2016-05-07 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2016-05-07 snapshot

Post by jlv »

onefoureight wrote:I'm scratching my head as to why anyone would want a dead zone when playing, when I play having complete control of the stick and knowing exactly how much input I have is absolutely fundamental. Seriously what the fuck, this game would be borderline un playable with a dead zone on the stick.
Some (all?) controllers are a little noisy and give you a random position near 0 instead of 0 when centered. So you need a dead zone to keep the bike from steering itself when centered.

If you guys like a smaller dead zone, try .03 or .01 instead of .0625. Wouldn't surprise me if it was much more responsive that way.
JVanderlee225 wrote:This is the good one. I went back to the old old snapshot, mapped the controls and this is what it gives me.

This is the bad one. Using the latest snapshot I map the controls and this is what it gives me. It feels like my bike won't come back to straight up position. Once I lean over it just stays leaned over and I crash. Explains why I have been so bad lately..

It looks like axis 0 and axis 1 are a little funky on your controller. Notice how axis 2 is almost perfectly set at +-.0625, but 0 and 1 are all over the place. Wouldn't surprise me if that controller pulls slightly to one side without the dead zone.

Make sure you aren't resting your thumb on the stick when you bind it. That'd throw off the center position.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
JVanderlee225
Team: MadCape

Post by JVanderlee225 »

jlv wrote:It looks like axis 0 and axis 1 are a little funky on your controller. Notice how axis 2 is almost perfectly set at +-.0625, but 0 and 1 are all over the place. Wouldn't surprise me if that controller pulls slightly to one side without the dead zone.

Make sure you aren't resting your thumb on the stick when you bind it. That'd throw off the center position.
Yah it's probably just the controller it's an 8 year old PS3 controller should probably get a new one. Thanks the help JLV.
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

jlv wrote:
onefoureight wrote:I'm scratching my head as to why anyone would want a dead zone when playing, when I play having complete control of the stick and knowing exactly how much input I have is absolutely fundamental. Seriously what the fuck, this game would be borderline un playable with a dead zone on the stick.
Some (all?) controllers are a little noisy and give you a random position near 0 instead of 0 when centered. So you need a dead zone to keep the bike from steering itself when centered.

If you guys like a smaller dead zone, try .03 or .01 instead of .0625. Wouldn't surprise me if it was much more responsive that way.

Yeah that makes a lot more sense, thanks JLV.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
lucasslin32
Team: Privater

Post by lucasslin32 »

hi guys, i'm with a problem to play online, it says " can't resolve address " , my snap shot is Updated 2016-05-19, my internet is okay and my regkey too.. any idea how to fix it ? :|
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

lucasslin32 wrote:hi guys, i'm with a problem to play online, it says " can't resolve address " , my snap shot is Updated 2016-05-19, my internet is okay and my regkey too.. any idea how to fix it ? :|
That's a problem with your DNS/name server.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote:
lucasslin32 wrote:hi guys, i'm with a problem to play online, it says " can't resolve address " , my snap shot is Updated 2016-05-19, my internet is okay and my regkey too.. any idea how to fix it ? :|
That's a problem with your DNS/name server.
Or you simply didn't spell it right.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Alright, I have seen alot of people having problems with fps drops and until now I have not had an issue.

I recently got a new PC, and I now have the frame drops from 125 to 111 to 90.

My old pc ran on a 3570k, 16GB DDR3 and a 970 - MXS ran perfect, no frame drops, 125fps smooth all day!

My new pc is running on a 6800k, 16GB DDR4 and a 980ti -MXS runs terrible?

I do not understand how I am getting these frame drops on this pc?

I am playing on this snapshot as well.
Bobbyyyyyy
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Bobbyyyyyy »

Racers52 wrote:Alright, I have seen alot of people having problems with fps drops and until now I have not had an issue.

My old pc ran on a 3570k, 16GB DDR3 and a 970 - MXS ran perfect, no frame drops, 125fps smooth all day!

5820k 16GB DDR4 and a 980Ti same problems
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Bobbyyyyyy wrote:
Racers52 wrote:Alright, I have seen alot of people having problems with fps drops and until now I have not had an issue.

5820k 16GB DDR4 and a 980Ti same problems
Issue possibly connected to CPU's that have more than four physical cores?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Did you turn off threaded optimizations in Nvidia control panel?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Bobbyyyyyy
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Bobbyyyyyy »

jlv wrote:Did you turn off threaded optimizations in Nvidia control panel?
yes still frame drop, why dont you make it multi-core?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Probably will eventually, but more threads wouldn't fix your problem. It'd only help low end CPU's with multiple cores.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Bobbyyyyyy
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Bobbyyyyyy »

jlv wrote:Probably will eventually, but more threads wouldn't fix your problem. It'd only help low end CPU's with multiple cores.
more threads would fix it cause we have 8 core CPU's so a single Core in a 8 core cpu wouldn't run as fast as a single core in a 4 core cpu, cause the 8 core is more spread out un like the 4 core, you see what im saying?
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

JLV, I just got a new PC. 6700k and SLI 1080's. No matter what I do changing power settings or changing game priority among many other things I have attepted I still have this issue. I have gone as far to uninstall one of the cards to be sure SLI wasn't causing the issue. My GPU will not boost in MXS. Works 100% fine in every other game that I own. In MXS it will stay at idle 500-1100mhz. Will not run at the base clock let alone the boost clock. Any suggestions?

Before anyone suggests K Boost, EVGA Precision XOC only works on the Pascal architecture if you own a EVGA card. I haven't been able to find any other program to enable it.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Bobbyyyyyy wrote:
jlv wrote:Probably will eventually, but more threads wouldn't fix your problem. It'd only help low end CPU's with multiple cores.
more threads would fix it cause we have 8 core CPU's so a single Core in a 8 core cpu wouldn't run as fast as a single core in a 4 core cpu, cause the 8 core is more spread out un like the 4 core, you see what im saying?

I think one of the problems could be that MXS does not active a boost clock on the CPU.

I overclocked my i7 6800K today to 4.1GHz but the overclock does not activate until the CPU recognizes it is under stress.

MXS does not put enough stress on the CPU to activate the boost clock/overclock which results in lag.

I tested my overclock in Squad (which is a very hardware intensive game) and it performed amazingly and quite honestly had the best experience playing it today. On my old system I was lucky to get 60 FPS, but I was hitting 80-90 NO PROBLEM with the 4.1GHz overclock.