MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Sure! You spend the money and I could run the machine. Usually in the past, that type of work was done with EDM. Electrical Discharge Machining. Now high-speed machining has caught up with EDM. Then they match-grind the two halves so they make up perfectly. China will make your part to spec, even if it's a tight spec. You just see cheap, outsourced low-spec work usually from China. Besides, I'm a programmer now!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Mlacore33
Team: LMR Kawasaki

Post by Mlacore33 »

niggas gay asf all yall
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Sure! You spend the money and I could run the machine. Usually in the past, that type of work was done with EDM. Electrical Discharge Machining. Now high-speed machining has caught up with EDM. Then they match-grind the two halves so they make up perfectly. China will make your part to spec, even if it's a tight spec. You just see cheap, outsourced low-spec work usually from China. Besides, I'm a programmer now!
I could probably afford a Shapeoko. Is that close enough?

Seriously though, what kind of accuracy does it take to get that seamless looking fit? I assume it's under a thousandth?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

It's well under 50 millionths. .00005 or less. A good micrometer has that resolution. Match grinding achieves that invisible seam. If the seam were against the grain, it would be more visible. Especially after several times of messing with that assembly. Grinding makes amazing fits. EDM makes impossible ones. Ever see a magicians folding quarter? (sorry if I spoiled it for anyone!) They are amazing fitments without EDM I think.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

KaseoDip wrote:If any of you get bored and need something to watch. Very entertaining

1:25 Choclatieer had the worst luck ever :D :D :D
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Anyone try Blender 2.8 yet? What do you think?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TeamHavocRacing

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

That's impressive!
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:It's well under 50 millionths. .00005 or less. A good micrometer has that resolution. Match grinding achieves that invisible seam. If the seam were against the grain, it would be more visible. Especially after several times of messing with that assembly. Grinding makes amazing fits. EDM makes impossible ones. Ever see a magicians folding quarter? (sorry if I spoiled it for anyone!) They are amazing fitments without EDM I think.
So it's accurate to about a micron? That's more accurate than the process used to make the 386!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Whenever a supplier tells me my tolerances are too tight, I’m gonna send them that video.
TeamHavocRacing

Sweendoggy wrote:Whenever a supplier tells me my tolerances are too tight, I’m gonna send them that video.
Hey man, did your dad fly B-29's?
TeamHavocRacing

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Hey man, did your Granddad fly B-29's?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:Hey man, did your Granddad fly B-29's?
I already asked him. No one in his family ever nuked Japan.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

What does everyone think of Blender 2.8? I've only used it to follow a few tutorials I want to try for terrain displacement stuff, but seems pretty good. I don't like the alt+a shortcut to deselect though, I'm so used to just tapping 'a' again. There's just some stuff that will take time to get used to.

I've also been wanting to mess with eevee but haven't had the time.
https://www.blender.org/2-8/
https://developer.blender.org/T55194
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

2.8 is killer, it's a huge step for Blender. Currently I only use it for setting up scenes since it's only a beta and is still pretty un-stable. I had a few renders I was setting up crash and corrupt on me though. I definitely would not take on a big project using 2.8.