BAC: 2020 Rd. 1 Anaheim

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
white327
Team: MotoPro GFX

Re: BAC: 2020 Rd. 1 Anaheim

Post by white327 »

When’s Round 2 coming out? :)
Erichellgren
Team: RockstarHusky

Post by Erichellgren »

Just do a series with all tracks :lol:
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

rsbdotexe wrote:Damn, this track is solid man. I wish they would recruit you to make some of the tracks for the rf SX series.
As soon as it has an rF label on, people will complain. Happens to every track maker.
ktm161
Team: Underground RC

Post by ktm161 »

aeffertz wrote:As soon as it has an rF label on, people will complain. Happens to every track maker.
lets try it haha
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

aeffertz wrote:As soon as it has an rF label on, immature people will complain. Happens to every track maker.
FTFY. The majority love the effort, Aeffertz. YES! I got to do that in a sentence! Been waiting for so long.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

aeffertz wrote:
rsbdotexe wrote:Damn, this track is solid man. I wish they would recruit you to make some of the tracks for the rf SX series.
As soon as it has an rF label on, people will complain. Happens to every track maker.
I've deleted 15 posts, if I make this one, it's a miracle otherwise it's just another lost one.

Being part of the rF track crew sucks. You know hundreds of guys will spend hundred to thousands of laps on your track with only a goal of a laptime.

If they achieve it, feel it, flow with it, it's the best track ever... but they enjoy it so much they don't post on it.

If they don't achieve it, don't feel it, don't flow with it, or don't get their desired result, it's the worst track ever. They're pissed, quit the game and post about it. Or they crash and say it in game.

As a LONGTIME...very long...old ass... creator... you will hear you suck, you don't put effort in, you're stupid, you don't know what you're doing, you didn't try, you don't know dirt bikes, etc. etc. etc.

In fact, you hear that more than you hear the few good things because only one guy wins, 3 podium (per class) and as a whole hundreds either don't qualify, don't podium, or don't live up to their expectations.

Thick skin or not, it sucks. Even when you're proven, confident, and know you're doing your best, it still sucks.

I can say, this year with a mostly new crew, they aren't as proven or confident (guessing becauase they haven't done all this before to this extent) and will take it more personally. After years being paid a lot of money to do it for a corporation for millions of consumers, I still took it personally in our community; so I can't image today's guys.

Just saying, I'm surprised anyone is still going, so make sure ot be extra respectful and hold your "jokes" back. IMO it's the only hope of you making progress and keeping this going from an outsider.
rsbdotexe
Team: Privateer

Post by rsbdotexe »

checkerz wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
I've deleted 15 posts, if I make this one, it's a miracle otherwise it's just another lost one.

Being part of the rF track crew sucks. You know hundreds of guys will spend hundred to thousands of laps on your track with only a goal of a laptime.

If they achieve it, feel it, flow with it, it's the best track ever... but they enjoy it so much they don't post on it.

If they don't achieve it, don't feel it, don't flow with it, or don't get their desired result, it's the worst track ever. They're pissed, quit the game and post about it. Or they crash and say it in game.

As a LONGTIME...very long...old ass... creator... you will hear you suck, you don't put effort in, you're stupid, you don't know what you're doing, you didn't try, you don't know dirt bikes, etc. etc. etc.

In fact, you hear that more than you hear the few good things because only one guy wins, 3 podium (per class) and as a whole hundreds either don't qualify, don't podium, or don't live up to their expectations.

Thick skin or not, it sucks. Even when you're proven, confident, and know you're doing your best, it still sucks.

I can say, this year with a mostly new crew, they aren't as proven or confident (guessing becauase they haven't done all this before to this extent) and will take it more personally. After years being paid a lot of money to do it for a corporation for millions of consumers, I still took it personally in our community; so I can't image today's guys.

Just saying, I'm surprised anyone is still going, so make sure ot be extra respectful and hold your "jokes" back. IMO it's the only hope of you making progress and keeping this going from an outsider.
As I mentioned in the official rf series thread, I am extremely grateful for what y'all do. I don't race at all, but I've been playing this game pretty much since it's release. Looking forward to the rf tracks every year is a highlight of my year, every year. If my comment about having BAC create track came off as slighting the rf crew, I'm sorry. I meant what I said, I think it would be interesting to throw in a couple of different, proven, track makers such as BAC or JG for the simple fact that their tracks are so much different and would add variety.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

rsbdotexe wrote:
As I mentioned in the official rf series thread, I am extremely grateful for what y'all do. I don't race at all, but I've been playing this game pretty much since it's release. Looking forward to the rf tracks every year is a highlight of my year, every year. If my comment about having BAC create track came off as slighting the rf crew, I'm sorry. I meant what I said, I think it would be interesting to throw in a couple of different, proven, track makers such as BAC or JG for the simple fact that their tracks are so much different and would add variety.
My reply was to Aeffertz's post and had nothing to do with yours at all.

While you ask for variety, I can say from experience, it makes things WAY worse. People have a certain "style" they get used to and tryhard and build setups for and as soon as that changes, they get very upset. You're seeing part of that change causing issues at the start of 2020 with new creators. We eventually had went to an East creator and West creator for that reason.

I don't know BAC, not sure if the team has talked to him or he's talked to them. JG had a shot and... didn't fit in well with the team. It wasn't a lack of talent, it just didn't fit. Perry has tried multiple times but isn't able to because of some stuff that happened years ago. rF has always welcomed talent if they are reliable and able to work well in a team environment.
ssChuckyss

Post by ssChuckyss »

Great track
rsbdotexe

Post by rsbdotexe »

checkerz wrote:
rsbdotexe wrote:
My reply was to Aeffertz's post and had nothing to do with yours at all.

While you ask for variety, I can say from experience, it makes things WAY worse. People have a certain "style" they get used to and tryhard and build setups for and as soon as that changes, they get very upset. You're seeing part of that change causing issues at the start of 2020 with new creators. We eventually had went to an East creator and West creator for that reason.

I don't know BAC, not sure if the team has talked to him or he's talked to them. JG had a shot and... didn't fit in well with the team. It wasn't a lack of talent, it just didn't fit. Perry has tried multiple times but isn't able to because of some stuff that happened years ago. rF has always welcomed talent if they are reliable and able to work well in a team environment.
Fair enough, y'all know way more about this than I do. =) Thanks for the clarification Checkerz!