upon us and I'm prepping my bike for that. Thanks alot!
mxholmes
Team: BRXTN

Post by mxholmes »

I liked the track man!
Definitely perfect for a 125
Good things:
1. Great rhythm for a 125, definitely hard to nail perfect laps but once you got it they're fun.
2. Breaking bumps are a great size and corners have nice railable berms.
3. The different textures for mountains and flats are a very nice touch, love the power lines idea.

Things to improve:
1. A couple of jumps didn't have either the right lip for the landing or the right landing for lip, very hard to either case finish line or OJ it.
2. Too many split lanes, I love the one for the power lines! The 1st corner after the starting gates being a split section is odd. If you brought the outside line way in and took away the split in it, it would flow a lot better!
3. When you join race you start 10ft back from gate?

Overall I love the track man, super fun 125 track, looking forward to the next!
mxholmes
Team: BRXTN

Post by mxholmes »

I forgot to add!

My best lap on a 125 was a 1:07.6! Had a 1:03 on the go but threw it away in the last split corner
Sam_Destroyer

Post by Sam_Destroyer »

mxholmes wrote:I liked the track man!
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

thb I kind of thought I'd never hear about this again but somehow you found this thing. Thank you very much for the comment. I understand what you mean about the jump face and landing thing. The section leading to the rollers really shows that and I'm not really satisfied with it but jumping into the rollers is a blast afterwards. As for the finish I think it makes it that much more satisfying to clear. It really was meant to have you haul azz through the corner to get it.

Oh and also, there is another track. It's called SandEater. It's a little weird but you might like it. I was making a third one back then but kind of took a break from sim. Maybe if I have some spare time I'll shake the dust off and give it another crack.

As for the lap time, I'll have to brush the rust off and go try to beat it. Not sure what I was running when I made this.

Be well man!