New Skin Maker

Post your questions here
copeland 227
Team: Privateer

New Skin Maker

Post by copeland 227 »

How do i actually go about making a skin from scratch? Is it blender, or is it a different program?
Any help would be much appreciated :D .
Tommy black
Team: RideLife

Re: New Skin Maker

Post by Tommy black »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRptlQkv-B0[/youtube] you can thank papa kellen
Tommy black
Team: RideLife

Post by Tommy black »

also tbh im not well informed on what programs you can use ive used photoshop for all the bikes ive made, obviously with the way sim is lets say you want a 2021 bikes youll have to buy the model to even be able to use that bike to put graphics on it.
copeland 227

Post by copeland 227 »

Tommy black wrote:also tbh im not well informed on what programs you can use ive used photoshop for all the bikes ive made, obviously with the way sim is lets say you want a 2021 bikes youll have to buy the model to even be able to use that bike to put graphics on it.
should've been more clear lol. im asking for help on actually designing gear on blender. i know you have to buy a rider model like jre, but making the gear to put on the model.
for example if i wanted to make the new o'neal gear on the jre model
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

You would want to use an image editing program. You can paint textures in blender, but it would be like running a marathon in cement shoes.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
copeland 227

Post by copeland 227 »

KTM57 wrote:You would want to use an image editing program. You can paint textures in blender, but it would be like running a marathon in cement shoes.
gotcha. so what is blender used for mainly?
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Blender is primarily a 3D modeling and animation program.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

KTM57 wrote:You would want to use an image editing program. You can paint textures in blender, but it would be like running a marathon in cement shoes.
Blender texture paint in clone mode is really useful. It lets you paint stuff on a distorted UV map perfectly. Very painful to figure it out and get it set up though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I have used it in tandem with Photoshop and Illustrator with great results, but a better use of my time would have been learning to remap UVs so my logos weren't stretched in the first place. :lol:
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Yeah, but if you have something with a lot of curvature it's impossible. It's basically pick any two out of no seams, no distortion and non-planar geometry.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.