What good is front end lock?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: What good is front end lock?

Post by checkerz »

Sooooo many negative effects of the current system to try and band-aid a single issue. I'm all for anything that reduces crashes and allows guys to race together more versus trading spots everytime you trade crashes.

"Battling" in MXS is scary and often comes down to feeling like RNG if you get too close or contact is made.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Wahlamt wrote:Maybe try something in the exact middle of what we have now and when there was no stabilizer change? Then go from there?
I'd rather take small steps. Much easier to take some more off than to add it back.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
zcook642
Team: Privateer

Post by zcook642 »

motocross_will wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:
This video actually has me shook
#makesimgreatagain
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Lol, don't. YZed did not show the horrors of the past, just some rough passing. The drilling that took place all the time before is what led to the front-end lock. It's a fair system just like in Excitebike, if you have 51% of your bike in front of 'em, they go down. If they're 51% in front of you...
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

The alternative to not having it is much much worse.

That said, it's well overdue to slowly start turning the knob down to find a better middle ground.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Rayvenator wrote:The alternative to not having it is much much worse.

That said, it's well overdue to slowly start turning the knob down to find a better middle ground.
Agreed.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Motospun

Post by Motospun »

jlv wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:51 am

Agreed.
Have you considered working on this again when you get the chance? It's still very frustrating especially on tight arenacross tracks when you're trying to bang bars or on rf's one lined 8 lane highways where the only fast line is the line every single other rider is taking and a slight mess up from the rider ahead causes you to bump them and wad. Arenacross battles are especially frustrating since I'm moving so slow and barely bumping people but we're getting all out of balance and sometimes just slamming the ground over such a slow speed bump.
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

What if we had the option as private server owners to set the "front end lock" at what we want it?
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Jrife548 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:46 am What if we had the option as private server owners to set the "front end lock" at what we want it?
Doubt this is even reasonable to do. Changing the core client's physics based on a server is not logical in my opinion. It would just cause way too much inconsistency and confusion among new players.
Motospun

Post by Motospun »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:33 am
Jrife548 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:46 am What if we had the option as private server owners to set the "front end lock" at what we want it?
Doubt this is even reasonable to do. Changing the core client's physics based on a server is not logical in my opinion. It would just cause way too much inconsistency and confusion among new players.
I think it's more to just test so we can see what it feels like, it would be a setting most people don't know about that would either get disabled later or fully added into the game so you can never shut it off. It would give us an idea of what it feels like with it turned off so we can give feedback and have a better understanding of what jlv means when he says it won't work.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Motospun wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:20 am I think it's more to just test so we can see what it feels like, it would be a setting most people don't know about that would either get disabled later or fully added into the game so you can never shut it off. It would give us an idea of what it feels like with it turned off so we can give feedback and have a better understanding of what jlv means when he says it won't work.
I still think the idea of editing a client's core game physics based on a server setting is just impractical from a programmer's standpoint. I can't say if jlv would agree with me or not since I didn't write the code of the game.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Motospun wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:59 am

Agreed.
Have you considered working on this again when you get the chance? It's still very frustrating especially on tight arenacross tracks when you're trying to bang bars or on rf's one lined 8 lane highways where the only fast line is the line every single other rider is taking and a slight mess up from the rider ahead causes you to bump them and wad. Arenacross battles are especially frustrating since I'm moving so slow and barely bumping people but we're getting all out of balance and sometimes just slamming the ground over such a slow speed bump.
I sped up the recovery time around a month after I posted that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Motospun

Post by Motospun »

jlv wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:59 am
Motospun wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:59 am
Agreed.
I sped up the recovery time around a month after I posted that.
I'm aware but I still feel it needs a little tweaking. If I remember correctly the recovery time was sped up by 33%, maybe something like 50% would be the sweet spot.