CDTW: Monster Mountain Classic - presented by TMFR

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
ColtonD719
Team: Privateer

Post by ColtonD719 »

Download includes standard and erode ready prepped version. Copy the folders “cdmonstermountain” and “cdmonstermountainprepped” directly into your MX Simulator personal folder.
High Resolution (243 MB)
Medium Resolution (85 MB), 1/2 res of high version
Low Resolution (38 MB), 1/2 res of medium version
Ultra Low Resolution (34 MB), Low res version with bare minimum environment

Event Info

Yours truly on my YZ85 in 2002. Photo by Peggy Corlee.

Welcome to "the Superspeedway of Motocross!" When Monster Mountain, built by Mark Barnett and Greg Cole, opened in 2000, it instantly gained a reputation as one of the most spectacular tracks in the Southeast. The big rolling hills and long straightaways were unlike anything else around. I grew up racing here, from 80s up to 450s, and considered it my favorite track. Over the years the track has seen some changes, but this version is based on what I consider to be the classic Monster Mountain layout from the early 2000s.

I hope you enjoy throwing down on this track. Somehow I think I managed to spend even more time on this than I did on Sweetwater in an effort to create an authentic, realistic, and fun interpretation of this amazing track. This is dedicated to the memory of Chase Borders #910, a long time familiar face at Monster Mountain.

Huge shoutout to TM_Infidel at TMFR for supporting this track, and Wahlamt for hosting the race this coming Thursday.

Huge thanks to Zoa Cross and MotoChasin for the preview video.

And thank you to the following for their contributions:
TMFR - Semi Skin
MXfish - Start Gate
SMR 510RR - Semi Model
TwistMoto - Bike Stand
yFmx - Van, Endfence
JLV - Orange Fence, Water Ripples, Truck, Box Van, Crowd
Grass tileinfo from James Stewart Compound 2015 by Motoboss
Semi Skins and Crowd from 2016 SX Madness Series - Rd 5 - The Strip by checkerz

Big thanks to my beta testers for their patience and feedback along the way: jonracer594, dearnhardtfan7, 317, TM_Infidel, and Racers52

And finally, thanks to Gregg Brottman at RAD MX for hooking me up with some early 2000s video footage.

Hope to see you on Thursday. Have fun and please share your thoughts!
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Re: CDTW: Monster Mountain Classic - presented by TMFR

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Superfun track, loved making the video!
ColtonM

Post by ColtonM »

I ride this track alot irl and there is alot of stuff thats different but it fits the game good.
ColtonM

Post by ColtonM »

ColtonM wrote:I ride this track alot irl and there is alot of stuff thats different but it fits the game good.
my bad just read the post :roll:
TM_Infidel
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TM_Infidel »

Another rare gem by one of the best who continues to raise benchmarks. Colt you should be working in this industry. And bike stand that work? oh yes thank you. This super fun circuit will see some serious and intense battles come race day (28th Sep) ..don't forget the vid's for the event pls and fgs somebody hire that man!!!
Tristan.Botteram
Team: MotoSport.com

Post by Tristan.Botteram »

looks sick 8)
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

Thanks guys!
ColtonM wrote:
ColtonM wrote:I ride this track alot irl and there is alot of stuff thats different but it fits the game good.
my bad just read the post :roll:
No worries. I'm sure the current layout would be a lot of fun as well, but this is the version I'm most familiar with.
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

Post by SKERICK »

I rarely post about anything so for me to post about how good this track is says more than you can believe. Awesome work man!
MotoxMarcus
Team: True Colors

Post by MotoxMarcus »

Best track ever, and I mean this is the best track ever in this game that I have played. It feels perfect. I don't think a track has captured the realistic feel ever before the way this one does. There are some legendary tracks in this game, but this track is the most realistic thing I've ever played on in the game. I know it's just my opinion and a lot of people will disagree, and that's okay. I just feel like this track captures exactly how this game is supposed to work.
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

SKERICK wrote:I rarely post about anything so for me to post about how good this track is says more than you can believe. Awesome work man!
Thanks man, I'll take it!
MotoxMarcus wrote:...I don't think a track has captured the realistic feel ever before the way this one does...
I'm flattered. That's what I was hoping for, so I'm glad you thought it worked.

BTW, thanks to everyone who came out for the race hosted by Storken. I'm curious how you think the track works for racing. There were a few people in the server commenting on the traction as usual. What about the choice of lines, passing opportunities, etc.?
MXfish
Team: Blume Racing

Post by MXfish »

Hands down great work on decals and the environment! I love the roughness, its subtle but always on the right place.
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

MXfish wrote:Hands down great work on decals and the environment! I love the roughness, its subtle but always on the right place.
Means a lot coming from you. Your environments are next level
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Glad to help out!

Turned out really good IMO!
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

Racers52 wrote:Glad to help out!
Thanks for all the tips, Race! I look forward to trying flipping the overlay/decals around on the next one.

Kellen did a track walk on the "prepped" version and talked a lot about erode which is cool. Hopefully we'll see more and more people running erode on their servers.
Urt

Post by Urt »

ColtonD719 wrote:
Racers52 wrote:Glad to help out!
Thanks for all the tips, Race! I look forward to trying flipping the overlay/decals around on the next one.

Kellen did a track walk on the "prepped" version and talked a lot about erode which is cool. Hopefully we'll see more and more people running erode on their servers.
Yes Please! ^
I love this track but once again can't find anyone running it on a server with erode. Why don't people want erode on? Unless there are 20+ riders there isn't any reason not to run erode. It adds so much to the game to have to adjust lines every lap or two.

When online erode first came out people were labeling it on the server page so you could tell what track had erode on. That was dope. I dug that.