2026 is here — end or evolution for MX Simulator?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Post Reply
andremf63
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:28 am

2026 is here — end or evolution for MX Simulator?

Post by andremf63 »

I just want to say that, even with all the problems MX Simulator has (toxic behavior, monopoly, discrimination), I’m still here, playing the game because it is the best motocross simulator of all time.
JLV, I hope you find the inspiration to make the game even better this year: updating sounds, interface, models, fixing old bugs, etc.
As we know, many new games are coming out trying to replace MX Sim, but the community is still strong, creating content every year because they truly love this game, just like I do.
Thank you, content creators ( you are the reason I still get hyped for this game every year!)
I’m about to turn 29, and I still manage to find time to play this game and compete in its championships.
JLV, thank you for all these years. You’re still here, helping the community and replying to suggestions, and that shows you still care about us.
2026 is going to be great. Let’s go!

— Feitosa MX
Jrife548
Posts: 644
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:15 pm
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Re: 2026 is here — end or evolution for MX Simulator?

Post by Jrife548 »

sim 2
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 8679
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing
Contact:

Re: 2026 is here — end or evolution for MX Simulator?

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Keep dreaming. He's still working on this game at a pace that a single person operation can do, while holding down a day job and taking care of their family. Go ahead and make a better sim with what time and skill you have at your disposal. :wink:
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
R.I.P. Sofa
Zooted
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:12 am
Team: Privateer

Re: 2026 is here — end or evolution for MX Simulator?

Post by Zooted »

With the number of AI tools available today, such as Claude, I don’t see a reason not to take advantage of them. AI could potentially turn work that would normally take a week or even several months into something that can be accomplished in a matter of minutes or hours, or at the very least, significantly speed up the process.
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 8679
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing
Contact:

Re: 2026 is here — end or evolution for MX Simulator?

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Zooted wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:45 amAI could potentially turn work that would normally take a week or even several months into something that can be accomplished in a matter of minutes or hours...
Do you really think that the biggest purist EVER would resort to just handing his baby over to hastily implemented AI slop? This is the problem with today, and it will be our demise. Lazy, easily dazzled kids not thinking of the implications of rushing into a fad.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
R.I.P. Sofa
jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 15526
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: 2026 is here — end or evolution for MX Simulator?

Post by jlv »

I wouldn't say I'm anti AI but I don't think I'd want to just dump AI slop into the codebase. It'd require careful review and for me at least proofreading code is harder than writing it in the first place. Definitely going to start using AI to verify my own code though! Probably going to try running Qwen locally since I don't want to send my code to Anthropic.

It's definitely super useful though! It's so nice to be able to search for a concept without knowing the right keywords.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Posts: 1220
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:16 am
Team: Phil's
Location: Cold
Contact:

Re: 2026 is here — end or evolution for MX Simulator?

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

jlv wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:35 am I wouldn't say I'm anti AI but I don't think I'd want to just dump AI slop into the codebase. It'd require careful review and for me at least proofreading code is harder than writing it in the first place. Definitely going to start using AI to verify my own code though! Probably going to try running Qwen locally since I don't want to send my code to Anthropic.

It's definitely super useful though! It's so nice to be able to search for a concept without knowing the right keywords.

I'm kind of the same way when it comes to AI development, I like to write my own implementations first and have models proof read my work. Sometimes the models can give me ideas for how to go about implementing an idea, but I'm generally against running agents to enslop your codebase. Makes solving an issue difficult as no human has touched / understood what was written. Local AI is definitely getting much better nowadays, the only problem the hardware needed to run them has gotten so expensive.
Image
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 8679
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing
Contact:

Re: 2026 is here — end or evolution for MX Simulator?

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Look at how it completely destroys a simple description of context in a video. It's so easily detected. It's another example of how easily we're hypnotized into doing something that is accelerating the race to the bottom of our resources. People don't want to hear how destructive a thing is that brings them joy or less work.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
R.I.P. Sofa
Post Reply