2020 KXF450 Release

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Re: 2020 KXF450 Release

Post by Andy_Hack »

Fullwood wrote:5)again forks do not line up, your fender is going through your radiator, and the motor isn't even one piece.
You don't have to make the motor a single polygon mesh, it's almost impossible to do that, I mean... not even the real engine is made out of one piece, but making the majority one polygon mesh definitely helps as long as it doesn't make things unnecessarily difficult.
But yeah, I agree with you and I on the other hand don't see anything wrong with your harsh words, it's just the truth and we all know that the truth sometimes hurts. We can only take it and improve from there.

The main problem I see here is laziness and lack of motivation, nothing else. Ramon obviously has good skills, but like so many others he obviously rather rushes things than actually getting things right first. I'm sorry, but I won't say thank you for that, it's like watching your chick eat pizza, she gives you one piece that she started to eat, but can't finish and expects a thank you from you because atleast she gave you something, like nah bro...

Let's see, the Diffuse map is trash, the norms look like they're OK, spec map is off and the wireframe is probably trash too.
Why don't you check on other models like DJ's Yamaha or Wilson's CRF, they're old but a great example of how a Wireframe should be. The wireframe is literally where you start from, if it's bad, you'll have big problems making good Diffuse, Specular and Normal Maps for it.
I'd actually go deeper into how you could improve your skills and models, but I did it so often and only a few would ever listen, in your case... well I think you're just too lazy to do it right and you're okay with the outcome. Need proof? Look at the exhaust end cap, is it really that hard to get a good carbon fiber texture? https://lmgtfy.com/?q=carbon+texture ...nope it's pure laziness.
If you really want to learn a thing or two, these might be useful:
DJs Yamaha: http://www.mediafire.com/file/okcb36rg4 ... R.zip/file Password: troll
Wilson's CRF: Model: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11061&p=251615#p251615
My KXF: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24737&p=482149#p482149
ColtHans wrote:because you seem to love to call people's work complete crap, yea this model isn't the greatest but still..you can give him, the advice w/out making him wanna stop making content
Snowflakes everywhere...
D_ROY178 wrote:Dont be disheartened by the reponse from everyone, not long ago this would have been considered a top tier model.
That's not true at all.
Jrife548 wrote:I see now what checkerz was talking about when he said the community was full of entitled kids expecting incredible flawless content to just come out of nowhere all the time.
Actually most people in sim don't see most of the flaws and I actually feel like people usually think that things are better than they really are. Look back to 2010-2013, that's when everyone was picky AF
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
ShortyMX
Team: Skullcandy

Post by ShortyMX »

Andy_Hack wrote: But yeah, I agree with you and I on the other hand don't see anything wrong with your harsh words, it's just the truth and we all know that the truth sometimes hurts. We can only take it and improve from there.

I'd actually go deeper into how you could improve your skills and models, but I did it so often and only a few would ever listen, in your case... well I think you're just too lazy to do it right and you're okay with the outcome. Need proof? Look at the exhaust end cap, is it really that hard to get a good carbon fiber texture?
I gotta agree with you, we sugercoat stuff way too much these days. Not everyone deserves a medal for everything and humbling experiences like defeat are important for building character.
There's a fine line between sugar coating and being not wrong but an asshole. And it's hard to find, but if I had to choose between sugar coating a bit too much and being a small asshole, I'd go for the sugar coat. Ultimately I want to write effective critism to help someone grow, not to point out mistakes that I wouldn't have made.
Don't expect someone to listen to your critism if you hurt their ego too much. Even if you're right and they should listen to it, they won't because that's human nature, only few can put their pride behind.
ImageImageImage
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

Andy_Hack wrote: blah blah blah
I will hurt you
RamonGS #182
Team: Privateer

Post by RamonGS #182 »

My contact in Discord ramonzera # 4717
lucas06martins
Crushed Dissenter
Team: L&R Racing

Post by lucas06martins »

Fullwood wrote:Just a "few" Critiques as to why you should not sell this, and to inform the buyers of what they're getting.

1) you norms are absolutely terrible or either must not be applied, or not triangulated

2)your front forks aren't color mapped and are not 1 piece. also your axle bolt doesn't even line up with whatever black dot that is on the color map.

3)Bike Model does not match with the rider model nor the Pivot Points

4)I have absolutely no words...

5)again forks do not line up, your fender is going through your radiator, and the motor isn't even one piece.

6)your subframe is sticking through the plastics and your airbox is dramatically incorrect.

7) your bolts consist of 4 edges, and your shock is not where near correct, your motor again is not 1 piece nor does it have shading, and your clutch cover shows no depth dude to shading and norms

9)again, models don't line up, and the front controls aren't even colored correctly

10) lack of detail, your front forks should look like this:

Not this:

11) your upper and lower forks don't even line up properly

......*mic drop*
chill
L&R Racing
PM for Discord
Lucas Martins 673
Rodrigo Borges 221
Kevin Peterson 278
Gear: https://www.mediafire.com/file/u87qihrj ... r.saf/file
Bike: https://www.mediafire.com/file/amdee14l ... a.saf/file