Best way to add roughness to track

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Mfrosty5
Team: Average boi

Best way to add roughness to track

Post by Mfrosty5 »

I’ve just created a track with small Braking bumps and medium sized ruts. I’d like to creat a rough version of the track tho. I’m using the tile info from redbud so should I just do like 20 laps with about 2 erode, or make the roughness in the track editor. I’m not sure which one would be the better option? Help.
D_ROY178

Re: Best way to add roughness to track

Post by D_ROY178 »

Using erode is generally a bad way to do it, especially if you’re using 2,3 erode on your own, it’ll just create too much chop (you may as well test it if that’s the roughness you’re going for) But taking your time using the raise/ lower tool is generally gonna produce the best results.
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

if your wanting to make a rough version from erode the best option would be to host an erode race and try to get 30-40 guys turn up. alternatively either use the in game editor or PS to create rough/ruts.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

^^that tutorial taught me alot I didn't know. I couldn't figure out how to make ruts that don't follow a perfectly round path, and couldn't make good bumps till I found this tut. It helps
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

You mean this one with ruts?