Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.

What would you prefer when it comes to discord.

Have a central hub for people to use like the HeyThereGuy TS and every team can have there own section or channel?
86%
Have discord the way it is now in a million different servers?
14%

Total votes: 63

skraks
Team: Evergood

Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Post by skraks »

The other night i took a throw back to the 2015-2016 mx simulator days and compared it to now. I knew the community had changed over the last few years obviously but i had no clue how much it had changed. From creators to communication such as the HeyThereGuy teamspeak we really have taken a step down (not dissing the current creators we have because you guys are really holding us in and producing quality content). Sure some aspects of the community have evolved for the better such as model quality and the way we race (erode, new rF owners and even mxsemf for a season) but it still does not feel the same whatsoever. I personally would like to see the community the way it was back then even if it means starting small. After talking to some people in the rF discord about what has changed and getting some ideas back i figured id see what other peoples thoughts were on the current state and what they would like to see.

So please leave your input below :)
Ddavis

Re: Mx Simulator Discord Proposal

Post by Ddavis »

Mullins killed teamspeak.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

In all seriousness though, ddosers killed TS. As far as I know you can't track IPs through discord, and discord also has easily accessible text channels that was harder to use with TS while comparing it to Discord.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Did you say throwback to 2015? Being as I had played for 4 years then stopped in 2014 what was it like at that time? What killed it for me was the paid model and need for .saf's instead of everyone just sharing work and helping (not turning this into a paid discussion I'm for you getting money, chill). Why do you think things have gotten worse continuing from that time period?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Well I guess it is nice to be considered 'the' HeyThereGuy..
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I think what ruined the community was when I was given addresses and passwords to said TS servers.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

I love teamspeak I still have a ts server.
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

Vanderlee losing his virginity killed this game/teamspeak
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

Ddavis wrote:In all seriousness though, ddosers killed TS. As far as I know you can't track IPs through discord, and discord also has easily accessible text channels that was harder to use with TS while comparing it to Discord.
you can track ip's on discord, alot harder tho -heard a from a friend
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

It’s an old game in a niche sport. No real surprise shits not popping off. Even in the years you listed, it was still tight-knit, even with teamspeak.

There’s an easy fix to paid content. Make the things people are paying for or want and release it for free. I haven’t looked at the available PSDs recently but I liked it when people did the paid exclusive and then a public release after a year or something.

The thing I dislike the most is how spread out the community is, it’s hard to even know what all is available or who’s who or what’s going on. There’s the forum, discord, TS, Facebook pages for content creators, etc. and each platform seems to have its own user base and a lot of them don’t seem to cross over for whatever reason. And that’s not a MXS problem, thats the problem for tons of websites/forums. Social media killed forums and forums always had more of a community aspect where you could actually start to know the user base because it was the only real place to talk about whatever.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

aeffertz wrote:The thing I dislike the most is how spread out the community is, it’s hard to even know what all is available or who’s who or what’s going on. There’s the forum, discord, TS, Facebook pages for content creators, etc. and each platform seems to have its own user base and a lot of them don’t seem to cross over for whatever reason. And that’s not a MXS problem, thats the problem for tons of websites/forums. Social media killed forums and forums always had more of a community aspect where you could actually start to know the user base because it was the only real place to talk about whatever.
My exact opinions too. Well said.
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

wheres the discord link at then champion
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Post by Finalmushroom »

skraks wrote:The other night i took a throw back to the 2015-2016 mx simulator days and compared it to now. I knew the community had changed over the last few years obviously but i had no clue how much it had changed. From creators to communication such as the HeyThereGuy teamspeak we really have taken a step down (not dissing the current creators we have because you guys are really holding us in and producing quality content). Sure some aspects of the community have evolved for the better such as model quality and the way we race (erode, new rF owners and even mxsemf for a season) but it still does not feel the same whatsoever. I personally would like to see the community the way it was back then even if it means starting small. After talking to some people in the rF discord about what has changed and getting some ideas back i figured id see what other peoples thoughts were on the current state and what they would like to see.

So please leave your input below :)
I've love a community Discord (if there isn't one already) that I can get on and get to know some people. I've really stopped playing as much and really have gotten into PUBG and Squad due to the community. Maybe its the people who play or just the ability to get into a game and easily talk to people that I enjoy, but there's something to be said here. Games are much more fun playing with friends and I think if we create an environment that allows us to do so easily, we'd get more individuals to play and chill out!

Also, it does seem harder to find chill people in this community compared to others. Maybe its just me but every time I get online on this game I'm quickly reminded why I stay offline. Kids T-boning and talking shit on text really gets old. IDK. :mrgreen: