How to start racing?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
walshy782

How to start racing?

Post by walshy782 »

Hi, How do I start racing in mx simulator? I have watch Start Your Systems for a few years now and decided to purchase the game. I would love to get into racing but I do not know how to start.
Michael Dieringer
Team: Privateer

Re: How to start racing?

Post by Michael Dieringer »

So what I did when I first started was I got familiar with the physics and just the plain basics of the game and that took me a while to get down and this was accomplished by riding on the stock tracks and also riding a 250F. And then after that, since I had been riding on the stock tracks at elsinore 19800, I decided to move onto the Pro AMA tracks and learned how to hit the ruts and all the jumps and stuff. After I mastered the outdoor tracks, I learned supercross and got the basics down for it and started out on the older tracks like the ones from 2011-2013 and then I got better as time went on. This whole learning process for me was done in multiplayer since at the time, there was more people to play with. But while I was learning the basics for both outdoors and supercross, I started competing against others which allowed me to gain speed and consistency and I did this every single day for at least 2 hours since there was a lot more people on sim at the time then today. So then when I started beating Am's and Pro's online, that was when I felt confident enough to actually race and so I did and got top tens.

So thats the way I started, obviously it's gonna be different for you because there is not many people that still play Mx Simulator unfortunately compared to 2016, hopefully that will change in the future. But ideally, thats the way you should start but just learn the basics first and then go from there. Let me know if you have any questions.
SonOfDonkey

Post by SonOfDonkey »

Michael Dieringer wrote:So what I did when I first started was I got familiar with the physics and just the plain basics of the game and that took me a while to get down and this was accomplished by riding on the stock tracks and also riding a 250F. And then after that, since I had been riding on the stock tracks at elsinore 19800, I decided to move onto the Pro AMA tracks and learned how to hit the ruts and all the jumps and stuff. After I mastered the outdoor tracks, I learned supercross and got the basics down for it and started out on the older tracks like the ones from 2011-2013 and then I got better as time went on. This whole learning process for me was done in multiplayer since at the time, there was more people to play with. But while I was learning the basics for both outdoors and supercross, I started competing against others which allowed me to gain speed and consistency and I did this every single day for at least 2 hours since there was a lot more people on sim at the time then today. So then when I started beating Am's and Pro's online, that was when I felt confident enough to actually race and so I did and got top tens.

So thats the way I started, obviously it's gonna be different for you because there is not many people that still play Mx Simulator unfortunately compared to 2016, hopefully that will change in the future. But ideally, thats the way you should start but just learn the basics first and then go from there. Let me know if you have any questions.
actually a helpful comment for beginners instead of just "practice,practice,practice" nice one man!!
Michael Dieringer

Thanks man! But yeah, one thing I would like to add is watch the Start Your Systems tutorials, those will really help as well and Kellen does a great job with those. Maybe use his Stability and Suspension setup in the tutorials, it could help you more as well.

You're right, just saying practice, practice, practice doesn't really help at all for the beginners out there, you goda go in depth and really explain what to do or what you did to get on that level.
walshy782

Post by walshy782 »

Michael Dieringer wrote:So what I did when I first started was I got familiar with the physics and just the plain basics of the game and that took me a while to get down and this was accomplished by riding on the stock tracks and also riding a 250F. And then after that, since I had been riding on the stock tracks at elsinore 19800, I decided to move onto the Pro AMA tracks and learned how to hit the ruts and all the jumps and stuff. After I mastered the outdoor tracks, I learned supercross and got the basics down for it and started out on the older tracks like the ones from 2011-2013 and then I got better as time went on. This whole learning process for me was done in multiplayer since at the time, there was more people to play with. But while I was learning the basics for both outdoors and supercross, I started competing against others which allowed me to gain speed and consistency and I did this every single day for at least 2 hours since there was a lot more people on sim at the time then today. So then when I started beating Am's and Pro's online, that was when I felt confident enough to actually race and so I did and got top tens.

Thank you for the explanation, is there any races for novice players?
Michael Dieringer

I don't really know for sure but I don't think so.
walshy782

Post by walshy782 »

Michael Dieringer wrote:I don't really know for sure but I don't think so.
Ok, thank you.
celtex
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer Life

Post by celtex »

walshy782 wrote:

another way to get better at the game is grind the 2017 tracks. Don’t go for speed. Once u can make ur way around the track without falling u can start learning how to double through rythem sections. Time trials can also really help. If u want more advice u can add my discord Eade#1240. The discord might not work but if ur in an rF discord or emf u should be able to find me in the member list thing.
walshy782

Post by walshy782 »

celtex wrote:
walshy782 wrote:

another way to get better at the game is grind the 2017 tracks. Don’t go for speed. Once u can make ur way around the track without falling u can start learning how to double through rythem sections. Time trials can also really help. If u want more advice u can add my discord Eade#1240. The discord might not work but if ur in an rF discord or emf u should be able to find me in the member list thing.
Where do I find the EMF & RF discord?
JamesLayle721
Crushed Dissenter
Team: JL Designs

Post by JamesLayle721 »

walshy782 wrote:
celtex wrote:
walshy782 wrote: Thank you for the explanation, is there any races for novice players?
Where do I find the EMF & RF discord?
EMF: https://discord.gg/h8YzBWS
RF: idk
Discord: James Layle#0721
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

emf is still around?
JamesLayle721
Crushed Dissenter
Team: JL Designs

Post by JamesLayle721 »

nickuzick wrote:emf is still around?
idk about pro but fun races and stuff are still held on the site.
Discord: James Layle#0721
celtex
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer Life

Post by celtex »