2019 rF Nationals Pro and Amateur (NA)

Organize races and post results here
DannyBoy

Re: 2019 rF Nationals Pro and Amateur (NA)

Post by DannyBoy »

Jeremy150 wrote:
NoFear345 wrote:
reddead422 wrote:Thunder valley is the best track of the year hands down. Everyone complaining has just forgotten how to ride a rough track, they are too used to highways. Keep the good shit coming boys I'm hyped on where this erode is headed. :D
I could be wrong in saying this but most people are disliking the track because the terrain is about 30% or more over-scaled. The decals are subpar for visuals, and the lighting doesn’t help the decal situation. Overall I think the roughness is great, maybe a tad bit much in spots but hopefully erode works well with this pre-made. I liked ddavis’s explanation.
Close, the track is 25% over-scaled. I guess I'm on the other end but I don't think erode has ever been this visible with dark dirt.

No, don't listen to this neanderthal. Keep overscaling the tracks. Way more fun.
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

DannyBoy wrote:
Jeremy150 wrote:
NoFear345 wrote: I could be wrong in saying this but most people are disliking the track because the terrain is about 30% or more over-scaled. The decals are subpar for visuals, and the lighting doesn’t help the decal situation. Overall I think the roughness is great, maybe a tad bit much in spots but hopefully erode works well with this pre-made. I liked ddavis’s explanation.
Close, the track is 25% over-scaled. I guess I'm on the other end but I don't think erode has ever been this visible with dark dirt.

No, don't listen to this neanderthal. Keep overscaling the tracks. Way more fun.
I guess over-scale works :lol:
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

Damn right devin.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

*a fix for FPS drop*

I noticed JLV set priority to High for sim before I started dealing with FPS drop, so I simply set it back to Normal, then High again. FPS drop/lag spike gone.

Stoked I made it into the big boy race tonight, first time since 2013 or so.
only one to win something real from the game!
kawasakirider616

Post by kawasakirider616 »

Look guys im all for erode and I think it could be really good, but when our tracks go from looking like this:
To this:

At what point is it still worth it? I get that this is the future of sim and this is how its gonna be but is it really worth it to go so backwards on the visuals of the track? I could run the 2017 tracks with 40 people with higher graphics than Im running now and I wouldn't get any FPS drops at all and they looked amazing visually. Now on the erode tracks it looks like im running a JLV track when he first introduced shaders. I definitely understand that we have to do this to be able to see the erode, but to me it just feels like we are taking 15 steps back visually just to be able to see erode and to me that just doesn't seem worth it.
skyzen
Team: IZI Racing

Post by skyzen »

80% premade 20% erode is the key but they dont want to try it ......
1st 2014 Motosport Outdoor Nationals presented by One Industries
1st 2018 Race Tech North American Nationals
1st 2018 MotoOption Pro Supercross
1st 2019 MotoOption Pro National
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I think erode would be pretty sweet on that track Kyle posted but with erode on like .15 or .2 to make the ruts and bumps a bit deeper/gnarlier, rather than us making ruts from scratch or from a groove, but who knows.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Jones221 wrote:*a fix for FPS drop*

I noticed JLV set priority to High for sim before I started dealing with FPS drop, so I simply set it back to Normal, then High again. FPS drop/lag spike gone.

In-game settings or setting priority in task manager?
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

kawasakirider616 wrote:Look guys im all for erode and I think it could be really good, but when our tracks go from looking like this:
[img.g[/img]
To this:
9img)

At what point is it still worth it? I get that this is the future of sim and this is how its gonna be but is it really worth it to go so backwards on the visuals of the track? I could run the 2017 tracks with 40 people with higher graphics than Im running now and I wouldn't get any FPS drops at all and they looked amazing visually. Now on the erode tracks it looks like im running a JLV track when he first introduced shaders. I definitely understand that we have to do this to be able to see the erode, but to me it just feels like we are taking 15 steps back visually just to be able to see erode and to me that just doesn't seem worth it.
10 years ago Reflex had both erode and visuals on a shitty XBOX. It can happen in sim, but it's going to take developer assistance.

Some serious updates have been needed for both visuals and performance for some time now, until those come, you get playdough and frame drops when the community are the ones trying to evolve the game without support on the backend.

In JLV's defense, he's been dealing with cheating douche monkey's who are not only taking time but also resources and performance from what I understand.

Regardless, be careful... there aren't many good creators left. The epic guys at rough and ruts (Hagg/yfmx/gio) are long gone... don't scare away the few that are left away.
Freddy694

Post by Freddy694 »

Ddavis wrote:

Task manager, i tried it aswell and it actually helped a little bit.

Task manager > more information dropdown arrow > information > right click mx.exe > specify priority > change to normal and back to high again
Freddy694

Post by Freddy694 »

Freddy694 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:

Task manager, i tried it aswell and it actually helped a little bit.

Task manager > more information dropdown arrow > information > right click mx.exe > specify priority > change to normal and back to high again
btw you have to be on a track for it to be on high
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

checkerz wrote:...don't scare away the few that are left away.
Good luck with that.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Freddy694 wrote: Task manager, i tried it aswell and it actually helped a little bit.

exactly, for me it helped tremendously.
only one to win something real from the game!
mxrider18
Team: Privateer

Post by mxrider18 »

Who can I email to try and figure out my RF login, havn't played in awhile and dont remember my user or pass...
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

mxrider18 wrote:Who can I email to try and figure out my RF login, havn't played in awhile and dont remember my user or pass...
Message the rF bot in the rF discord.