Dab Speed

Post your suggestions here
Bubba40
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Dab Speed

Post by Bubba40 »

I don't race anymore but after watching the 250 moto it seems to me that the dab speed for the game is way to high. I think a lot people run 40 to 60 Mph and they are using it for stability all the way around the corner. I don't think any pro in real life is hitting a deep rutted corner with there leg out at 40mph. I think a realistic max number should 35mph. Also Alexis Leclair brought up a great point in chat the leg should not come out when standing, I think that would be a great addition to the game also.
skyzen
Team: IZI Racing

Re: Dab Speed

Post by skyzen »

+1 the leg should not go out if you are standing.
1st 2014 Motosport Outdoor Nationals presented by One Industries
1st 2018 Race Tech North American Nationals
1st 2018 MotoOption Pro Supercross
1st 2019 MotoOption Pro National
ColtonM

Post by ColtonM »

Ive always rode with Dab when stopped off. So my leg legit would not come out but i decided to try to turn it on and switch to max dab speed to 45 and found it easy to keep stability around the corners. I agree that your leg should not come out while standing at 45 mph...
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

The values are actually in feet/second, but your point still stands. 60 mph would be insane. :lol: Can you fudge it in the config files?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Fabio Guido
Team: Hitcase

Post by Fabio Guido »

+1
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

But we do have ruts that feel like berms. No one can do what you say on Haggvist 2013 GP tracks :D .
Alex V111#1017
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Can't say I disagree, but if I took it away the people who depend on it would throw a fit.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

VUSTTOS wrote:But we do have ruts that feel like berms. No one can do what you say on Haggvist 2013 GP tracks :D .
Traction is also a big factor in this
Bubba40

Post by Bubba40 »

jlv wrote:Can't say I disagree, but if I took it away the people who depend on it would throw a fit.
Yeah it just sucks watching it because it's not creating good erode because people are just gliding around the corner with there dab speed.
Can you add a server lock to a certain dab speed and lock angle i'm curios because i wanna see how that would affect erode settings.
Bubba40

Post by Bubba40 »

Racers52 wrote:
VUSTTOS wrote:But we do have ruts that feel like berms. No one can do what you say on Haggvist 2013 GP tracks :D .
There's plenty of traction what you guys talking about 8) I think people wanna play MX vs ATV Reflex more then they wanna play simulator now a days.
Bubba40

Post by Bubba40 »

Bubba40 wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
There's plenty of traction what you guys talking about 8) I think people wanna play MX vs ATV Reflex more then they wanna play simulator now a days.
I mean arcade style not the game it self.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Bubba40 wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
we have gotten used to grip tape
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Racers52 wrote:
Bubba40 wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
The current traction is the sole reason I left the game. Tracks are absolute pavement and players are holding lean angles that are straight up physically impossible to do irl. You're exactly right though, everyone's gotten used to grip tape and high dab speeds, if you took it away everyone would throw a fit. I think the main problem is what people think "feels" realistic is skewed because there is no way to truly feel the traction in the game. You don't have a force feedback wheel. You have a joystick with no force feedback so when you slide out its solely visual feedback. If you use a realistic traction everyone will be like why am I sliding out because they didn't feel the traction enough to gauge when it was gunna give, but ffs just don't lean over as far and we can all enjoy some realistic traction.

/Rant
Tanner Rogers
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

motokid499 wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
Bubba40 wrote: There's plenty of traction what you guys talking about 8) I think people wanna play MX vs ATV Reflex more then they wanna play simulator now a days.
The current traction is the sole reason I left the game. Tracks are absolute pavement and players are holding lean angles that are straight up physically impossible to do irl. You're exactly right though, everyone's gotten used to grip tape and high dab speeds, if you took it away everyone would throw a fit. I think the main problem is what people think "feels" realistic is skewed because there is no way to truly feel the traction in the game. You don't have a force feedback wheel. You have a joystick with no force feedback so when you slide out its solely visual feedback. If you use a realistic traction everyone will be like why am I sliding out because they didn't feel the traction enough to gauge when it was gunna give, but ffs just don't lean over as far and we can all enjoy some realistic traction.

/Rant
Bubba40

Post by Bubba40 »

Wahlamt wrote:
motokid499 wrote:
Racers52 wrote:

/Rant