shifting in air

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Re: shifting in air

Post by AWood »

SCHAFFERNOCKER wrote:
barrington314 wrote:thats just baller skill set, bros. and i will never be able to program my brain to tell my fingers to do all that crap at once.
You would be suprised stephan, I will be pushing two years this winter since I started playing. Once I found a control set-up that I liked and worked best for me. I now control the rider/bike naturally, I dont have to think about what I am doing. Its almost as if I can feel the bike and adjust accordingly with my fingers. Its pretty neat.

Reminds me of when I was real big into grand theft auto. I knew the cheats off the top of my head so I could up, down, left, right, up, down, left, right, r2, l2, r1, l1 pretty damn fast when I was in heat of the Fuzz lol.
up up down down left right left right B A start.

Contra Bitches. Come at me. Old people know whats up.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
MXTYSEN21
Team: Volcom Racing

Post by MXTYSEN21 »

Didnt know if i should have called it a rhythm triple or what ever. So i just said sx triple, my b.
you are a G jlv
TBARRY34
Team: BARRY

Post by TBARRY34 »

I've definitely upshifted in the air when I've left the lip expecting to land a jump into a long straight away....

Although as for Reed's case I've never left a lip in lets say 3rd gear then endo and go oh man I should shift up to try and survive thats for sure haha
soc_monki
Team: JDR JStar Motors

Post by soc_monki »

AWood wrote:
SCHAFFERNOCKER wrote:
barrington314 wrote:thats just baller skill set, bros. and i will never be able to program my brain to tell my fingers to do all that crap at once.
You would be suprised stephan, I will be pushing two years this winter since I started playing. Once I found a control set-up that I liked and worked best for me. I now control the rider/bike naturally, I dont have to think about what I am doing. Its almost as if I can feel the bike and adjust accordingly with my fingers. Its pretty neat.

Reminds me of when I was real big into grand theft auto. I knew the cheats off the top of my head so I could up, down, left, right, up, down, left, right, r2, l2, r1, l1 pretty damn fast when I was in heat of the Fuzz lol.
up up down down left right left right B A start.

Contra Bitches. Come at me. Old people know whats up.
dude...its up up, down down, left right, left right, b a, b a, select, start.

and yes, i was alive when Contra first came out...come at me bro!
soc_monki
Team: JDR JStar Motors

Post by soc_monki »

or maybe it was a b a b...well, its unlimited lives anyway. been a LONG time :mrgreen:
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:You guys have never upshifted in the air in real life?
No, I mean I upshift in the air when I need the next gear when I land, but never to get more mileage out of a panic rev. I just rev it to the moon, and wait for impact :P That takes some serious balls to try and ride out a 3rd gear endo to sand
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

I still use automatic shifting 8)

I dont doubt that you can go faster with manual gears but I only play the game to have fun so it doesnt really bother me.
mbork-1
Team: NOTEAM

Post by mbork-1 »

i know some riders like bubba use this trick irl too they shifts up (not up to 5th but..)and then again down to right gear
3rd MX2 EMF - AX Series 2011
2nd MX1 BMF - Friday Night Series 2012
1st MX3 - EMXs
8th MX1 EMF - MX Series 2012
motox161

Post by motox161 »

I remember learning this technique when the game was fairly new, and when there was no back or forward leaning.... There was really no other way to pitch the bike, unless you shifted gears in the air.
Gourley #13
pinit24/7#12

Post by pinit24/7#12 »

MXTYSEN21 wrote:Didnt know if i should have called it a rhythm triple or what ever. So i just said sx triple, my b.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3JpxwWQMVQ
Nick Pleshek #132
KTM57 wrote:Brady's just mad because his mom is a planet and she regularly gets annihilated.
i7 3770k | XFX R9 290 Black Edition | Mushkin 8gb 2133 | Corsair C70 Military Green
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I found myself shifting all the way up to 5th to get more mileage out of my panic revs recently.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

It gets your bro status up