What good is front end lock?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Guggen
Team: Privateer

What good is front end lock?

Post by Guggen »

I know front end lock had been updated, but it still doesn't work when it should. Just about every time I get front end lock is when someone crosses their line into me, my front wheel grazes their back wheel and I go down from the lock. Then for example when I go in for an aggressive pass(punt) I get no front end lock and ride away while the other dude goes down no matter how hard the impact was. I know you want to punish punters or whatever but it doesn't work, and a lot of times ruins the innocent persons race for going down for something that they could have rode away with. I find myself having to create a 10ft bubble around other riders just because I'm worried that ill go down by getting too close. Now with erode absolutely wrecking tracks, its really hard to maintain that bubble and I find myself hitting erode edges that launch me in directions that I had no intention of going, hitting someones wheel then going down all race.

In short, front end lock isn't sensitive enough for punting, and way too sensitive for wheel grazes.
Reid

Re: What good is front end lock?

Post by Reid »

yeah it sucks. only good is to punish punters but it literally does not work lol. people TOUCH my back wheel all the time, and i end up going down cause of front end lock.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Yeah, it's dumb.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

I'm in awe after watching that video Nate. That looks so sick.
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

Atom6246 wrote:I'm in awe after watching that video Nate. That looks so sick.
+99999999999999999999
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Imagine being able to "bump and run" in sim like you can in real life, specifically in car racing that term is used, but in sim its just "block pass and brake check" :roll:
Guggen
Team: Privateer

Post by Guggen »

motocross_will

Post by motocross_will »

yzmxer608 wrote:
This video actually has me shook
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

Front end lock was put in place for people to stop punting. Clearly you see that hasn't stopped them. But you were able to shoot them clear across the track without getting a fall off and barely even being affected by it if that says anything about how it was.
MOTO NATIOM112
Team: PoGo

Post by MOTO NATIOM112 »

USABMXER1 wrote:Front end lock was put in place for people to stop punting. Clearly you see that hasn't stopped them. But you were able to shoot them clear across the track without getting a fall off and barely even being affected by it if that says anything about how it was.
But JLV fixed that a while ago. He made it so you can't send someone into orbit like the old days. Personally, I think "front end lock" should be taken out of the game again. It would make 99.9% of the sim community very happy.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

MOTO NATIOM112 wrote:
USABMXER1 wrote:Front end lock was put in place for people to stop punting. Clearly you see that hasn't stopped them. But you were able to shoot them clear across the track without getting a fall off and barely even being affected by it if that says anything about how it was.
But JLV fixed that a while ago. He made it so you can't send someone into orbit like the old days. Personally, I think "front end lock" should be taken out of the game again. It would make 99.9% of the sim community very happy.
https://www.businessinsider.com/736-of- ... -up-2010-2
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

yzmxer608 wrote:
This video turns me on. If it was like this again the racing would be so much better and more fun.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

808 wrote:Image

Yeah, it's dumb.
Just so you know, I didn't ban you for what you posted here. It was for multiple accounts. Someone noticed the name in the gif matched a previously banned account and reported you.

To answer the question in the title, there is no such thing as "front end lock" anymore. You have full manual steering control the whole time. Only the stabilizer steering force is scaled down. The reason for scaling down the stabilizer force is because the super quick reacting stabilizer made block passes almost work backwards. The player in front was at a disadvantage which made the preferred method of passing hitting the other player in the footpeg and pushing him over the berm. Those bump passes were very reliable with the full stabilizer force in action. On top of that, good block passes where you actually had a wheel on someone weren't reliable.

I do agree the stabilizer ramp up after contact is still a bit too slow. I'll probably speed it up a bit in the future. Just not enough to bring back the bump passes.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Maybe try something in the exact middle of what we have now and when there was no stabilizer change? Then go from there?