Fps??? Help, Currently unplayable

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Sandwiz194
Team: The Bakery Film Co

Fps??? Help, Currently unplayable

Post by Sandwiz194 »

Just asking for some assistance with my fps. Can't really play online servers as i get around 15 fps. If anyone could lend a hand or some advice on what to do that'd be great
Thanks

aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Re: Fps??? Help, Currently unplayable

Post by aeffertz »

What's your computer hardware?
Sandwiz194

Post by Sandwiz194 »

aeffertz wrote:What's your computer hardware?
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) m5-6Y54 CPU @ 1.10 GHZ 1.51 GHZ
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 515
RAM: 8.00 GB

Any other specs?
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Sandwiz194 wrote:

Any other specs?
Oof. That is pretty low spec... First thing is to enable ground mipmaps. See where that gets you. Don't know if that will help much but I think you may have have some luck if you switch the terrain rendering to software/copy instead of hardware/direct.
Sandwiz194

Post by Sandwiz194 »

aeffertz wrote:
Sandwiz194 wrote:

Any other specs?
Oof. That is pretty low spec... First thing is to enable ground mipmaps. See where that gets you. Don't know if that will help much but I think you may have have some luck if you switch the terrain rendering to software/copy instead of hardware/direct.
Not that much better, but hanks anyway for your help :)
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Dang. Yeah the minimum specs for the base game (not including user created tracks/bikes/gear/etc.) is a 2 GHz CPU and your laptop runs quite a bit slower than that so I'm not sure there is much you can really do, unfortunately.
Sandwiz194

Post by Sandwiz194 »

aeffertz wrote:Dang. Yeah the minimum specs for the base game (not including user created tracks/bikes/gear/etc.) is a 2 GHz CPU and your laptop runs quite a bit slower than that so I'm not sure there is much you can really do, unfortunately.
OOf LoL, sChoOl CoMputEr bE HitTin DiffeReNt
tessari99
Team: Privateer

Post by tessari99 »

I also have a big problem with fps even having a somewhat "decent" pc. Its an I3 4330 3,5 ghz with an gtx 1650 4gb with a good memory clock, 8gb of ram also. Mostly on new supercross tracks if there is more than 3 players i will have horrible fps.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

tessari99 wrote:I also have a big problem with fps even having a somewhat "decent" pc. Its an I3 4330 3,5 ghz with an gtx 1650 4gb with a good memory clock, 8gb of ram also. Mostly on new supercross tracks if there is more than 3 players i will have horrible fps.
Post a screenshot of your settings too.
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

tessari99 wrote:I also have a big problem with fps even having a somewhat "decent" pc. Its an I3 4330 3,5 ghz with an gtx 1650 4gb with a good memory clock, 8gb of ram also. Mostly on new supercross tracks if there is more than 3 players i will have horrible fps.
Probably just bottlenecking, you have an extremely out dated cpu with a good gpu which is causing the cpu to struggle at keeping up with the gpu and can make it all run slower.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Sandwiz194 wrote:

Any other specs?
You should run the stock models. I'd try enabling shaders since it'll speed up rendering the rider models. If you turn "model geometric detail" down to the single digits it'll drop distant objects which can help for really slow computers.

Nice to see that your system apparently has working framebuffer object and shader support despite being low end. What does your driver info in the graphics menu say?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Sandwiz194

Post by Sandwiz194 »

jlv wrote:
Sandwiz194 wrote:

Any other specs?
You should run the stock models. I'd try enabling shaders since it'll speed up rendering the rider models. If you turn "model geometric detail" down to the single digits it'll drop distant objects which can help for really slow computers.

Nice to see that your system apparently has working framebuffer object and shader support despite being low end. What does your driver info in the graphics menu say?

Currently, have my game files in Onedrive (cloud), would that be affecting anything
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Sandwiz194 wrote:Currently, have my game files in Onedrive (cloud), would that be affecting anything
Probably slower loading times if the files you need aren't cached. Thanks for the driver info.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.