THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2020 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Organize races and post results here
T_217
Team: Stoolbend

Re: THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2020 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Post by T_217 »

Trevor#91 wrote:
ROSE822 wrote:how did Tyler Scheels get no penalty lol
lol right
8)
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Racers52 wrote:I've always been of the opinion that the main problem with erode is the inability to see it.
But then teams work hard to make it visible and we get harsh weird lighting or whatever that’s not a big deal but once you can see the erode then eveeyone realizes it’s bad for racing. Nobody goes and squares up and cuts down anymore to make a pass. You just follow 1 by 1 in the main rut.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

erode outdoors only please
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

ColtonM wrote:
KaseoDip wrote:Erode should not be used in SX. It makes passing individuals almost impossible unless they crash or you get a better run than them in the whoops. Block passing is nearly impossible. I would love to see the next round be no erode and see how the racing is. I bet it would be much better. Erode is literally making some of the fastest people in the game stop playing because it shouldn't be used for SX.
Let’s end this before round 3 please. Save this game. Keep it for outdoors but please make supercross great again. We recognize the amazing work and effort that has been put in, but let’s focus that work on outdoors and maybe re-implement in supercross down the line when it’s perfected. I just wanna enjoy racing fast sim players again instead of the track. Get guys like Tysen back too.
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol:
SMITH_119

Post by SMITH_119 »

Not many votes but still. I think erode is one of the causes of the toxic community growing. Obviously every game has toxic people but it didn't seem as bad when I first got into the game. It seems like there is more dirty passes being made but when there is one main rut in each turn how else are you supposed to pass in a turn without taking the rut away and 90% of the time you take the front wheel out of the person your passing. Which leads to more pissed off/toxic people lol.

On a side note, I vote erode for outdoors 100%
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

My season thus far in two words: Mega yikes.
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

AWood wrote:
Racers52 wrote:I've always been of the opinion that the main problem with erode is the inability to see it.
But then teams work hard to make it visible and we get harsh weird lighting or whatever that’s not a big deal but once you can see the erode then eveeyone realizes it’s bad for racing. Nobody goes and squares up and cuts down anymore to make a pass. You just follow 1 by 1 in the main rut.
You know it’s bad when one of the SYS commentators (who actually has to closely watch the racing each week) agree that it’s hurting the racing. Like who’s ego is preventing this charade from ending asap? C’mon kids, I want to battle people again like this game is designed for. It’s not meant to be rider vs track, that’s what a mudder is.
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol:
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Erode in SX is literally the worst thing that’s ever happened in the competitive scene. Playing with it in a server with a few people is pretty fun, but with 22 people hitting the same line every lap, it just creates a single line so passing is almost impossible. I agree with Snopro, who’s ego would be hurt if it were to go away?? There is no need for it in SX. If I were to guess, I would say 19 of the 22 people in each main do not want to race with erode. ITS NOT RACING! It’s slot car, single file, wait for someone to make a mistake, racing. There is nothing more fun than trying to run it up someone’s inside to pass, or having to cut down to square up the corner. At the current state, the competitive scene should not be running such a broken erode system. It’s just not good for SX and is really starting to turn people away from a game that should be growing, not dying.
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Pros and cons of erode

Pros:
-Track changes throughout the race
-Occasionally makes you change lines

Cons:
-Ability to pass cut down by 98%
-Can hardly even see erode without play-doh (then your track looks like doo doo)
-Much more difficult for PC to handle game
-Random, unrealistic kickers
-Qualifying is absolute garbage
-Pushing people away from racing
-Literally no one wants it
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

Last time there was a big poll it was split pretty much right down the middle.

I'm well aware that there have been people who quit due to not liking erode, but I know for a fact it has also brought some people back. The entire goal for myself and everyone on rF has always been to progress the game, not to take steps back.

Motocross is a tough industry, and mx games are no different. If we can't achieve the best visuals, the next best thing we can do is provide the most realistic racing experience, it's what is and always has given MX Simulator a selling point.

Also for the complaint of not being able to cut down out of ruts, I know that was an issue on A1, that was my mistake, I didn't paint the tile correctly. Round 2 was definitely better, and was easy to cut down out of ruts.

On a personal side note, I know that this game got extremely stale for me around 2016-2017. The only thing that has kept this game interesting for me is erode, and I know that I'm not alone on that.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Here’s my thing with erode. I feel like outdoors it’s almost perfect. Last years supercross was pretty good and we had less complaints about erode. Something has changed between last years Sx and this year. There’s so many problems with erode we can’t solve for Sx due to lighting and erode itself which we need updates from jlv for. I feel like we should either lighten it up or take it out for supercross till we have the necessary updates to the game
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

I watched the races last night and it looked like erode was much improved from Rd1.

To go a step further, if you look back at when erode was first being used, it has come a long way...
honda708

Post by honda708 »

By the look of those gifs that Jeremy posted, block passes and clean hard racing still seems plenty doable when the rut forms on the exit of the corner.
2020 MotoOption Supercross Round 4 Glendale EU 450 Main Champ
2020 MotoOption Supercross 250 East Red Plate Holder 2/26/20 - 3/4/20
Officially pointed out of 250sx class in 2021.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Racers52 wrote:if you look back at when erode was first being used, it has come a long way...
Definitely. There's a lot of people saying it's the same as it was back then, and they're way off.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Does anyone have the 250 Heat 1 and LCQ demo from last night?