2019-11-17 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Faltsu

Re: 2019-11-17 snapshot

Post by Faltsu »

jlv wrote:
dawsonsleeper wrote:whats everyone running their gimbal at?
When I was choosing the range for it I was aiming for 50 being a good setting.
Im using 40 right now but probably gona go up to 50 at some point
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I love how people ask what the setting does most likely without trying it first. Just move the slider all the way one way, try it, then try it all the way in the opposite direction, then try it in the middle. If you can't tell the difference, then don't touch it.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
waynesim
Team: Privateer

Post by waynesim »

Wow! Thank you so much for this update JLV, the 1st person gimbal in my opinion.. is the best addition to gameplay in some time and absolutely love the effect. For myself, the only thing that's missing now. . .is a ground shadow for the bike and rider. I know its probably difficult to achieve but will this ever happen, any insight there please?

And a huge thanks to JLV for the continued development of this awesome pastime :)
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

waynesim wrote:Wow! Thank you so much for this update JLV, the 1st person gimbal in my opinion.. is the best addition to gameplay in some time and absolutely love the effect. For myself, the only thing that's missing now. . .is a ground shadow for the bike and rider. I know its probably difficult to achieve but will this ever happen, any insight there please?

And a huge thanks to JLV for the continued development of this awesome pastime :)
Shadows aren't that complicated. Basically render the z-buffer for the scene from the light's viewpoint, then during the regular render check against the light Z buffer to see if the current fragment is further from the light than the Z value. Definitely something the game should have but I suspect most people will turn it off due to the framerate cost of the extra pass.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

jlv wrote:Shadows aren't that complicated. Basically render the z-buffer for the scene from the light's viewpoint, then during the regular render check against the light Z buffer to see if the current fragment is further from the light than the Z value. Definitely something the game should have but I suspect most people will turn it off due to the framerate cost of the extra pass.
It would still be good to have the option there for edits and screenshots
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

LOL
Alex V111#1017
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote:...most people will turn it off due to the framerate cost of the extra pass.
Framerates over 30 are fine with me since video is 30 fps.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
jlv wrote:...most people will turn it off due to the framerate cost of the extra pass.
Framerates over 30 are fine with me since video is 30 fps.
Personally I prefer the cinematic 24fps look.
Fluffy101

Post by Fluffy101 »

I'm not sure why but every time I put in the new snapshot then take out the old one it looses the game files
oxysz
Team: -OneEightSeven-

Post by oxysz »

Question, in the last few months has there been any fix to compatibility with newest version of windows and mx sim for controllers. got a new pc last December and cant play sim since. whatever is different with the way the do controllers it messed up. Tried xbox 360 xone ps4 . everything including drivers.
C.K.234
Team: MXS Magazine KTM

Post by C.K.234 »

jlv wrote:
waynesim wrote:Wow! Thank you so much for this update JLV, the 1st person gimbal in my opinion.. is the best addition to gameplay in some time and absolutely love the effect. For myself, the only thing that's missing now. . .is a ground shadow for the bike and rider. I know its probably difficult to achieve but will this ever happen, any insight there please?

Shadows aren't that complicated. Basically render the z-buffer for the scene from the light's viewpoint, then during the regular render check against the light Z buffer to see if the current fragment is further from the light than the Z value. Definitely something the game should have but I suspect most people will turn it off due to the framerate cost of the extra pass.
shadows would be so sick
celtex
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer Life

Post by celtex »

It didn’t fix A1 for me. But 2020 round the corner
Lucas118x

Post by Lucas118x »

Soo, not that good with computers and stuff like that (im still learning). I downloaded the snapshot, but now how do I set it up?
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Lucas118x wrote:Soo, not that good with computers and stuff like that (im still learning). I downloaded the snapshot, but now how do I set it up?
Rename it to just mx.exe and replace the mx.exe file in your program files (x86) / MX Simulator folder.
skoal ruff

Post by skoal ruff »

how do you apply this to the game?