So, i made a petition

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
LewisWilliams
Team: Impact

So, i made a petition

Post by LewisWilliams »

I Made this last night whilst high as a kite so go easy if you will. thought it might be worth a shot. This isn't me blasting JLV In any way i just wanted to see how many people want this to actually happen. https://www.change.org/MXSimulatorUpdate
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: So, i made a petition

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I didn't bother. Since JLV is the sole programmer that also has a day job last time I checked, he is at max productivity already. So, I can safely say that it's a bunch of bullshit some high kid came up with that is probably already on the to do list.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I didn't bother. Since JLV is the sole programmer that also has a day job last time I checked, he is at max productivity already. So, I can safely say that it's a bunch of bullshit some high kid came up with that is probably already on the to do list.
It’s a petition to port the game to a new engine for optimization. Kids know nothing about game programming, they think it’s just as easy as changing one or two things to put it in an engine lol. Complete idiots
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
LewisWilliams

Post by LewisWilliams »

I've been around for 10+ years, i wouldn't exactly call my self some "High Kid" So please refrain from sounding like a moron in the future. Also a side note yes i know JLV Is a sole programmer, and as i stated it's not intended to take shots at him. But i was just curious as we haven't had a title update in nearly a year and a snapshot update for nearly 6 months. And also OpenGL has never completely redone an API for each version. Its more or less just adding or removing features to the current one so it wouldn't need converting to 2.0 or whatever version he decides on switching to rather than just requiring the features from it. So yes although it is a bit of work it's a whole new engine and as much work as you're thinking. So please, get a clue
LewisWilliams

Post by LewisWilliams »

DBRider251 wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:I didn't bother. Since JLV is the sole programmer that also has a day job last time I checked, he is at max productivity already. So, I can safely say that it's a bunch of bullshit some high kid came up with that is probably already on the to do list.
It’s a petition to port the game to a new engine for optimization. Kids know nothing about game programming, they think it’s just as easy as changing one or two things to put it in an engine lol. Complete idiots
I Also don't think you read the thing either, at what point did i mention porting the game to a new engine? gonna be loosing calories jumping to all these conclusions my god
TeamHavocRacing

I don't want to sound like a dick, but...
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Glizzyz
Team: Privateer

Post by Glizzyz »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I don't want to sound like a dick, but... i completely sound like a massive one :oops:
[youtube][/youtube]
TeamHavocRacing

Right. So, this is just like Jake Rose wanting a smooth tool on the rear wheel. Lewis said "...didn't want to blast JLV..." but is basically asking... "Why can't you just make the whole game over again from scratch?" ...for free? A petition won't make it happen any more that putting a gun to JLV's head.
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Right. So, this is just like Jake Rose wanting a smooth tool on the rear wheel. Lewis said "...didn't want to blast JLV..." but is basically asking... "Why can't you just make the whole game over again from scratch?" ...for free? A petition won't make it happen any more that putting a gun to JLV's head.
why you still carrying on the argument may i ask? this is now being petty. just drop it
TeamHavocRacing

These pie-in-the-sky wishes that border on demands are pointless. JLV clearly states his plans, capabilities and limitations. You kids all want SX 3? Go buy it! You should start a poll next.
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

If he were to convert the game over to a new game engine he'd have to buy the rights and licensing for that game engine before he is even able to get to work on remaking the entire game. Yes, I would love to have the game updated and more optimized for the current pc's. But in all reality I think it would hurt the community more than help it. We would have no updates for the game ever for probably a few years because it doesn't just get converted over night.
TeamHavocRacing

Bravo to you! That was a lot more realistic.
LewisWilliams

Post by LewisWilliams »

I Don't think you understand what i'm saying, at no point have i mentioned "Re-Writing the whole game" Graphics And Erode don't mean shit to a lot of us as much as the ability to run the game at a solid 125FPS, Right now with OBJ's and Erode NASA can't even do that. Just optimisation updates, there is no way we should need the PC's we have just to get a constant 125FPS On medium with sim, updating to a newer version of OpenGL Might just open the door to some better optimisation. And as JLV Has stated himself its not a massive load like a lot of people think it is. a lot of the players who actually race pro don't really care about the graphics, sim is what it is because of that and changing them would be weird. And Erode can be played with over-time, its not unplayable right now as long as you aren't affected by you guessed it, lag... Just optimisation updates and bug fixes are what this game needs, screw the graphics they're fine and we have enough features. just make the game playable i guess :)
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

LewisWilliams wrote:I Don't think you understand what i'm saying, at no point have i mentioned "Re-Writing the whole game" Graphics And Erode don't mean shit to a lot of us as much as the ability to run the game at a solid 125FPS, Right now with OBJ's and Erode NASA can't even do that. Just optimisation updates, there is no way we should need the PC's we have just to get a constant 125FPS On medium with sim, updating to a newer version of OpenGL Might just open the door to some better optimisation. And as JLV Has stated himself its not a massive load like a lot of people think it is. a lot of the players who actually race pro don't really care about the graphics, sim is what it is because of that and changing them would be weird. And Erode can be played with over-time, its not unplayable right now as long as you aren't affected by you guessed it, lag... Just optimisation updates and bug fixes are what this game needs, screw the graphics they're fine and we have enough features. just make the game playable i guess :)
To be fair if you spent the time to go through and read JLV's posts you would have read he has already outlined his plans to work on these things and reasons why he hadn't already.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

LewisWilliams wrote:I Don't think you understand what i'm saying, at no point have i mentioned "Re-Writing the whole game" Graphics And Erode don't mean shit to a lot of us as much as the ability to run the game at a solid 125FPS, Right now with OBJ's and Erode NASA can't even do that. Just optimisation updates, there is no way we should need the PC's we have just to get a constant 125FPS On medium with sim, updating to a newer version of OpenGL Might just open the door to some better optimisation. And as JLV Has stated himself its not a massive load like a lot of people think it is. a lot of the players who actually race pro don't really care about the graphics, sim is what it is because of that and changing them would be weird. And Erode can be played with over-time, its not unplayable right now as long as you aren't affected by you guessed it, lag... Just optimisation updates and bug fixes are what this game needs, screw the graphics they're fine and we have enough features. just make the game playable i guess :)
One thing you should be aware of is that while there are optimizations to be made to the game, mostly in the terrain rendering, billboard rendering and erode processing, there isn't much I can do about models with huge triangle counts with no LODs. Those will be slow no matter what graphics API you use.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.