Idea for better AI riders on custom maps

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Luutii

Idea for better AI riders on custom maps

Post by Luutii »

Hey!

I had an idea about how AI bikes could improve on custom maps: Track creators having the possibility to “record” a lap on the track. One for all the different difficulties. Is this something that is possible to implement? or is it not possible?
BDawg
Team: Underground RC

Re: Idea for better AI riders on custom maps

Post by BDawg »

Luutii wrote:Hey!

I had an idea about how AI bikes could improve on custom maps: Track creators having the possibility to “record” a lap on the track. One for all the different difficulties. Is this something that is possible to implement? or is it not possible?
Pretty sure it's already a thing. I remember doing it a long time ago, but it definitely doesn't work that good
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Probably necessary to make them cheat to be really competitive. Really hard to make a good autonomous motocross rider.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

jlv wrote:Probably necessary to make them cheat to be really competitive. Really hard to make a good autonomous motocross rider.
I know nothing about game programming so forgive me, but is there anyway you could apply machine learning to this sort of thing??
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

D_ROY178 wrote:
jlv wrote:Probably necessary to make them cheat to be really competitive. Really hard to make a good autonomous motocross rider.
I know nothing about game programming so forgive me, but is there anyway you could apply machine learning to this sort of thing??
I'm not an expert on it but I think the answer is yes. Pretty well defined inputs, outputs and goal. It'd be very computationally expensive though. The network would have to be really big since it would have to know about all the different types of terrain it could encounter. So I guess the actual answer is theoretically yes, practically no.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Watch this, then keep in mind it's a few pivot points and straight forward. As jlv summarized really good, practically, no.