2019 rF Nationals Pro and Amateur (NA)

Organize races and post results here
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: 2019 rF Nationals Pro and Amateur (NA)

Post by checkerz »

jlv wrote:
Atom6246 wrote:Guess I have to be the one to bring this up even though its been clear as day since Outdoors started. rF or JLV, looking forward to this readsetup strat to be addressed.
He's bringing "crafty Frenchman" to new levels! Hard to see how it's a real win though. For a slight benefit at the start he has to come to a complete stop during the race. I almost think he does this stuff just to mess with you guys.
Track position and limiting possibility of first turn/first lap pile ups is MASSIVE and I don't think can be downplayed. The additional benefits during the smooth early laps probably adds up as well. No matter how marginal the advantage, I don't think it should be overlooked; however, I don't think that is the key element either.

I think the more important issue is a rider being stopped in the track for an extended period of time potentially causing risk for other players running into them. Hasn't happened yet from what I've seen, but that is only with 1 guy doing it. How is it going to be if 40 guys are stopping?

And finally, a "fix" was put in for a reason. Because changing setups mid-moto is unrealistic.

There is I'm sure multiple ways to fix it, but I'd think in an online scenario, just simply having a server broadcast when an active racer reads a setup would give the officials enough to enforce a penalty.
skyzen
Team: IZI Racing

Post by skyzen »

Atom6246 wrote:
jlv wrote:He's bringing "crafty Frenchman" to new levels! Hard to see how it's a real win though. For a slight benefit at the start he has to come to a complete stop during the race. I almost think he does this stuff just to mess with you guys.
I wouldn't say it's a slight benefit. At the highest level in sim, everything counts. I think we all know its common for Leclair to crash a lot in outdoors because his setup is tailored for starts. But he now has the best of both worlds by taking 2 seconds to pull over.

I'll adapt.
As a highest level in sim, you should maybe more focus on your speed to not take 4 second per lap instead of focus on me. Cause atm, you more look like a noob erode tryharder than the highest level in sim :lol:
1st 2014 Motosport Outdoor Nationals presented by One Industries
1st 2018 Race Tech North American Nationals
1st 2018 MotoOption Pro Supercross
1st 2019 MotoOption Pro National
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

Yung Kryp wrote:The only thing I recommended is what Daniel was saying, the jaggedness at the top of the ruts. Everyone always complains and say we need less "walls" but if those "walls" were smoothed out, imagine how sick it would be to have 3-4 ruts in every corner to pick.

I like the big bumps and changing lines because it really shows who can adapt to it.
Yeah don't have a problem with the all the ruts and braking bumps, would just be nice for them to all be smoother so you can hop in and out of ruts and go over them without doing a 360 backflip and getting stuck in a sharp ditch.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

FlyinHigh wrote:
Yung Kryp wrote:The only thing I recommended is what Daniel was saying, the jaggedness at the top of the ruts. Everyone always complains and say we need less "walls" but if those "walls" were smoothed out, imagine how sick it would be to have 3-4 ruts in every corner to pick.

I like the big bumps and changing lines because it really shows who can adapt to it.
Yeah don't have a problem with the all the ruts and braking bumps, would just be nice for them to all be smoother so you can hop in and out of ruts and go over them without doing a 360 backflip and getting stuck in a sharp ditch.
Everything wouldn't have to be as big if you could see it better, but that would require a lighting update we've been waiting for over 5 years to see.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

checkerz wrote:And finally, a "fix" was put in for a reason. Because changing setups mid-moto is unrealistic.

There is I'm sure multiple ways to fix it, but I'd think in an online scenario, just simply having a server broadcast when an active racer reads a setup would give the officials enough to enforce a penalty.
This is why I'm speaking up. The cheater has done this before and has now found a way to do it again without losing anytime really. The thing that sucks is when do the officials know if people are changing setups or not. Not sure what else they will be doing and if it's a pattern I think it's pretty obvious but just playing devils advocate. I think this is a job for JLV. Weather it's server side or client side, 2 seconds isn't long enough. Either way thank you for the much valued input Chex, means alot.
checkerz wrote:I think the more important issue is a rider being stopped in the track for an extended period of time potentially causing risk for other players running into them. Hasn't happened yet from what I've seen,
I'd count this https://gyazo.com/1aa0de6c36e8c0fca2601717acc1f755
Ktmrdr11 wrote:You are an even bigger {} than I thought. I literally just saw you tell him in a server the other day "you can be the fastest every week but I'm still gonna beat you"
Stopping for a second sure is cleaner than blasting someone of the track :roll:
Considering I'm beating him in 3 out of 4 series currently, I'd say I'm keeping to my word so far.
I honestly don't even know where you went with that last sentence but I hope you realize him stopping on the track gets me closer to him right? What happens anytime I get near the dude?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

In his defense, you killed him every chance possible during SX. I'd be murdering you every moto too in his position.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Ddavis wrote:In his defense, you killed him every chance possible during SX. I'd be murdering you every moto too in his position.
Please don't chime in if you don't know what you're talking about.
https://i.gyazo.com/d6d84a3092929e4c325 ... 033bf7.gif
This is how he handles getting passed straight up (I got a legs off).
https://i.gyazo.com/a4d1a6a67eb7bdf4967 ... 092265.gif
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Oh here we go. Atom is the victim, always! :lol:
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

You are literally posting just to start shit, why? After you already started drama with Matterley qualifying. Which that turned out to be false also. What is the point? Ask yourself that. Instead of replying to this I challenge you to simply ask yourself that.
TrentAdams
Team: DX3

Post by TrentAdams »

The fact is Atom and Leclair are Reed and Stewart back in the day, they hate each other but race hard and sometimes that includes taking each other out. I don’t really have a position on this current argument but Atom all the way when it comes to racing.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Whether Leclair started it or not, it hasn't been one sided.

skyzen
Team: IZI Racing

Post by skyzen »

Atom6246 wrote: Considering I'm beating him in 3 out of 4 series currently, I'd say I'm keeping to my word so far.
Who care leading a serie if this is to lose it on the last corner?
1st 2014 Motosport Outdoor Nationals presented by One Industries
1st 2018 Race Tech North American Nationals
1st 2018 MotoOption Pro Supercross
1st 2019 MotoOption Pro National
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

TrentAdams wrote:I don’t really have a position on this current argument but Atom all the way when it comes to racing.
I'm on Atom's side, too, and I even told him I want him to win the title over Leclair, but it just bugs me when people sit here and complain about getting taken out when they do it repeatedly. I have beef with guys like Blakely, but I know it's because I've raced him hard and he's raced me hard, but I'm not sitting here saying I've never done anything to deserve it.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Atom6246 wrote:
checkerz wrote:And finally, a "fix" was put in for a reason. Because changing setups mid-moto is unrealistic.

This is why I'm speaking up. The cheater has done this before and has now found a way to do it again without losing anytime really. The thing that sucks is when do the officials know if people are changing setups or not. Not sure what else they will be doing and if it's a pattern I think it's pretty obvious but just playing devils advocate. I think this is a job for JLV. Weather it's server side or client side, 2 seconds isn't long enough. Either way thank you for the much valued input Chex, means alot.
I like the idea of broadcasting when a setup change is made. It isn't unreasonable for some friends to want to test setups together online so I don't want to prevent that or add annoying delays. The broadcast way would even give the race official discretion to allow changes in the mechanic area.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Knowing Leclair he would use a bind to continuously change his setup and just meme the chat with changed setups the entire moto :lol: