1st Person looking ahead

Post your suggestions here
IttayOren174
Team: Privateer

1st Person looking ahead

Post by IttayOren174 »

Hey. I'm new to first person, tried it a few times only.

I found it super difficult to use. I feel like the rider is looking straight ahead no matter what. In real life I feel like I would be looking ahead on the track much more.

What I mean is when I enter a turn I feel like the rider should be looking ahead toward the exit of the turn and not just straight ahead at the berm that's just in front of the bike. I don't mean like don't see the handlebars, but just a slight tilt would be nice I think.

What do you guys think?

Unrelated real life pic from my last race (I'm in the blue Astars gear)
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Re: 1st Person looking ahead

Post by KaseoDip »

The only way I would see this being possible would be to implement vr into the game. It would probably not be possible to code an automatic camera change because sometimes you don't want to look ahead and sometimes you do. Steering, leaning forward or back, and moving camera would be too many controls at once while going through a corner.
IttayOren174
Team: Privateer

Re: 1st Person looking ahead

Post by IttayOren174 »

KaseoDip wrote:The only way I would see this being possible would be to implement vr into the game. It would probably not be possible to code an automatic camera change because sometimes you don't want to look ahead and sometimes you do. Steering, leaning forward or back, and moving camera would be too many controls at once while going through a corner.
I mean I guess you could add a setting where the rider's lean would offset the camera to look at the direction maybe... Just a thought, VR would be amazing but so complex