MCM Factory relaunch!

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Ddavis
Posts: 17228
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 am
Team: DX3 Fasthouse KTM
Location: California
Contact:

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby Ddavis » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:47 pm

I'll use sim 2 physics. The original physics are just too floaty lol
7 ['13 250 W] 6 ['14 250 E] 9 ['14 450 MX] 9 ['15 450 MX] 11 ['16 450 MX] 7 ['17 450 SX/MX] 9 ['18 450 MX]
EMF 450SX Win | 2x rF EU 250SX Wins | rF EU 250SX Triple Crown Race Win | rF NA Triple Crown 3rd OA | 100 Career Top 10s

User avatar
yzmxer608
Posts: 15342
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:30 am
Team: Race Tech/SD
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.A

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby yzmxer608 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:22 am

I still have a lot of stuff for the game if someone wants something specific. I always thought the sim physics II were what was mainly used, and pretty good. Not sure when the new site will be up, as it's past the 30th and still shows the same image though.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.

Ddavis
Posts: 17228
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 am
Team: DX3 Fasthouse KTM
Location: California
Contact:

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby Ddavis » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:22 am

yzmxer608 wrote:I still have a lot of stuff for the game if someone wants something specific. I always thought the sim physics II were what was mainly used, and pretty good. Not sure when the new site will be up, as it's past the 30th and still shows the same image though.


I'd love to have the object packs to ride the custom tracks (not sure if they're required).

I can't wait to see if all of the old tracks are still on the website. There's probably a thousand tracks I'd love to go back and spin at least one lap on for some nostalgia.
7 ['13 250 W] 6 ['14 250 E] 9 ['14 450 MX] 9 ['15 450 MX] 11 ['16 450 MX] 7 ['17 450 SX/MX] 9 ['18 450 MX]
EMF 450SX Win | 2x rF EU 250SX Wins | rF EU 250SX Triple Crown Race Win | rF NA Triple Crown 3rd OA | 100 Career Top 10s

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 7140
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby Wahlamt » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:11 am

Sandhapper wrote:I could try and put WW Ranch in MVA. I'd have to figure everything out again though. Can't remember how to use multiex anymore. Anyone got some tutorials?

MultiEx is actually quite easy, shouldn't take too long to get used to it again without tutorials. Same with Milkshape and all the other programs we used.
Purchased MultiEx commander som year back, but it didn't seem to work to extract the MVA .pak files, wanted to try and "import" some track... Any idea why?

User avatar
Andy_Hack
Posts: 2310
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:47 am
Team: SplitFire
Location: Germany/Bavaria
Contact:

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby Andy_Hack » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:52 pm

Wahlamt wrote:Purchased MultiEx commander som year back, but it didn't seem to work to extract the MVA .pak files, wanted to try and "import" some track... Any idea why?

I lost my key and the original download to it, so I wanted to buy it once again a few months ago, turned out that MultiEx is free now, but hell it wouldn't work either. I thought it'd only be me though.
Photobucket sucks.

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 7140
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby Wahlamt » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Andy_Hack wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:Purchased MultiEx commander som year back, but it didn't seem to work to extract the MVA .pak files, wanted to try and "import" some track... Any idea why?

I lost my key and the original download to it, so I wanted to buy it once again a few months ago, turned out that MultiEx is free now, but hell it wouldn't work either. I thought it'd only be me though.

So I wasted my 5$?! You think he'd do anything about it or is it too insignificant?

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 7024
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing
Contact:

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:31 am

Wahlamt wrote:too insignificant

I still have the original CD in its jewel case. Or was it a DVD? I'm not even going to go look on my shelf and check . This kind of retro gaming is definitely too short lived to waste the keystrokes and drive space. I've got five different off road motorcycle simulations installed already. I had moved on to sim by the time the Rev physics even dropped. I tried going back then and it wasn't worth it. You kids have your fun though!
jlv wrote:A smaller, friendlier community like in the first few years wouldn't bother me at all.

User avatar
sethypeety
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:51 pm
Team: SpitFire MX
Location: in your face
Contact:

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby sethypeety » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:03 am

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:too insignificant

I still have the original CD in its jewel case. Or was it a DVD? I'm not even going to go look on my shelf and check . This kind of retro gaming is definitely too short lived to waste the keystrokes and drive space. I've got five different off road motorcycle simulations installed already. I had moved on to sim by the time the Rev physics even dropped. I tried going back then and it wasn't worth it. You kids have your fun though!


I bought MCM2 on amazon about 6 months ago I think, and received the MCM2 jewel case, but mx vs atv unleashed was inside of it. (it is a CD btw)
Image

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 7024
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing
Contact:

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:10 am

Whenever I installed MCM or MCM2 it was someone else's. I got Unleashed for PC and that's all. Got way too many obsolete old PC games. I also have a box full of PC Gamer mags and a bunch of cover discs that go with them. Anyone interested or do you think anyone would be?
jlv wrote:A smaller, friendlier community like in the first few years wouldn't bother me at all.

User avatar
sethypeety
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:51 pm
Team: SpitFire MX
Location: in your face
Contact:

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby sethypeety » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:46 am

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Whenever I installed MCM or MCM2 it was someone else's. I got Unleashed for PC and that's all. Got way too many obsolete old PC games. I also have a box full of PC Gamer mags and a bunch of cover discs that go with them. Anyone interested or do you think anyone would be?


I am very interested. I really like to check out the old school stuff and see how "things used to be" if you want to put it that way.
Image

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 7024
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing
Contact:

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:21 am

Well, I still have Windows 3.1 on 7 floppies and Flight Sim 5 on a single 5-1/4" floppy. I bet those disks are all corrupted. I also have an IBM 486 with a Turbo button and an AdLib soundcard in a horizontal desktop case that you would set your monochrome, CGA, EGA...or if you were lucky a VGA monitor on top of. I could only find one pic! Now go change your undies!
Image
jlv wrote:A smaller, friendlier community like in the first few years wouldn't bother me at all.

Ddavis
Posts: 17228
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 am
Team: DX3 Fasthouse KTM
Location: California
Contact:

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby Ddavis » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Any word on if MCM will actually relaunch?
7 ['13 250 W] 6 ['14 250 E] 9 ['14 450 MX] 9 ['15 450 MX] 11 ['16 450 MX] 7 ['17 450 SX/MX] 9 ['18 450 MX]
EMF 450SX Win | 2x rF EU 250SX Wins | rF EU 250SX Triple Crown Race Win | rF NA Triple Crown 3rd OA | 100 Career Top 10s

User avatar
sethypeety
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:51 pm
Team: SpitFire MX
Location: in your face
Contact:

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby sethypeety » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:49 pm

Ddavis wrote:Any word on if MCM will actually relaunch?


The guy has everything ready to go , he is just running a little bit behind.
Image

User avatar
sethypeety
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:51 pm
Team: SpitFire MX
Location: in your face
Contact:

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby sethypeety » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:36 pm

Hey guys, Just letting you know the sight is finally back up, most of the links are still broken but being worked on

http://virtualdirt.com/
Image

Ddavis
Posts: 17228
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 am
Team: DX3 Fasthouse KTM
Location: California
Contact:

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Postby Ddavis » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:09 am

Image

My tracks if anyone wants to look them up.. the links don't work now so I can't really post them :(
7 ['13 250 W] 6 ['14 250 E] 9 ['14 450 MX] 9 ['15 450 MX] 11 ['16 450 MX] 7 ['17 450 SX/MX] 9 ['18 450 MX]
EMF 450SX Win | 2x rF EU 250SX Wins | rF EU 250SX Triple Crown Race Win | rF NA Triple Crown 3rd OA | 100 Career Top 10s


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests