2019-06-17 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2019-06-17 snapshot

Post by jlv »

NoFear345 wrote:update causes crashes now with contact
Do I have to do anything special to make it happen? I tried running into some people and had no luck reproducing this.
WellsMX524 wrote:
skyzen wrote:showing setup change is maybe the tardest idea i never see on sim . No one have to know what adjustement we are doing. No one know what rokzen gonna change when he stop to the pit. That's just adding spam to the chat and now we have to disconnect/trolling if we dont want that ppl see what adjustement we are doing. What a lost of time. This update is just good for jealous people who dont know how to make a setup so they have to know what people are doing .
I'd say that you're at least 90% of the sole reason these kinds of things are created.
Your resistance is further proof.
I kind of thought he was just messing with everyone but after seeing his reaction maybe not. I still doubt the holeshot config is worth it. You're basically betting on an early crash to minimize the time lost switching configs.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

JLV, could you shed a little light on the string of letters that is broadcast when I change a setup value? Is it a random code, or would it be possible to decipher what values I'm changing?

FWIW, a holeshot device is one of the only things I personally think is missing from the game, and I think it would be very fun to play with the height of the button for different conditions or suspension setups. I'm sure we could exploit it and do some fun freestyle stuff too!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Honda 138
Team: @Moto.Fails

Post by Honda 138 »

Wayyy mo betta
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

I think their might be an issue with this snapshot. By far the worst FPS I've raced with tonight since I've built my PC. Constant frame drops all moto.
Here's my FPS hist
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

https://clips.twitch.tv/QuaintSquareSri ... losoraptor

NEW FRONT WHEEL LOCK SETTING IS ON POINT GREAT JOB JOSH
only one to win something real from the game!
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

jlv wrote:Do I have to do anything special to make it happen? I tried running into some people and had no luck reproducing this.
Keeping an eye out for your name in the Ban Court.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

KTM57 wrote:JLV, could you shed a little light on the string of letters that is broadcast when I change a setup value? Is it a random code, or would it be possible to decipher what values I'm changing?

FWIW, a holeshot device is one of the only things I personally think is missing from the game, and I think it would be very fun to play with the height of the button for different conditions or suspension setups. I'm sure we could exploit it and do some fun freestyle stuff too!
It tells exactly which setting is being adjusted. It goes in order for suspension from top to bottom the letter dictates . High speed adjustments are capital letters and low speed is lower case letters.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Here's the list. Pretty much the same as the menu order.

l leveling
d roll_damping
a roll_limit_angle
x roll_limit_factor
d steering_damping
s steering_strength
m max_steering_force
d direct_steering
s slow_damping_speed
x slow_damping_factor
l land_damping_falloff
x land_damping_factor
l full_lock_speed
s restricted_lock_speed
a restricted_lock
c auto_clutch_rpms
f fbrake_torque
r rbrake_torque
d dab_speed
g front_sprocket
g rear_sprocket
C fork_compression
c fork_slow_compression
R fork_rebound
r fork_slow_rebound
s fork_spring_rate
p fork_preload
l fork_oil_level
C shock_compression
c shock_slow_compression
R shock_rebound
r shock_slow_rebound
s shock_spring_rate
p shock_preload
y rider_yspring
z rider_zspring
Y rider_ydamping
Z rider_zdamping
m rider_mass_distribution
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Excellent.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

can we get a toggle button for this? i could care less about seeing people change their setup.. just gets annoying tbh. I think atom is the only person in the world that cared..
238deanmaldona
Team: Underground RC

Post by 238deanmaldona »

Love the new snapshot. THANK YOU JLV its 1000times better
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

KaseoDip wrote:I think atom is the only person in the world that cared..
I think people are getting confused. I gotchu the original post.
"Guess I have to be the one to bring this up even though its been clear as day since Outdoors started. rF or JLV, looking forward to this readsetup strat to be addressed."

Anyways back to a productive topic. JLV, I reverted back to the 4-21 snapshot for the EU race and I had no noticeable frame drops. Granted there was 13 less riders, I don't think that was the factor though.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Atom6246 wrote:
KaseoDip wrote:I think atom is the only person in the world that cared..
I think people are getting confused. I gotchu the original post.
"Guess I have to be the one to bring this up even though its been clear as day since Outdoors started. rF or JLV, looking forward to this readsetup strat to be addressed."

Anyways back to a productive topic. JLV, I reverted back to the 4-21 snapshot for the EU race and I had no noticeable frame drops. Granted there was 13 less riders, I don't think that was the factor though.
Do you have the demo? Race against the demo on each snapshot and see if there’s a difference.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

aeffertz wrote:Do you have the demo? Race against the demo on each snapshot and see if there’s a difference.
I do, but don't feel it's necessary considering I linked a gyazo from the actual race on Wednesday night with substantial evidence of frame drops. As well as others noticing the same.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Atom6246 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:Do you have the demo? Race against the demo on each snapshot and see if there’s a difference.
I do, but don't feel it's necessary considering I linked a gyazo from the actual race on Wednesday night with substantial evidence of frame drops. As well as others noticing the same.
I'm just saying, if you can repeat it, do the reportstutter tool and maybe JLV can find what's causing it. The proof of frame drops is nice but I think he needs more to go off.