2020 KXF450 Release

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Fullwood
Team: Ballistic Decals

Re: 2020 KXF450 Release

Post by Fullwood »

RamonGS #182 wrote:
RamonGS #182 wrote:
D_ROY178 wrote:I Agree with Kyle's perspective, its a great first bike, better than any of the trash I make. Biggest areas for improvement imo would be fixing the norms, and in the future possibly make the bike slightly wider? In 3rd person it seems rather skinny like the older models used to be. Also when making a bike, you sometimes have to used your own initiative to bridge to gap between replicating the model and making it work for sim (pivot points). Dont be disheartened by the reponse from everyone, not long ago this would have been considered a top tier model. Great start.
yes I already did for me to render, but does not compare, render models, and models for mxs, for mxs you have to do high, extract a good normal map, make texture, spec between and create a good PSD. High poly you only do UVM of plastics the rest places materials and renders
srry, this is to Fullwood
yes i understand what you are trying to say, what im saying is your normal map got messed up somewhere in the process therefore making the model in game look like crap, and your color map is alright, though your shading is super messed up, did you even see the insane problem with the forks, there is a huge noticeable crease in the back of them, and your spec map is absolute garbage, also the materials applied to the model are trash as well because the plastics turned out a white/lime green mix and your pipe is yellow when the color map i made for it is clearly bronze meaning that you didnt have any good materials applied to anything on the bike, and your fork tubes are matte. here is a tutorial for materials use in blender, this will help out a lot

Blender 2.79 Tutorial 4 : https://youtu.be/9AHxuoYyJJk

and here is a tutorial on making a shading map using ambient occlusion, in my understanding it is the best way to make high quality shading.

Shading in Blender: Baking an Edge Map Using Ambient Occlusion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhMEBKuPYXY

and finally, this is what i recommend everyone use to create a color map, spec map, or Edge Map if you are just starting out, it is $20 a month, but very much worth it, i love using it although it does have a similar learning curve as blender, so i like to watch the youtube videos they have, it is a great and intuitive series on everything involved in the program and i think it would make an amazing looking model.

https://www.substance3d.com/products/substance-painter

here is their tutorials playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKGSAHL ... 8PHhkCRhFP

I've said this before and ill say it again, you do have a talent in making models, but i feel like if you just spent more time on it, you would have a much better outcome, never mind the modeling. your time would be better spent simple on perfecting the PSD. i feel like you are too involved in the wrong details and you are not focused on the ones that really complete the model such as the shading, spec map, and materials list. take Jeremy's bikes for example. if there was a sub par spec map and materials list, his bikes wouldn't look half as good as they currently do, and the spec map he helped make for the Fox V3 helmet is out of this world. also the spec map is clearly visible on the KTM and Husky gas tank and gas cap, and its those details that set it apart, i would like to see you put more effort in to this bike as i do truly believe it could be an amazing work of 3D art and could possibly even reach the bar that Jeremy has set in the modeling community, so ya theirs my speech, hopefully you don't ignore it as it contains very valuable information.
shawnhendrixs
Team: VirokCo.

Post by shawnhendrixs »

he doesnt model, he just rips the model off a 3D website, dude is a scumbag
RamonGS #182
Team: Privateer

Post by RamonGS #182 »

shawnhendrixs wrote:he doesnt model, he just rips the model off a 3D website, dude is a scumbag
My contact in Discord ramonzera # 4717
Ashe
Team: Trap House Inc.

Post by Ashe »

Smells Fishy
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

I see now what checkerz was talking about when he said the community was full of entitled kids expecting incredible flawless content to just come out of nowhere all the time.
zen-ef

Post by zen-ef »

Jrife548 wrote:I see now what checkerz was talking about when he said the community was full of entitled kids expecting incredible flawless content to just come out of nowhere all the time.

deffo not man, i get what youre trying to say but i mean you wouldnt release anything else that isnt up to par really, would you? not having a dig at all, im greatful for the free models kind people make and dish out. there has to be a standard but tbf i didnt notice anything other than the pivot points were really off and yeah the normal and shading or whatever theyre called is off but meh it has twin walls so thats a bonus lol!!
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

zen-ef wrote:
Jrife548 wrote:I see now what checkerz was talking about when he said the community was full of entitled kids expecting incredible flawless content to just come out of nowhere all the time.

deffo not man, i get what youre trying to say but i mean you wouldnt release anything else that isnt up to par really, would you? not having a dig at all, im greatful for the free models kind people make and dish out. there has to be a standard but tbf i didnt notice anything other than the pivot points were really off and yeah the normal and shading or whatever theyre called is off but meh it has twin walls so thats a bonus lol!!
I think you read that wrong, he was talkiong about all teh people bashing on it, when it's one of his first models. MAybe I'm the on that's wrong tho.
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

ColtHans wrote:
zen-ef wrote:

I think you read that wrong, he was talkiong about all teh people bashing on it, when it's one of his first models. MAybe I'm the on that's wrong tho.
I'm talkin about fullwood shitting on this dude. To be fair, there's no way in a million moons I'd spend money on this model, but that's not to say the model isn't worth anything. Also, Seth Garrett says he releases things that were completely half-assed all the time, just look at the Moses Ranch and Harris Hills :lol:
zen-ef

Post by zen-ef »

Jrife548 wrote:
ColtHans wrote:
zen-ef wrote:

I'm talkin about fullwood shitting on this dude. To be fair, there's no way in a million moons I'd spend money on this model, but that's not to say the model isn't worth anything. Also, Seth Garrett says he releases things that were completely half-assed all the time, just look at the Moses Ranch and Harris Hills :lol:

I get you man, yeah it was bang out of order going in on his model being a dick about it, the guy is doing a solid one and giving out his work for free!!!
Icant tell if thats sarcasm or not lol the moses ranch is pretty decent imo, not sure ive seen harris hills, will have to check that one out!
zen-ef

Post by zen-ef »

zen-ef wrote:
Jrife548 wrote:
ColtHans wrote: I think you read that wrong, he was talkiong about all teh people bashing on it, when it's one of his first models. MAybe I'm the on that's wrong tho.

I get you man, yeah it was bang out of order going in on his model being a dick about it, the guy is doing a solid one and giving out his work for free!!!
I cant tell if thats sarcasm or not lol the moses ranch is pretty decent imo, not sure ive seen harris hills, will have to check that one out!
LOL HARRIS HILLS yeah i got that one, its decent agin imo, a tad lazy as its basically the exact same as moses ranch but again both decent imo
RamonGS #182

Post by RamonGS #182 »

Acidreamer

Post by Acidreamer »

I literally never post on this forum but wanted to for this thread...

Ramon, while Fullwood is correct in the errors he pointed out, he is a total douche for doing it the way he did. Make the adjustments and youll have a nice model. I've done 3D CAD in the automotive industry for over 5 years and 4 years for school before that. I know what it takes to make good quality models. Fullwood has the attitude of a jealous 15 year old and its totally uncalled for. ignore that dude and keep doing what youre doing. Taking the time to learn blender and everything that goes with it to do this is nothing to snuff at.
ShortyMX
Team: Skullcandy

Post by ShortyMX »

Guideline on how to give constructive critism and not be a toxic member of the MXS community
Fullwood wrote:Wrong: Just a "few" Critiques as to why you should not sell this, and to inform the buyers of what they're getting.

Better: Good job and thank you for the free release, for your first model this is very good!
I'm working on a model for the KX450 as well, so here are some pointers on what you could do better next time.

1) you norms are (absolutely terrible) not bringing the full effect: they're either (must) not (be) applied, or not triangulated

2)(your front forks aren't color mapped and are not 1 piece. also your axle bolt doesn't even line up with whatever black dot that is on the color map.)

You can make the bike even more authentic by color mapping the fork lugs and making sure that the axle lines up perfectly.

3)(Bike Model does not match with the rider model nor the Pivot Points)

If you look closely you can see that the rider doesn't sit 100% correct on the bike. This is barely noticeable for 3rd person players but affects 1st person players a bit.

4)(I have absolutely no words...)

There is some kind of shading error on the fork tubes and the legs could use some factory bling bling anodization 8)

5)(again forks do not line up, your fender is going through your radiator, and the motor isn't even one piece.)

This is such a minor detail but I just wanted to add that your front fender goes through the radiator. I don't even think someone else really noticed this, no big deal. It's probably all good once you fix the pivot points and alignments.

6)(your subframe is sticking through the plastics and your airbox is dramatically incorrect.)

Modeling wise this is probably the biggest flaw, but I know things like these don't seem very important. But every detail counts! The subframe is sticking through the plastic here and the airbox looks a bit different irl.

7) your bolts consist of 4 edges, and your shock is not where near correct, your motor again is not 1 piece nor does it have shading, and your clutch cover shows no depth dude to shading and norms

I think the next few points are here because you didn't want to waste too much time on small errors, but they dull the look of the bike a little bit and are probably a relatively easy fix. The bolts are a little too simple and the engine looks like it's 2 seperate pieces because of the different colors. With better norms and shading this easily looks way better!

9)(again, models don't line up, and the front controls aren't even colored correctly)

Looks like you forgot to paint some things like the kill switch here. We've all been there!

10) lack of detail, your front forks should look like this:

Not this:

(Just don't make this point. Yeah, maybe you put in even more time and had more love for the details, but just comes of as blatant self praise.)

11) your upper and lower forks don't even line up properly

(No need to point out the same mistake 3 times just to make your critism look longer)

......*mic drop*

I hope these pointers help you to get even better! Don't be let down by them, I'm just trying to help. Hopefully the community will see more of this stuff in the future!
ImageImageImage
m121c

Post by m121c »

ShortyMx makes a good point. Criticism is good all around, I think Ramon has some to learn and work on, and I think Fullwood also has some things to work on in regards of communicating his criticism's in an effective way.

Just to add in some perspective, the pivot points for this game make modeling a bike 1,000x more difficult. You have to essentially start from the beginning of your model and work around them. I spent almost 2 weeks modifying my Honda to work with the pivot points and it's ultimately why I stopped my Yamaha project before it ever even took off.

Also Ramon, Fullwood does have a point on your normal maps, it looks like they are inverted to me. Props to committing to a full bike, it's a huge project.
RamonGS #182

Post by RamonGS #182 »

m121c wrote:ShortyMx makes a good point. Criticism is good all around, I think Ramon has some to learn and work on, and I think Fullwood also has some things to work on in regards of communicating his criticism's in an effective way.

Just to add in some perspective, the pivot points for this game make modeling a bike 1,000x more difficult. You have to essentially start from the beginning of your model and work around them. I spent almost 2 weeks modifying my Honda to work with the pivot points and it's ultimately why I stopped my Yamaha project before it ever even took off.

Also Ramon, Fullwood does have a point on your normal maps, it looks like they are inverted to me. Props to committing to a full bike, it's a huge project.
yep, the bike is already much better, I'll wait a while to repost, I'm doing all the textures and fixing the normalmap, some parts I've remodeled, and I'm doing some more parts, like fmf, plate cycla, and new bar