MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote:Here's a cool WebGl demo
That water erosion sim was a yuge time waster and I lost the link you posted years ago, but found some other cool demos like 2million+ points in space that represent every point of light the GAIA satellite has mapped with the sun as the center. I was getting 4,000 light years per click of my scroll wheel! Fun stuff if you use Chrome. You use Chrome, right? Better try it now if any yall havent. A million useful extensions.
http://charliehoey.com/#threejs
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
jlv wrote:Here's a cool WebGl demo
That water erosion sim was a yuge time waster and I lost the link you posted years ago, but found some other cool demos like 2million+ points in space that represent every point of light the GAIA satellite has mapped with the sun as the center. I was getting 4,000 light years per click of my scroll wheel! Fun stuff if you use Chrome. You use Chrome, right? Better try it now if any yall havent. A million useful extensions.
http://charliehoey.com/#threejs
Those are some cool demos. Really makes me want to do some WebGL stuff.

Did you hear John Conway died of COVID-19? I had forgotten but the GPU Life demo reminded me.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote:Did you hear John Conway died of COVID-19?
I hadn't. I didn't know who he was until you mentioned him. R.I.P. John. I did, however find the OP of that erosion demo! http://codeflow.org/webgl/craftscape/
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

Check It Out Boys. Ferda...
In digital electronics, a NAND gate is a logic gate which produces an output which is false only if all its inputs are true; thus its output is complement to that of an AND gate. A LOW output results only if all the inputs to the gate are HIGH; if any input is LOW, a HIGH output results.
Let's go boys! Ferda NAND
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
jlv wrote:Did you hear John Conway died of COVID-19?
I hadn't. I didn't know who he was until you mentioned him. R.I.P. John. I did, however find the OP of that erosion demo! http://codeflow.org/webgl/craftscape/
Check out the xkcd tribute. Must have taken forever to come up with a pattern that blinks out and sends the glider off to heaven!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

I did run "the game of life" one. You could affect it with the mouse and spawn new iterations. No glider guns.
TeamHavocRacing

TeamHavocRacing

I forgot to mention to use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out. Click on dormant cells to kick them into action.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I did run "the game of life" one. You could affect it with the mouse and spawn new iterations. No glider guns.
It's weird that there's no way to pause it. You could enter a glider gun manually if there was a way to pause.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TeamHavocRacing

The only time I got to see real 500cc 2-stroke GP bikes in action was when I drove to Seattle for this race. I really miss Formula USA.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I fucking love Canadian casters. "Sitting back der in turd place"

That track looked sketchy as hell, no run-offs just concrete walls. That first race was good but the entire time I was holding my breath because I just knew someone was about to die.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing

I saw a guy shoot his chain about 50 feet in front of himself on the straight after the right hairpin in the steps. That was scary. Bumped into an old roadracing friend from Portland too. Those YZR500's coming at you at 180+ was a sound! Kinda ripping air at first, then that plenum sound followed by that ear-splitting crack of factory 2t. Rich Oliver was flying on that thing! Dig Kenny Roberts Jr. on the L. Ron Hubbard bike lol. I really love YouTube. I rode in the back of my own Datsun 620 King Cab to SIR that day. Went back 17yrs later for NHRA NW Nationals. Last year of 1/4 mile. R.I.P. Scott Kalitta. I miss racing. R.I.P. Racing.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

R.I.P. Ryan Capes
TeamHavocRacing

Aw crap! You'd think it would be from crashing while attempting a new record. Just speculating it was drugs, but probable. R.I.P.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Going as far as he did, it wasn't an unlikely outcome :(