Still Getting stutters

Post your questions here
Den-dieter
Team: 347 Racing

Re: Still Getting stutters

Post by Den-dieter »

jlv wrote:How long are they? Type "/fpshist" to get a framerate histogram and post it here.
128=24561 64=994 32=15 16=2 8=0 4=0 2=0 1=1

I've still got stutters that prevent me from shifting up or dabbing... (tested in MP with 14 others riders, i was in specta mode..)
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Den-dieter wrote:
jlv wrote:How long are they? Type "/fpshist" to get a framerate histogram and post it here.

I've still got stutters that prevent me from shifting up or dabbing... (tested in MP with 14 others riders, i was in specta mode..)
That actually looks pretty solid. Almost all 128. The 1 1 was probably just from loading.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Den-dieter
Team: 347 Racing

Post by Den-dieter »

jlv wrote:
Den-dieter wrote:

That actually looks pretty solid. Almost all 128. The 1 1 was probably just from loading.
But its different everytime, and the more people in a server the less my game reacts to my controller input
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Den-dieter wrote:
jlv wrote:
Den-dieter wrote: 128=24561 64=994 32=15 16=2 8=0 4=0 2=0 1=1

But its different everytime, and the more people in a server the less my game reacts to my controller input
Open the game, go into a server. Type /fpshist when you start a race with a LOT OF RIDERS (to reset it), then type it again after the race is finished, that way you'll have grabbed only the fps history from the race. Maybe that is quite different, especially if it's a packed server.
ColtonD719
Team: Privateer

Post by ColtonD719 »

I just finished the rF ams race on Washougal. The first half of moto 1 things were running pretty smoothly, but later in the moto it got progressively stuttery, to the point where it was nearly unplayable. Between motos I quickly tried turning graphics settings down, but moto 2 was stuttery from start to finish. When I could glance at the FPS it was reading much higher than it looked, often in the 100-115 range, but it did seem to randomly drop below 60 for split seconds.

I forgot the /reportstutter function during the race, but I did get the /fpshist:
Moto 1: Image
Moto 2: Image

And here are the graphics settings I used for moto 2:

I'm on a Mac, so I've come to assume that buttery smooth performance just may not be possible, but this was much worse than I've experienced before. Is there any solution? Single player generally runs much much smoother, even with higher graphics settings.

I'm running the game on Windows 10 Home via Parallels. Here are my Mac's specs:
MacOS Version 10.15.5
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
RAM: 40 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 (8GB is accessible to Parallels)
Graphics Card: Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

I didn't have any other programs open during the race and I was not demo recording. When I checked the Windows Resource Monitor, the CPU was at 22% and everything else seemed at normal levels.

Thanks!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Probably from erode. Try going up a little on the reshade delay. I really need to thread the erode code.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.