2016-05-07 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2016-05-07 snapshot

Post by jlv »

Bobbyyyyyy wrote:
jlv wrote:Probably will eventually, but more threads wouldn't fix your problem. It'd only help low end CPU's with multiple cores.
more threads would fix it cause we have 8 core CPU's so a single Core in a 8 core cpu wouldn't run as fast as a single core in a 4 core cpu, cause the 8 core is more spread out un like the 4 core, you see what im saying?
It'd definitely benefit slow and wide CPU's like the lower end AMD stuff. For Intel even the low end is pretty fast in a single thread.
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:JLV, I just got a new PC. 6700k and SLI 1080's. No matter what I do changing power settings or changing game priority among many other things I have attepted I still have this issue. I have gone as far to uninstall one of the cards to be sure SLI wasn't causing the issue. My GPU will not boost in MXS. Works 100% fine in every other game that I own. In MXS it will stay at idle 500-1100mhz. Will not run at the base clock let alone the boost clock. Any suggestions?
I can't say for sure. Like Race said, it might not be loaded hard enough.

For fast systems the game is going to be limited by the graphics bus. (That is, the channel the CPU and GPU communicate through.) There's a lot I could do to reduce the bus traffic. That's where the biggest optimization payoffs would be.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

jlv wrote:I can't say for sure. Like Race said, it might not be loaded hard enough.
I fixed my problem.

I went into my BIOS and disabled the Intel Speed-step feature and forced the CPU to run at 4.1 all the time with

adaptive voltage to keep my temperatures down. MXS is running fine now, I haven't had a lag issue yet.

I bet this is the same problem some GPU's are having.

MXS is not intensive enough to activate the cards boost mode ergo the lag.
Thereal541
Team: East Coast Motosport

Post by Thereal541 »

when I try to download the windows snapshot a box pops up and says "cant find game data" can anybody help? thanks!
Ezra
Team: Privateer

Post by Ezra »

Racers52 wrote:
jlv wrote:I can't say for sure. Like Race said, it might not be loaded hard enough.
I fixed my problem.

I went into my BIOS and disabled the Intel Speed-step feature and forced the CPU to run at 4.1 all the time with

adaptive voltage to keep my temperatures down. MXS is running fine now, I haven't had a lag issue yet.

This might work, however its kind of a bandaid for a bullethole situation, adaptive voltages can really destabilize overclocks, as well as send some pretty nasty voltages to the CPU(seen a couple of msi motherboards do this), a better way to lock cpu frequency in my experience has been to go into the windows power saving settings, and set it to performance mode, typically its hidden by default, but appears under a show all tab, this will lock the cpu at max frequency, while still giving you full control of voltages via the BIOS. Might not be a huge deal for small overclocks, but when youre trying to push the limit, adaptive voltage something that will definitely cause some issues. However we are kind functioning with one hand tied behind our backs with this game being OpenGL and all, so if adaptive is what it takes for some unknown reason for sim to work, i guess it is what is... :roll:
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Ezra wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
I fixed my problem.

This might work, however its kind of a bandaid for a bullethole situation, adaptive voltages can really destabilize overclocks, as well as send some pretty nasty voltages to the CPU(seen a couple of msi motherboards do this), a better way to lock cpu frequency in my experience has been to go into the windows power saving settings, and set it to performance mode, typically its hidden by default, but appears under a show all tab, this will lock the cpu at max frequency, while still giving you full control of voltages via the BIOS. Might not be a huge deal for small overclocks, but when youre trying to push the limit, adaptive voltage something that will definitely cause some issues. However we are kind functioning with one hand tied behind our backs with this game being OpenGL and all, so if adaptive is what it takes for some unknown reason for sim to work, i guess it is what is... :roll:
So you are saying I should disable the adaptive voltage? From what I heard it was stable and 4.1 on a 6800k isnt pushing it in my book.

I havent run into any stability issues so far as well.

If you have some more tips for overclocking the BroadWell-E I would really like to hear about them! :D
Ezra

Post by Ezra »

What im trying to say is in an ideal world i wouldnt run adaptive, however if its a must for sim, it wont kill you, especially if youre not pushing it, which it sounds like youre not.
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
Prydz

Post by Prydz »

jlv wrote:
onefoureight wrote:I'm scratching my head as to why anyone would want a dead zone when playing, when I play having complete control of the stick and knowing exactly how much input I have is absolutely fundamental. Seriously what the fuck, this game would be borderline un playable with a dead zone on the stick.
Some (all?) controllers are a little noisy and give you a random position near 0 instead of 0 when centered. So you need a dead zone to keep the bike from steering itself when centered.

If you guys like a smaller dead zone, try .03 or .01 instead of .0625. Wouldn't surprise me if it was much more responsive that way.
Do you have more "secret" tips to share that we can try out? :D
That stuff REALLY helped alot man.
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

Post by SKERICK »

I usually set all triggers and sticks to (-0.1,-1.0)(0.1,1.0) what am i doing to the steering when i change the (0.06298) or watever it is to (0.1)?? There is definatley no dead zone and i find the throttle more responsive using the same method? I don't understand the science behind it though. I Presume that i'm moving the upper and lower limit window closer together? So it should make it more twitchy but it doesn't it just sets everything nice and straight.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I'd recommend keeping a little dead zone in the upper limit. If you use 1.0 instead of something a little smaller like .9 you might not reach 100% when you move the axis fully. I don't think you'll miss the extra precision near the 100% limit.

For the lower limit, getting rid of the dead zone will help the responsiveness noticeably. If you change the .1 you've got now to .01 the controller will respond with less motion required. Probably worth doing if your controller centers to zero cleanly.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

Post by SKERICK »

Cheers Josh! its one of those things that you get used to and for 5 plus yrs ive had it like that. Any small change to input on a sim that is primarily all about feel puts me back to the "OMG this is f'n impossible!" way of thinking. I wish i had started playing sim in first person and i wish i started with rider mass at 50. These 2 things are sooo hard to get used to when u go from yrs of 3rd person and low 30's rider mass with low rider spring/damp settings, but they seem cruicial to taking the next step in progression.
Motocrosser_44
Team: MGFX

Post by Motocrosser_44 »

any word on a new snappie?? its been 3 months since last one josh. if ur working on it for that long............must be a goodie :D :D :D
Albert Tranghese #44 | Tranghese Designs
hildy21
Team: SikWan

Post by hildy21 »

Motocrosser_44 wrote:any word on a new snappie?? its been 3 months since last one josh. if ur working on it for that long............must be a goodie :D :D :D
+1
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Here's all the snapshots JLV has released. You can see that some of them are longer than 3 months, just be patient. Also here are the updates.
motostar508

Post by motostar508 »

Do I need to download the new update and the latest snap?
Clummzy32

Post by Clummzy32 »

Says cannot find game data. Does the mxsim have to be in a specific location.
And yes I have bought the game.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.