THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2020 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Organize races and post results here
WillSt24
Team: BPC

Re: THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2020 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Post by WillSt24 »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote: Especially with erode and how it is currently in SX, you as a lapper need to get out of the main line at minimum and not go in the rut on the berm if they are close.. There isn't exactly many options for the faster racer to get by if a person as a lapper is occupying the main rut in a corner which is usually barring a mistake the one place most time is gained.
Exactly, and I feel like this is not the way it should be. With erode, there is only one line around the track. A single huge rut with weird kickers in almost every corner that if you happen to go out of, you crash or either lose time as no other line is as good as the main one. I was watching the race with Hunter and we were talking about how hard it is to make a move or pass someone (riders that tried on Walter, for example). You cannot really blockpass, scrub and cut into a corner and more like before. I don’t think that’s the case Outdoors but in Supercross, it feels way more one lined that it used to be without. I do remember so races that had 2-3 well built ruts in corners but never saw that kind of erode again. Just my 2 cents here but there needs to be some progress
| WILLIAM ST-LAURENT |
MXS best finish : 2nd [SX] 3rd [MX]
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Erode should not be used in SX. It makes passing individuals almost impossible unless they crash or you get a better run than them in the whoops. Block passing is nearly impossible. I would love to see the next round be no erode and see how the racing is. I bet it would be much better. Erode is literally making some of the fastest people in the game stop playing because it shouldn't be used for SX.
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

No dog in this fight, but I saw nothing wrong with the GIFs

I never even thought about someone behind me until it was under 1 second and I knew it was the exact same when I came to lap people. If it falls under one second in a section where slowing up makes you even more of a hazard, I.E. not jumping things because you don't have the speed, then tough titties to the leaders. That's how it works.

I'm interested in watching lead battles as a broadcaster more than anything, but it's wildly unfair to lappers to be that critical. Not everyone can be an alien, so a 13th or 15th can be really huge and exciting to some. If you make it so they have to really start thinking about the blue bar right when they get it, not only are they suddenly losing good opportunities, but you potentially make them a bigger risk because they have to slow unusually to think about getting out of the way and could crash.
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I kinda thought people were trying to pick gnat shit out of pepper with expectations of lappers. You cemented it. If they want it to be so realistic, don't bitch about such realistic things. The punting has always been misinterpreted as "That's how you race." So immature.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Osari52 wrote:No dog in this fight, but I saw nothing wrong with the GIFs

I never even thought about someone behind me until it was under 1 second and I knew it was the exact same when I came to lap people. If it falls under one second in a section where slowing up makes you even more of a hazard, I.E. not jumping things because you don't have the speed, then tough titties to the leaders. That's how it works.

I'm interested in watching lead battles as a broadcaster more than anything, but it's wildly unfair to lappers to be that critical. Not everyone can be an alien, so a 13th or 15th can be really huge and exciting to some. If you make it so they have to really start thinking about the blue bar right when they get it, not only are they suddenly losing good opportunities, but you potentially make them a bigger risk because they have to slow unusually to think about getting out of the way and could crash.
I know everyone is going to come in here and try to say I'm a bad lapper, but in reality I'd say I do a pretty good job of getting out of the way and yeah I agree with Kellen that I don't think about moving out of the way in SX until it's at 1 second or less. Everyone in the main event should be fast enough to run a pace where behind 1 second ahead of the leader shouldn't put him at risk of crashing. However, I disconnected from the main event at A1 because it got to the point where I was riding so bad that I was interfering with the lead battles and I disconnected because I was going to ruin more people's races, but there's guys riding in 15th who might be in front of a leader for 3 straightaways before moving, didn't slow up the leader, but the leader thinks he has the right to brake check and ruin the lappers race.
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

Can we do a poll about doing erode in SX? Like everyone said, it's hard to even make a pass, let a lone be a good lapper. Last year in the race's I did make the main, the best way for me to be a good lapper, was go off the track, and lose positions in my own race bc I didn't want to take the chance of lawn darting in front of 1st to 3rd and causing myself to get banned. +1 no erode SX, +100 Erode in Outdoors.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

Personally, I think erode in sx should not be used or be extremely limited in corners / rhythm lanes. I miss the days of getting on the gas early in the corner and cutting down to make a move on someone. This allowed better racing and also people with good race craft could use their skills and put moves on people. Right now, with one big rut in the corner, its just not fun as I think it could be (in my opinion).
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I don't think erode ever hit the level that the track creators hoped it would get to. At this point, they've spent so many hours into developing the erode that they don't want to just ditch it, but overall I think that'd be best for the racing. Erode has been super sick outdoors, though.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Agreed with kasey and Kellen again.

I’ve been one of the first and loudest voices IMO on the “erode has no place is SX” for the longest time. I really wish it would just go away. Nationals even I’m still 50/50 on. It just isn’t where it needs to be and hasn’t been for years. It’s not a we need more practice races it’s a mechanics issue. And it’s one of the reasons I lost interest in sx racing.

And I can’t believe that the <1.0 second unspoken rule isn’t more known i guess... if you’re having a bad race you can literally have a few messy early laps and ride 15 minutes with a constant blue bar. I wish I was on the protest board because it seems like there’s so many weird takes on things that screw people over.

Remember chase b getting yeeted off the side of hangtown hill? Lol
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

how did Tyler Scheels get no penalty lol
WillSt24
Team: BPC

Post by WillSt24 »

Dunivant25 wrote:Can we do a poll about doing erode in SX? Like everyone said, it's hard to even make a pass, let a lone be a good lapper. Last year in the race's I did make the main, the best way for me to be a good lapper, was go off the track, and lose positions in my own race bc I didn't want to take the chance of lawn darting in front of 1st to 3rd and causing myself to get banned. +1 no erode SX, +100 Erode in Outdoors.
Here is a poll I made on May 29, 2019 after the SX season and first 2 MX rounds I believe.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52374

« Would you rather race with or without erode? » according to this poll, it is 50/50
| WILLIAM ST-LAURENT |
MXS best finish : 2nd [SX] 3rd [MX]
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

I've always been of the opinion that the main problem with erode is the inability to see it.
Trevor#91
Team: Proline Designs

Post by Trevor#91 »

ROSE822 wrote:how did Tyler Scheels get no penalty lol
lol right
ColtonM

Post by ColtonM »

KaseoDip wrote:Erode should not be used in SX. It makes passing individuals almost impossible unless they crash or you get a better run than them in the whoops. Block passing is nearly impossible. I would love to see the next round be no erode and see how the racing is. I bet it would be much better. Erode is literally making some of the fastest people in the game stop playing because it shouldn't be used for SX.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Racers52 wrote:I've always been of the opinion that the main problem with erode is the inability to see it.
It's also very taxing on computers. I wouldn't even say I have that bad of a PC, but you need a rocket ship PC to play Sim with high settings comfortably at 125 fps with erode and unfortunately I can stream and have decently high settings without erode at 125 fps, but throw in erode and it's 60-70 fps. A lot of people quit racing sim due to lag reasons alone because they didn't want to, or couldn't afford to spent $1,000+ on computer parts .