Looking back at opponents?

Post your suggestions here
IttayOren174
Team: Privateer

Looking back at opponents?

Post by IttayOren174 »

What do you guys think about a button that allows you to look back, like in other video games and in real life? Imagine being able to jump something, look at where the other guy is behind you, and defend your position accordingly?
DougBauer19
Team: Goon Wagon

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Post by DougBauer19 »

As cool as this would be, at the end of the day this game is a simulator and that'd ruin the "simulation" even more.
IttayOren174

Post by IttayOren174 »

DougBauer19 wrote:As cool as this would be, at the end of the day this game is a simulator and that'd ruin the "simulation" even more.
In what way? This is just a thing people actually do when racing in real life...
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I'd rather have seconds ahead of the rider behind you before a "look back" feature.
nathanjames

Post by nathanjames »

I quickly toggle to the rider behind me and then back to myself in the air to do this.
DougBauer19
Team: Goon Wagon

Post by DougBauer19 »

IttayOren174 wrote:
DougBauer19 wrote:As cool as this would be, at the end of the day this game is a simulator and that'd ruin the "simulation" even more.
In what way? This is just a thing people actually do when racing in real life...
I dont see it too much. Besides you have a minimap most of the time that shows where the other people are.
white327
Team: MotoPro GFX

Post by white327 »

DougBauer19 wrote:
IttayOren174 wrote:
I dont see it too much. Besides you have a minimap most of the time that shows where the other people are.
I dont know what racing you watch, but riders do that all the time.
C.K.234
Team: MXS Magazine KTM

Post by C.K.234 »

white327 wrote:
DougBauer19 wrote:
IttayOren174 wrote: In what way? This is just a thing people actually do when racing in real life...
I dont know what racing you watch, but riders do that all the time.
Thats right, but im not sure if this was a good addition to the game
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

Yes, looking back would be too realistic for this simulator. Instead, I'll look to my mini map that I also have in real life to track the positions of every rider on the track.
IttayOren174

Post by IttayOren174 »

Jrife548 wrote:Yes, looking back would be too realistic for this simulator. Instead, I'll look to my mini map that I also have in real life to track the positions of every rider on the track.
And ofcrouse if you foget to turn on your minimap in real life you constantly have a pitboard with the seconds behind :)

I dunno bout you guys but that giant ass arrow is in the way of the small white dots. Plus seeing your opponent > seeing how far behind he is, since you can predict his path (i.e "he looks like he's going for a blockpass, I'mma undercut him" - me at an actual race)
white327
Team: MotoPro GFX

Post by white327 »

IttayOren174 wrote:
Jrife548 wrote:Yes, looking back would be too realistic for this simulator. Instead, I'll look to my mini map that I also have in real life to track the positions of every rider on the track.
And ofcrouse if you foget to turn on your minimap in real life you constantly have a pitboard with the seconds behind :)

I dunno bout you guys but that giant ass arrow is in the way of the small white dots. Plus seeing your opponent > seeing how far behind he is, since you can predict his path (i.e "he looks like he's going for a blockpass, I'mma undercut him" - me at an actual race)

+100. You won.
C.K.234

Post by C.K.234 »

IttayOren174 wrote:

Yeah im all for making sim more realistic, but if you wanna take it to that level of realism then i think there should be locked roost in servers and u should be able to pull tear offs
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

lookin back only slows you down :wink:
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

C.K.234 wrote:Yeah im all for making sim more realistic, but if you wanna take it to that level of realism then i think there should be locked roost in servers and u should be able to pull tear offs
That would just make things harder/more frustrating and cause problems, looking back would only help.
C.K.234

Post by C.K.234 »

Jrife548 wrote:
C.K.234 wrote:Yeah im all for making sim more realistic, but if you wanna take it to that level of realism then i think there should be locked roost in servers and u should be able to pull tear offs
That would just make things harder/more frustrating and cause problems, looking back would only help.
have u ever seen a motocross race without roost? ...no. Its pretty unrealistic that u can just turn ur roost off. And if it was forced in servers it would add another level to the game, you would have to take different lines if a rider is in front of you to avpid the roost, thatsb how it is irl.