2019-04-21 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

2019-04-21 snapshot

Post by jlv »

Changes:
  • Fixed crash when renderstats is enabled with software terrain textures.
  • Now sets scheduling priority to "high" on Windows.
  • Fixed volume attenuation for environmental sounds when paused or in menu.
  • Fixed bug where buffered erode events from previous race carried over to next race.
  • Added "/reportstutter seconds" command. Use "/reportstutter .25" to get info on where freezes over a quarter second are happening.
  • Client version is now 37.
Windows users: http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx-2019-04-21-1494.exe
Linux users: http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mxbin-2019-04-21-1494

Replace mx.exe or mxbin with one of the above files. The default location for mx.exe should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator". I'd keep a backup of the originals since these aren't well tested.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Smidly
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Wildside

Re: 2019-04-21 snapshot

Post by Smidly »

I poompst
Reid

Post by Reid »

Smidly wrote:I poompst
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Can you make environment sounds separate from competitor sounds?
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

AWood wrote:Can you make environment sounds separate from competitor sounds?
Donut MX
Team: Privateer

Post by Donut MX »

cant believe altas are in the game now
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Donut MX wrote:cant believe altas are in the game now
That's nothing compared to the new whip physics.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Mfrosty5
Team: Average boi

Post by Mfrosty5 »

the stutter is unplayable, the game like micro freezes every couple of seconds
moto28

Post by moto28 »

Mfrosty5 wrote:the stutter is unplayable, the game like micro freezes every couple of seconds
Had the same issue during the erode test. I have constant 125fps, till a stutter hits and i shoot down to 15 or less. It occurs extra bad anytime i tab, spectate type or anything, that usually brings me down to 2 fps and i freeze on the screen for around 5 seconds. I would try changing graphics settings but i wouldn't be holding a constant 125 fps when it wasn't happening.

Also if it helps at all JLV, some issues i notice when a stutter hits: If an input is given when a studder occurs, that input gets locked. For example if i shift up a gear i get stuck in that gear and have to shift up and down and up again to be able to get out of my current gear. Also happened to me when i went down and had to reverse, my reverse was stuck until i hit my reverse button again then i was good. Stutters seemed extra bad this update, but it could've just been alot of stress on whatever is causing the stutters from the erode test. Had to quit midway through because i could not even ride a clean lap around the track.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:Are we talking distilled water, deionized water, purified water, heavy water, holy water, bong water or just ball sack water?
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Where do we find the stutter report?
jmayo_2

Post by jmayo_2 »

Still having stuttering with this snapshot, tried turning my record demo off too with no change during the erode test tonight.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If you're getting the stutter, two things would be helpful.

Type "/fpshist", do whatever makes the stutter happen, and type "/fpshist" again. Post the numbers. (It'll be in the lastlog so you can cut and paste it from there.) If you can do it with a demo it'd be better for the sake of repeatability.

Type "/reportstutter .25" in the chat screen, make the stutter happen, and post the lastlog file if it hits anything. If it doesn't say "Stutter in x - x seconds", you need to use a lower value. If you want, just post the fpshist numbers and I'll tell you a good value to use.
aeffertz wrote:Where do we find the stutter report?
It sends it to the chat console and the lastlog file. If there is no stutter over the given limit it won't report anything, so if you use .25 and never go under 4 fps you won't get anything.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
chaseb31
Team: BPC | let's get it

Post by chaseb31 »

Not sure if im any help at this @jlv, but I just raced my heat tonight and the stutter freezes are way worst. As the heat race goes on its fine the first couple laps then the stutter freezes comes into play. About every single 3rd second I get a stutter and freeze, and the freeze would get slightly longer each freeze. Almost seems something to do with erode as it builds.
Chase Blakely | Oregon Based
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

chaseb31 wrote:Not sure if im any help at this @jlv, but I just raced my heat tonight and the stutter freezes are way worst. As the heat race goes on its fine the first couple laps then the stutter freezes comes into play. About every single 3rd second I get a stutter and freeze, and the freeze would get slightly longer each freeze. Almost seems something to do with erode as it builds.
I noticed this as well. If I back out of the lobby and then rejoin in warm up mode, it runs smooth.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

chaseb31 wrote:Not sure if im any help at this @jlv, but I just raced my heat tonight and the stutter freezes are way worst. As the heat race goes on its fine the first couple laps then the stutter freezes comes into play. About every single 3rd second I get a stutter and freeze, and the freeze would get slightly longer each freeze. Almost seems something to do with erode as it builds.
jlv wrote:Added "/reportstutter seconds" command. Use "/reportstutter .25" to get info on where freezes over a quarter second are happening.
Use this to collect data on the freezes.