Triplescreen support?

Post your suggestions here
Hultman

Triplescreen support?

Post by Hultman »

Since vr seems hard to do why not triple screen support? I know for sure it will be more imersive and atm i can use it but its not optimized so doesnt really make a difference :)
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Triplescreen support?

Post by jlv »

I assume you mean different angles for each screen. I've never actually used multiple monitors myself. Is it just one really wide window with the 3 views rendered into each 3rd of the window? That wouldn't actually be too hard to do.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Itz Raidox
Team: Westeffex.com

Post by Itz Raidox »

jlv wrote:.
i assume hes talking about something like this
i always thought of it as the ingame peripheral vision or fov is widened
Smidly wrote:
Jeremy150 wrote:ARLINGTON PASSWORD
e/9v8ta/%ar{dV':/.>qhyT
really bro this is the best password you could come up with? smh bro
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

How if you merge your 3 monitors virtually to one?
Hultman

Post by Hultman »

I am using nvidia surround for my triple screen and it makes the 3 screens virtually one. That means the middle on is as normal and the left and right monitors are really stretched out :) Its not really about angles or such it is more about not getting the stretched image on the sides and also using this view to be able to see more about the bike and also get a so to say "correct FOV" like in simracing :) Also here is a pic of my setup dont know if you can see what i am talking about but hope it helps :)
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The stretching is because it's rendering to one big plane instead of 3 planes with the correct angles. In other words, it'd be correct if you had your monitors lined up in a flat plane, but with the outer monitors angled inward it the rendering needs to be done with 3 different projection planes to match the monitor angles.

That'd be easy to do although it'll mean rendering the scene 3 times.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Hultman

Post by Hultman »

Yes that would be correct, rendering 3 times is the general need for a Beefy computer. It would be sick to have though since i can have my monitors completely in my peripheral vision and so get a really impersive experience
motomaniak
Team: ART

Post by motomaniak »

Ive played on 3 screens for a while. I used AMD eyefinity to create a screen resolution of 5760x1080. HUD is on the side screens and there's stretching on the side screens as well but I could see a 40 man gate lined up.
Tim Aarntzen | ART/MFG
Hultman

Post by Hultman »

motomaniak wrote:Ive played on 3 screens for a while. I used AMD eyefinity to create a screen resolution of 5760x1080. HUD is on the side screens and there's stretching on the side screens as well but I could see a 40 man gate lined up.
Yes i agree, thats what i mean about it being cool to render 3 screens and to get rid of all the stretching and get a clearer picture :)