The Other Racing Games Topic
-
MX PRODIGY 17
- Posts: 3275
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:36 pm
- Team: TBR
- Location: New Jersey
Re: The Other Racing Games Topic
dp, but yea that onboard cam was SOO sick man. I loved the idea, just was super laggy. Hope to see that in a bunch of rigs someday for the stream.

-
Robert196
- Posts: 3408
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:50 pm
- Location: 192.168. 1.1
Re: The Other Racing Games Topic
Kasey decided to do a NASCAR Daytona Hosted race now, come in TS and join us!
Cars are both the Gen 6 and the COT. Hopefully he gets a good turnout!
Cars are both the Gen 6 and the COT. Hopefully he gets a good turnout!
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
-
KaseoDip
- Village Idiot
- Posts: 1879
- Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:39 pm
- Team: Tegridy Farms
- Location: Kansas
Re: The Other Racing Games Topic
THAT.......WAS........AWESOME!! Didn't even finish before everyone quit. I'd say that's pretty successful!!
-
Stormz
- Posts: 2015
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 7:52 pm
- Location: US of A
- Contact:
Re: The Other Racing Games Topic
I actually play sim fully geared up, at times I roll my bike to the center of the living room, much to my wife's dismay, and play because it makes me feel cool, when I watch Tysen, I make motorcycle noises and try and do wheelies on my bike while sitting in the living room as well. It's all to no avail though, because I still suck IRL...I mean even those dirty Kansas riders beat me (f'in Kasey!)MXTrent75287 wrote:I'll sum it up. And once again, my opinion.
Call it what you want, but it is what it is.
So thank you for ruining my confidence and pissing me off. I think I'll go beat off until my dong is chapped wishing I had as cool of a life as MXTrent.
#DOYOUEVENLIFTBRO
-
KaseoDip
- Village Idiot
- Posts: 1879
- Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:39 pm
- Team: Tegridy Farms
- Location: Kansas
Re: The Other Racing Games Topic
Don't mind me while I put this in my signature.Stormz wrote:I mean even those dirty Kansas riders beat me (f'in Kasey!)
-
yzmxer608
- Posts: 15352
- Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:30 am
- Team: SYS
- Location: Wisconsin, U.S.A
Re: The Other Racing Games Topic
Mikey pls,
http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/topic/ ... entry53819
http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/topic/ ... creen-rig/




Besides the motion on the seat/pedal unit, the whole rear end slides horizontally when the rear loses traction. I believe the video is of an older version of it, the photos are the newest on his log.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
-
Cooper305
- Crushed Dissenter
- Posts: 98
- Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:35 am
- Team: Privateer
-
dylan22
- Posts: 2669
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:46 am
- Location: South Australia
Re: The Other Racing Games Topic
I'm thinking about doing this to, but it's a pain thinking how you could design it to work efficiently with other games to. Unless you want to just unplug your pc and set it up on a desk every time you want to play a different game.Mikey wrote: Thinking of building a DIY simrig, not sure if i want to jump into it though. I need to find one which will be convenient for keyboard use.
I was looking at one of these, but It's pretty pricey and I haven't been into iRacing a lot lately. It feels like I cant get the wheel set up right, as you'd know ha.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Next-Level-R ... 0269wt_985

-
Kramton
- Posts: 221
- Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 pm
- Team: No frippery
Re: The Other Racing Games Topic
What are your settings in the logitech profiler?
900 Degrees Rotation
107% Effects strength
0 Spring
0 Damping
NO centering spring
In game I adjust my FFB strength per car, and use 850 Degrees of rotation. If you enable the FPS/Network Display using the "F" key you'll see the "P" on the bottom with the bar that goes across the screen. You'll want to set your FFB strength so that bar moves to the right as far as possible, but never turns red/reaches the end of the graph. I'm usually between 18-20. I use a brake curve factor of between 1.8 and 2.2 depending on car, higher on oval cars because I trail brake more and need more control in the lower range of my brake throw, versus road racing where I want more control up top or near the end of my brake throw.
Hope that helps!
900 Degrees Rotation
107% Effects strength
0 Spring
0 Damping
NO centering spring
In game I adjust my FFB strength per car, and use 850 Degrees of rotation. If you enable the FPS/Network Display using the "F" key you'll see the "P" on the bottom with the bar that goes across the screen. You'll want to set your FFB strength so that bar moves to the right as far as possible, but never turns red/reaches the end of the graph. I'm usually between 18-20. I use a brake curve factor of between 1.8 and 2.2 depending on car, higher on oval cars because I trail brake more and need more control in the lower range of my brake throw, versus road racing where I want more control up top or near the end of my brake throw.
Hope that helps!
-
KTM880
- Posts: 1056
- Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:09 am
- Location: QLD, Straya
- Contact:
Re: The Other Racing Games Topic
Well i just got completely ruined by a guy with an extremely brazilian name. Guess they aren't the smartest in any sim
Can't believe my safety rating didn't drop. He caused 5 guys to crash and 3 to flip.
Can't believe my safety rating didn't drop. He caused 5 guys to crash and 3 to flip.
MX181 wrote:one of them bop it toys from when I was a child that taught young girls how not to give a hand job?
-
dylan22
- Posts: 2669
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:46 am
- Location: South Australia
Re: The Other Racing Games Topic
Cheers for the help mate ill hop on when I get home and check all my settings, real keen to get it worked out. I was quicker with controller then wheel and that's not right ahah.Kramton wrote:What are your settings in the logitech profiler?
900 Degrees Rotation
107% Effects strength
0 Spring
0 Damping
NO centering spring
In game I adjust my FFB strength per car, and use 850 Degrees of rotation. If you enable the FPS/Network Display using the "F" key you'll see the "P" on the bottom with the bar that goes across the screen. You'll want to set your FFB strength so that bar moves to the right as far as possible, but never turns red/reaches the end of the graph. I'm usually between 18-20. I use a brake curve factor of between 1.8 and 2.2 depending on car, higher on oval cars because I trail brake more and need more control in the lower range of my brake throw, versus road racing where I want more control up top or near the end of my brake throw.
Hope that helps!

-
Mikey
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:27 am
- Location: Melbourne
- Contact:
Re: The Other Racing Games Topic
Yeah ours are way different Dylan. Thanks Mark.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
-
Robert196
- Posts: 3408
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:50 pm
- Location: 192.168. 1.1
Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Too much $$$$$$. Spent that in a time span of a year. Everything I've ever bought on iRacing and I'm A class in both Road and Oval.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
-
scheeve3
- Posts: 2672
- Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:20 pm
- Location: Belgium
Re: The Other Racing Games Topic
And that's why I have rF² 
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
-
Kramton
- Posts: 221
- Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 pm
- Team: No frippery
Re: The Other Racing Games Topic
Two things.
We get it, you own rFactor 2 and don't like iRacing's pricing. No need to keep beating that horse.
Two, its rFactor 2, not rFactor squared. FFS IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE A FANBOY AT LEAST KNOW WHAT TO CALL THE DAMN GAME!
Now onto my opinion. You get what you pay for. Buy it nice or buy it twice. These both apply to my iRacing to rFactor 2 comparison. rFactor 2 is terrible in comparison to iRacing. I own and play both, although I can't stomach more than a few minutes of rFactor 2 before I just shake my head and load up iRacing or the AC demo for something that feels and looks much much better. The only place where rFactor 2 gets the nod is in number of graphical features, but even at that it doesn't look as good as iRacing. The palette they use in rF2 is just shitful.
We get it, you own rFactor 2 and don't like iRacing's pricing. No need to keep beating that horse.
Two, its rFactor 2, not rFactor squared. FFS IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE A FANBOY AT LEAST KNOW WHAT TO CALL THE DAMN GAME!
Now onto my opinion. You get what you pay for. Buy it nice or buy it twice. These both apply to my iRacing to rFactor 2 comparison. rFactor 2 is terrible in comparison to iRacing. I own and play both, although I can't stomach more than a few minutes of rFactor 2 before I just shake my head and load up iRacing or the AC demo for something that feels and looks much much better. The only place where rFactor 2 gets the nod is in number of graphical features, but even at that it doesn't look as good as iRacing. The palette they use in rF2 is just shitful.
